Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-04-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Pac 10 Thread

Oregon looks F***ing good.

I also think this is a qb's conference.

Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.

This is gonna be a rough year for USC especially since their defense is terrible.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Widely regarded as the 8th or 9th team in the pac 10, Cal it definitly under the radar this year. I'm willing to bet a lot of money they finish better then where they're projected, but yes, it's going to be rough in the Pac 10 this year.

I love how Oregon plugs any RB into that offense and the guy ends up a stud.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I also think this is a qb's conference.

Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.
There's some big names at the QB position, but I always check the defense and running game first.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

add Katz to the QB list

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head -- 1st game suicide jitters, not on the same pg. The Rogers brothers did their NFL audition, maybe b/c they're next to padded giants but they looked more 5-7 than 5-9.

Jaquizz was being called the Next DeSean Jackson but he might actually be smaller, hard to imagine a flea-sized RB like him getting it done at RB between the tackles in the NFL. He could be drafted as a KR exclusively
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head
Yeah, I felt totally cheated watching that game. I hung in there waiting for the miracle comeback.

True freshman WR at Cal you're going to hear more about is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0PyQB7Blxc
Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)
Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.
Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

I suppose I see things differently here.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

I suppose I see things differently here.
I'm a Laker fan too, so I completely get it. When the Lakers don't compete for championships, I simply don't watch. SC isn't playing with a full deck of cards anymore, so despite the optimism from SC leadership, things are likely to get worse than better in the near term. From a national perspective, I think there was a misconception about SC football, with all the 5 star RB's and offensive players that SC recruited. During SC's run, it was the defense that was always most impressive to me. But I agree, that win against Hawaii was simply not good enough for SC standards. As for UCLA, they have gotten beaten up with injuries before the season even started and it's not going to be a pretty season for them.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Oregon looks good

SC - man, I can't help but think that as soon as they lose a game, the wheels are going to come flying off...

Stanford - they look pretty good, but I can't stand Jim Harbaugh. I'm waiting for him to get knocked off his high horse again.

Arizona - they may actually be for real, finally

UCLA looks terrible.

Cal - underrated, you'll see. People got off the bandwaggon a little too soon.

Washington - TBD
Old 09-14-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what Stanford is doing, but the run game is just not there yet. They have the talent but they need to gel still.

I'd honestly say that the Pac 10 is wide open still. A lot of these teams look pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.
It was a pretty good day for the Pac-10 with a near miss by ASU at Wisconsin then wins by UCLA,USC, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon ST........too bad they stink up in the state of Washington.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question i was wondering about....but if USC were to somehow win the Pac 10, would the 2nd place team get the bid to the Rose Bowl or would they just give it to the next best team in the BCS Poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go to the number two if they are BCS qualified. I guess they could just put Boise there if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford sure is impressive, regardless of the competition its still ridiculous the way they are beating people. Its amazing what Harbaugh has done with that program.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Just a question i was wondering about....but if USC were to somehow win the Pac 10, would the 2nd place team get the bid to the Rose Bowl or would they just give it to the next best team in the BCS Poll?
I think the bigger question is what if Oregon goes to the BCS title game and USC is second?

Do I think it's going to happen? Hell no, but while we're playing hypothetical, this one seems more fun.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontaze Burfict is the best LB in the country

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Vontaze Burfict is the best LB in the country
I remember like 5 cheap shots during the UW-ASU game last year. Great players don't need to facemask people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dirty, dirty player...

with that being said...

We (USC) would have gladly taken that dirtbag off your hands...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh no doubt, he is a mean son of a *****

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ASU game worries me less than it should next week. It may be the way Oregon is putting points up or it may be ASU's terrible, terrible offensive line... But I just can't worry about this game next week even though it's in Tempe.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:

Hats off to Nevada. That offense is completely confusing, but Cal has always struggled against dual threat QB's and on the road.

UCLA is so unpredictable. Just when you think they aren't going to win any games, they pull this off. So typical for them...