Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jedi Knight has a really good story imo, that was my first 50.

If you play on Prophecy of the Five, I was about to create a Trooper to play with a friend who is playing a Consular and we could group.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Unfortunately the FFXIV beta is only active during the weekends.

SWG Emu is an emulated Pre-CU server. They've been working on it for years and it's not that bad. They're still working on some stuff like Jump to Lightspeed, and other features. Most of it's in there, all crafting, professions except for Creature Handler (QQ, I want my Rancor pet back), player cities, all the types of missions, etc. I'm leveling a combat medic while my friend is leveling a teras kasi artist.

There's also an EverQuest emulator I downloaded. Playing on the Project 1999 server thats up to Kunark, and they're hoping to get out Velious asap.
Haha yeah, I downloaded it. I still had my SWG discs, surprisingly. Brings back good memories. How the hell do I level a medic? I wanted to make a doctor, haha. Can't for the faintest idea remember how to do it in this game.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha yeah, I downloaded it. I still had my SWG discs, surprisingly. Brings back good memories. How the hell do I level a medic? I wanted to make a doctor, haha. Can't for the faintest idea remember how to do it in this game.
You have to craft stimpacks and then heal other people with them. It's pretty boring to level if you don't have people to go do missions with. A lot of people just macro bot their character to heal people in cantinas/med centers.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You have to craft stimpacks and then heal other people with them. It's pretty boring to level if you don't have people to go do missions with. A lot of people just macro bot their character to heal people in cantinas/med centers.
Clearly you should come play with me.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing on the freetoplay pve server on the West Coast. Forgot what it's called.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Is it possible to group with F2P? God only knows with all the restrictions..

I would totes play with you, NIP.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it possible to group with F2P? God only knows with all the restrictions..

I would totes play with you, NIP.
I think so... It kind of kills the entire idea of MMORPG if you can't.

And my first character is on The Harbinger, but if everyone else is on a different server, I can certainly create a new character elsewhere.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I kinda had a random thought, and I'm not sure how technically feasible or possible it would be, but I think it'd be sort of amazing if we did some kind of podcast centered around gaming, particularly on the PC. Again, I have zero idea how to do this, but I would LOVE to do some kind of podcast centered on games.

I've tried listening to a few, but they are mostly super specialized or they sort of ramble incoherently about anything OTHER than games (the Giant Bomb podcast is absolute garbage). We should totes try to do a podcast. It's pretty damn simple in comparison to other things out there, such as a blog, which can be far more time consuming.

Could just do a bunch of topics centered on various areas of gaming. Gaming news, recent new games that have been played, etc.

THOUGHTS?! C'MON LETS DO IT! In terms of time commitment, I imagine it'd be pretty simple.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kinda had a random thought, and I'm not sure how technically feasible or possible it would be, but I think it'd be sort of amazing if we did some kind of podcast centered around gaming, particularly on the PC. Again, I have zero idea how to do this, but I would LOVE to do some kind of podcast centered on games.

I've tried listening to a few, but they are mostly super specialized or they sort of ramble incoherently about anything OTHER than games (the Giant Bomb podcast is absolute garbage). We should totes try to do a podcast. It's pretty damn simple in comparison to other things out there, such as a blog, which can be far more time consuming.

Could just do a bunch of topics centered on various areas of gaming. Gaming news, recent new games that have been played, etc.

THOUGHTS?! C'MON LETS DO IT! In terms of time commitment, I imagine it'd be pretty simple.
Dude I would so be with you on this one. If you are really serious about doing it we could get in touch with Shane and get some pointers.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Dude I would so be with you on this one. If you are really serious about doing it we could get in touch with Shane and get some pointers.
I think it'd be great. We have a lot of well-spoken and well-thought people in my experience playing with you guys. Again, I have no idea what the technical limitations might be or how to put it together, but as you said, Shane and others may have some ideas.

In terms of ideas/content, I think it'd be very very easy. It doesn't have to necessarily be exclusive to PC gaming, either. For example, could easily do a show on XBox One vs. PS4. Another could the evolution of MMOs. Hell, certain podcasts could be dedicated to a particular game, such as Minecraft, or upcoming games. Others just discuss recent gaming news.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will consider this.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I will consider this.
We need your booming baritone voice or this all falls apart.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need him and another guy so we can be Quarter-White
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm afraid that my sexy ass voice will cause all of our female listeners some.. problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
We need him and another guy so we can be Quarter-White
Haha.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I went with a Jedi Sentinel because I wanted dual-wielding. Would have gone for double bladed, but I didn't want a pansy Consular.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I went with a Jedi Sentinel because I wanted dual-wielding. Would have gone for double bladed, but I didn't want a pansy Consular.
The Assassin (lightstaff) story is much better than the Jedi Shadow story anyway, so you made the right call.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:47 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Jedi Knight/Sentinel was one of my favorite story lines. Every planet just felt so epic.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just got in the FF14 beta! \o/

Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

In absolutely loving SWTOR so far. I'm up to lvl 19 right now, a bit over leveled for my place in the storyline thanks to the xp boost this past weekend.

The only thing I haven't gotten into is the crafting/crew skills. I can't quite figure out where I want to take that.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The rumor is that the Steam Summer Sale starts tomorrow around 1pm est. Just a heads up. No idea if it's true but it's getting some traction.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

**** YEAH! Time to spend soooo much money. Damn you Steam. I've been saving up though.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was 7/12 last year, so I assumed it would be today
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Omg Summer Sale!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

You f*****s better vote for Boarderlands 2... $10. Amazing deal!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Someone help me with crafting in SWTOR!!

Oldie but a goodie.