Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which Second Year QB Will Have The Best Season?
Matt Leinart 44 31.88%
Vince Young 28 20.29%
Bruce Gradkowski 3 2.17%
Jay Cutler 40 28.99%
Tarvaris Jackson 12 8.70%
Kellen Clemens 3 2.17%
Brodie Croyle 4 2.90%
Quinton Porter 2 1.45%
Other (Post Pick) 2 1.45%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
How on earth a troll became a mod here is still beyond me.
im fairly sure that was a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
speaking of massive homer who can't take a joke when it involves a titans player. if that wasn't already such a pathetic response to a clear and obvious joke, i would go further, but you already made yourself look stupider than i ever could. congrats.
i know VY would be a much better running back than a WR

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-19-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Leinart. Easily. IMO he's going to be a tom brady figure in 3 years. He'll take Arizona to a superbowl over the next 5 years and come away with a ring.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im predicting Vince to go through a little bit of a sophmore slump as DCs devise ways to take his legs away from him and its gonna be hard to do what he did last year again...And the Titans didnt do much to improve the talent level of the team this offseason, this is a team with a lot of holes.

So I think its Cutler or Leinart, who I both expect to have good years. Theyre both in very good situations and are promising young players.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
speaking of massive homer who can't take a joke when it involves a titans player. if that wasn't already such a pathetic response to a clear and obvious joke, i would go further, but you already made yourself look stupider than i ever could. congrats.
ahhh.....first post Ive noticed from you anywhere in a little while....and what do ya know? Insulting people, acting like youre smarter than everyone else....etc etc

And what was it you said, something about you only insult people who are stupid? And all this coming from a guy who is claiming that the guy who won the OROY and 2 rose bowls playing QB should be playing WR or S....And HES the dumb one.

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 03-19-2007 at 04:23 AM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Tavaris Jackson, If Minnesota Gets Him Some Help
We dont have enough draft picks to get him the kind of help he needs. We refuse to sign FA's and as it stands we currently have a very good LG and C, a good LT and an average RB. We dont have a WR who should be higher than 3rd in a depth chart and our starting TE going into the season is a complete unknown.

I vote Leinart, he looked really good as the season went on and has by far the best receiving corp of those listed.

Cutler is an obvious second option.

Brodie Croyle is the surprise option, depends on what happens with Green, but if Croyle ends up starting, he has some weapons out there are a line that whilst not as good as a few years ago is still solid.

Props to BK on the sig!

Last edited by wogitalia : 03-19-2007 at 05:36 AM.
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
he should be a WR.
Who did you blackmail to get mod? Seriously, I wanna know. I kid, I kid.

Anyway, I'd go with Cutler due to have the best line and overall team. However, people are acting like Henry and Bennett are incredible players who can't be replaced. They're both vastly average and White can replace Henry while whoever the Titans pick in round one can replace Bennett.

Last edited by Ewing : 03-19-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:16 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Jey Cutler. He is in the best organization of any of these QB's.

Leinart has to learn a new system and still has a bad offensive line and a bad defense.

Young has lost some of his supporting cast
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clear and obvious? rofl. If you're joking on the net, at least use a smiley. A would have been a good one. Heck, maybe even something a little more obvious like "Oh no, remember, VY can't play QB, he should be a WR". You know, to emphasize the sarcasm. Unfortunately, we can't detect sarcasm in plain text.

I'd say the sole stupidity here lies in the failure to utilize the English language well enough to portray obvious sarcasm. I don't have the time to wade through every post of yours to form a nack of when you're deploying sarcasm or not, particularly when half are arguments.

And I'd like you to please find for me one example of myself being a "massive homer". Resulting to homer calling at the first sign of an argument is about the lowest form of intelligence the forum experience can offer, right after massive homers themselves. Me thinking you referred to VY as a WR with a one line, non explanatory post is not being a homer, as that is the very definition of an Internet troll - posting something usually with little thought behind it looking for a reaction.

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-19-2007 at 12:15 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i hope all 6 tarvaris jackson votes were from vikings homers. otherwise, someone may need their head checked.
I'd be surprised if 3 of them were Viking homers. I'm one of the biggest and even managed to keep it in my pants to vote Cutler. I'm just hoping he (Jackson) doesn't get killed out there. That'd be a plus.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i really thought he should've been a safety. i mean, he's quick enough to play most tight ends, but his hieght would be a major advantage... although, realistically, he'd probably need at least 5-6 years to learn the position first.

Pfffffft. He sucks so much he should be the waterboy. Wait, that's too much, third string waterboy.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Pfffffft. He sucks so much he should be the waterboy. Wait, that's too much, third string waterboy.
3rd string CFL water boy.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
3rd string CFL water boy.
pshh practice squad cfl water boy

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Leinart

Leinart has help around him unlike any other 2nd year QB. Now if the questionable O line of the Cards holds up, he should have a monster year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leinart
Cutler

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i really thought he should've been a safety. i mean, he's quick enough to play most tight ends, but his hieght would be a major advantage... although, realistically, he'd probably need at least 5-6 years to learn the position first.
I could see Vince Young as a poor man's Pat Watkins if he was given 8 years to develop at FS.

Seriously he would be a good WR on a HB pass Matt Saracen style.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
(also, while we're discussing the english language, it's knack, and people don't really "deploy" sarcasm although that's a lexical argument more than anything).
How about I deploy my foot in your ass?!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and yet everyone else who's responded has figured it out. amazing how no one can detect sarcasm. :roll: (better?)
Everyone else who responded? I was the first person to respond to it. Nice logic there. And just because people didn't respond to it before me doesn't mean everyone assumed it wasn't sincere. Half probably couldn't care less either way, and the other half probably have you on ignore (either manual or automatic).

Quote:
no, the sole stupidity lies in thef act that you thought it was ok to immediately jump to a personal attack without having any vague idea what was going on in the thread. but hey, i'm glad you called me out for being a troll. brilliant reply, even had i been serious. (also, while we're discussing the english language, it's knack, and people don't really "deploy" sarcasm although that's a lexical argument more than anything).
It wasn't a personal attack, it was justified if it was a sincere post. That would have been a textbook example of a troll post - quick, stupid and aimed at getting a reaction. The fact it was not clearly obvious an attempt at sarcasm places the blame squarely on you. I don't know you personally, how the flying 747 f*ck am I meant to know when you're being sarcastic or not when you're using a completely non-emotional medium like text? You have to accompany sarcasm with something on the net', it's simply common knowledge.

And you've got to be kidding me - pointing out I missed a "k" in knack? That paragraph of yours above itself is absolutely riddled with uncapitalized words, not to mention an "f" in the word "the". Rofl. Oh and "deploying" sarcasm is perfectly fine - sarcasm is a tool of language and you deployed it in your response.

So basically so far we have homer calling and trying to bring it down to English lessons - what's next, are you going to say your dad can beat up mine?

Quote:
*yawn* immediately jumping on anyone who attacks any of your favorite players with an immediate knee-jerk reaction is fairly homerific, regardless of how weakly you'd like to defend it with "see? i just did what you did, so my comment isn't anywhere near as classless as yours".
The thing is, I DON'T jump on anyone who "attacks" any of my favorite players. I don't care if people want to criticize VY and post why they don't like him, but I'll occasionally bite on troll bait with some bait of my own. If you were sincere and had posted a detailed reason as to why you think VY is a WR, I may have still replied, but with an equally detailed response.

Trust me, there are still people who sincerely think VY should have been a WR. How do you expect me to know you're not one of them? Because you think the idea is so outlandish it has to be sarcasm? Because you think somehow I should magically know you were being sarcastic?

Instead of being an aggressive argumentative douche bringing out the homer card and further agitating the situation, you could have simply explained it was sarcasm and I would have apologized. I'd have every right to respond in such a way to a post like that if it was sincere - that doesn't make me a homer, it would be a flat out troll attempt and I'd expect any fan to respond similarly. Take one of your favorites and tell me you wouldn't fire back if someone posted something similar and meant it.

In any case, what I originally said wasn't even a personal attack if you were being sarcastic anyway - the attack was for being a troll, which was well justified if you were sincere, but since you weren't, it's totally moot. The troll tag was completely dependent on you being serious and since you knew you weren't, I don't see how you'd take offense. You knew it was sarcasm, and you knew I thought it was real - I wouldn't have called you a troll otherwise. All you had to do was point out it was sarcasm and my response would have been irrelevant, but no, you couldn't do that without a conflict; a "knee jerk" reaction of your own.

Perhaps I should have made room for the potential of sarcasm despite the fact in this day and age I would have presumed people realized you *have* to be painfully obvious on the net when using it, but there was still absolutely no reason for you to find offense at being called a troll when you weren't being serious, it's pretty clear by this and the amount of arguments you are involved in around here you're looking for it.

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-20-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

i thought it was obvious sarcasm

im serious about the practice cfl waterboy....................(sarcasm)

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart is going to find it hard not to succeed throwing to Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
omecool20

I think VY will have a better year than the rest. It would be interesting to see what the Titans will do with him as their 2nd year starter.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i thought it was obvious sarcasm

im serious about the practice cfl waterboy....................(sarcasm)
Why did you think it was obvious sarcasm? There is nothing obvious about it. How would you distinguish between that and a real post of the same opinion?

"he should be a WR"

It doesn't sound like sarcasm to me. No attempt to make it obvious at all. As I said, just because your real opinion is the idea of VY being better as a WR is so wrong it has to be sarcasm doesn't mean it is for everyone, I've encountered plenty of people who actually believe that even to this day.

Not to mention he quoted this post while saying it:

Quote:
If there's one thing I've learned in my football watching career, it's don't count out Vince Young.
I'm sorry but when you reply to that with "he should be a WR", I fail to see any obvious sarcasm. I don't even see why you'd reply to that post with sarcasm, that makes no sense to me. I could see why a troll would reply to that with troll bait though, as it would then be a differing opinion expressed in a manor that attempts to create conflict. Doing that would be trying to attack a positive post on VY and spin it into a flame war, but responding to that with sarcasm seemed redundant to me, and still does actually. It's an odd way to agree with a statement that's for sure.

I could understand if the post he quoted had something at all to do with VY being a WR, but I fail to see how what he posted was at all relevant to the post he quoted in a sarcastic tone - saying "he should be a WR" in a sarcastic tone is something I would have thought would be best aimed at a negative post about VY, not a positive post. It makes absolutely no sense when you read it as sarcasm so naturally I presumed it wasn't.

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-20-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Why did you think it was obvious sarcasm? There is nothing obvious about it. How would you distinguish between that and a real post of the same opinion?

"he should be a WR"

It doesn't sound like sarcasm to me. No attempt to make it obvious at all. As I said, just because your real opinion is the idea of VY being better as a WR is so wrong it has to be sarcasm doesn't mean it is for everyone, I've encountered plenty of people who actually believe that even to this day.

Not to mention he quoted this post while saying it:

I'm sorry but when you reply to that with "he should be a WR", I fail to see any obvious sarcasm. I don't even see why you'd reply to that post with sarcasm, that makes no sense to me. I could see why a troll would reply to that with troll bait though, as it would then be a differing opinion expressed in a manor that attempts to create conflict. Doing that would be trying to attack a positive post on VY and spin it into a flame war, but responding to that with sarcasm seemed redundant to me, and still does actually. It's an odd way to agree with a statement that's for sure.

I could understand if the post he quoted had something at all to do with VY being a WR, but I fail to see how what he posted was at all relevant to the post he quoted in a sarcastic tone - saying "he should be a WR" in a sarcastic tone is something I would have thought would be best aimed at a negative post about VY, not a positive post. It makes absolutely no sense when you read it as sarcasm so naturally I presumed it wasn't.
wow. Do you usually tend to "prove" you intellect through using very complicated phrases and words to say very basic and simple things?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:45 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
wow. Do you usually tend to "prove" you intellect through using very complicated phrases and words to say very basic and simple things?
I'm not sure I get what you mean - you're asking if I usually tend to prove my intellect when posting? Or if I usually try to prove my intellect when posting? Because if it's the latter, no - just as someone suffering from dyslexia doesn't usually try and prove they struggle with words, I write and post how it comes naturally to me, and I'm not quite sure what phrases and words you're specifically referring to as "very complicated".
Old 03-20-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its definetly between vy and ml

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote