Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my latest ideas for CK2 is to try to create a midget kingdom.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The best *** king there ever was. And yes, you should ALL get CK2! Wally and I's games are hilarious.
I've never found you to be particularly funny.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The best *** king there ever was. And yes, you should ALL get CK2! Wally and I's games are hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This ought to be good.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Guys buy the Paradox Humble Weekly Sale...get it so you can play Crusader Kings 2 with Forenci and I. Long live *** King RAGU! The *** KING OF IRELAND!
Done and done.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not buying or downloading games to play with Forenci ever again. I have like 3-4 different games and the most I've played is like 5-10 total hours of BF3. No thank you sir. No thank you.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You are a liar, sir. You died of laughter over Chris Hovan and EJ Biggers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not buying or downloading games to play with Forenci ever again. I have like 3-4 different games and the most I've played is like 5-10 total hours of BF3. No thank you sir. No thank you.
Psh. BF3 was just tough because we had five-six people with different expansion packs and getting that all to work and be fun was tough.

AND SCREW YOU PAL! You are the biggest abandoner! If you had actually played DayZ with us you would have had a solid 3 months playing with me!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Psh. BF3 was just tough because we had five-six people with different expansion packs and getting that all to work and be fun was tough.

AND SCREW YOU PAL! You are the biggest abandoner! If you had actually played DayZ with us you would have had a solid 3 months playing with me!
yea 3 months of almost every night play!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How am I an abandoner? You asked me to play 3 total times and those 3 times I happened to be babysitting my niece and busy. Your logic is flawed and your odor is insulting to my nostrils!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought DayZ.....played it a few times. Not as fun as I thought. it is fun with a bunch of people that can help you get places quickly. Sucks assss to walk everywhere.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That was more because of my amazing Madden skillz

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I did manage to beat Civ V as the Ottomans (on Chieftain difficulty), through the science victory. I managed to get a pretty lucky draw, as I was not sharing a continent with anyone at the start, and I was able to expand. It seems that the more powerful you get, the more the other nations try to gang up on you.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The wife just said I can spend $20 on a new headset. These are the ones I'm looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Snipa-Ga...mputer+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ster...ref=pd_cp_pc_0

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-F...ref=pd_cp_pc_1

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-HS-80...ref=pd_cp_pc_2

Some of them are a little more than $20, but let's just say that's a negotiation in the works.

Thoughts on something around that price range? It doesn't have to be special. Stereo would be nice. I really need the volume control inline or on the set though.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest(and I'm a bit of an audio snob I guess), none of those look very good...but the Turtle Beach's look the best. Makes perfect sense since they're pushing your budget, but yeah.

Looks like another 10 spot from there could get you a massive step up in quality as well. Half of that can get you these;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816018

These have some pretty beefy drivers and look more comfortable than most of the ones you posted(IMO), but I've never heard of the brand;

http://www.amazon.com/GENIUS-GX-GAMI..._sim_sbs_pc_32

These look OK. Creative is a pretty OKish audio brand as well. Looks like it has cloth pads as well, which tend to be orders or magnitude more comfortable than pleather ones, especially cheap pleather.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826158115

Koss makes a few things in that range as well and is a well regarded audio company.

But really, I think you would end up with something a lot better if you set that Jackson aside and waited for a few more to come along. Most of what you can get at that price-point will sound poor and won't be built to last. I think Steelseries has a newer budget headset due out in a few weeks, saw it covered in a PAX video I watched. Not sure about price, but it sounded like it was pretty entry level.

Better yet, screw headsets and get a nice pair of headphones(which can be had for an extremely low budget) and a cheap discreet mic. It ends up costing far less and you get a ton more...but yeah, not a good idea for everyone and probably only worth the hassle if you care a ton about audio quality.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-02-2013 at 04:11 AM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather go headphones + clip on mic. As electric said here is what I'm rocking now.

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-D...pr_product_top

Add on an $8 clip on mic and you are set. Sound is INFINITELY better than the cheap headsets.

Granted double your budget :/
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rome II : Total War out tomorrow. Who else is excited?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I'd much rather go headphones + clip on mic. As electric said here is what I'm rocking now.

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-D...pr_product_top

Add on an $8 clip on mic and you are set. Sound is INFINITELY better than the cheap headsets.

Granted double your budget :/
Yeah, those are pretty good headphones. I've listened to the 668B's, which are very similar to those(supposedly the same with a bit more bass emphasis). Really can't beat those for the money. The 668b's sounded better than headsets I know my friends had paid $200+ for. Only real knock on them for me was comfort. The 668B's had very cheap feeling pleather pads.

Panasonic makes some headphones in that price bracket that people like quite a bit as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHT...r_1_11?ie=UTF8

Supposedly have a really good soundstage, like the Superlux's. That's really the key for what I look for with gaming audio. Way more immersive when there's separation between things and everything has a sense of space/placement.

While we're on the subject of audio, computer speakers usually suck pretty hard too ;p Cheap receiver and some bookshelf speakers will be better than literally any computer speakers you can purchase. I actually picked up some pretty high end speakers for $30 on Craigslist a few months back. Depending on your area, there's usually quite a few people trying to get rid of speakers for way less than they're actually worth there. The only real detraction is you have to deal with speaker wire, which can be a bit annoying to cut and run...but it's well worth it for the difference in sound quality.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The wife just said I can spend $20 on a new headset. These are the ones I'm looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Snipa-Ga...mputer+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ster...ref=pd_cp_pc_0

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-F...ref=pd_cp_pc_1

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-HS-80...ref=pd_cp_pc_2

Some of them are a little more than $20, but let's just say that's a negotiation in the works.

Thoughts on something around that price range? It doesn't have to be special. Stereo would be nice. I really need the volume control inline or on the set though.
problem number 1. Your wife told you how much money you can spend. pfft NEVER!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys if we all chip in like 1 dollar each we can all and most likely get enough money to get NIP a pair of testicles.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

What are the Kickstarter rewards?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if you send me enough for shipping I have a pair of ones I got free.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Interestingly enough it is the Creative HS-800 Fatal1ty.

Let me know NIP!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made a GTA V thread for everyone.

Oh wait, it won't be on the PC for another year.

Just kidding, I would join the PC master race but I don't have the money. Please don't hate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm OK waiting if it means I get to play it on my 1440p IPS monitor at 60 FPS.

Consoles are fine too and I'm not a big GTA guy.

Also, you can save some serious cash on games making the switch with all the sales that happen. I'm pretty sure that's already covered the initial investment I made. I would wait to put together a PC if you're seriously interested because of the console transition, but it's not impossible to put together a decent $500 machine. $700 will get you a ton more though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not a big GTA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I liked Sleepy Dogs more than I liked any of the GTA games. Flaws and all. I've just never enjoyed the actual gameplay in a GTA game.

I will say that GTA V looks to have some seriously compelling characters though. Looks to have made mechanical strides too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau