Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XCOM: Enemy Within 33% off tomorrow.

http://kotaku.com/xcom-enemy-within-...3-o-1462456906
Old 11-11-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CS is ridiculous. CS: Source still has quite a few active servers. I imagine orginal CS still has active players too.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
CS is ridiculous. CS: Source still has quite a few active servers. I imagine orginal CS still has active players too.
1.6 is still active, just not a lot of straight forward english servers. I think my brother started his own server for about 6 bucks when we had a bunch of people jump on.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still play Source. I tried to go back to 1.6 (because hit detection in Source is ****, comparatively), but I couldn't stand looking at it. lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think 1.6 looks a lot better than Source. A lot cleaner and smoother and what not. Also, gameplay is 1000x better. Lots of people still play it, yet, more than CSS actually.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gameplay is better, but it's a bit of an eyesore. I struggle to play it for long enough to adjust.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone pick me parts for a $600ish PC, don't need a monitor, hard drive, windows, mouse, etc. use mostly for gaming & photoshop/illustrator

microcenter is a option for me

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Microcenter should make that very doable. I would have to look at the parts (too lazy to do atm) but that should be very doable and you should be able to get a good computer out of it.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125443

microcenters cpu+mother combo would run you about 300 depending on what cpu you get. i7 since you'll be doing some adobe stuff and it'll render **** faster with the i7.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how does this look

CPU - FX 6350 Black Edition 3.9GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ Boxed Processor - $130
Motherboard - M5A78L-M LX PLUS Socket AM3+ 760G mATX AMD Motherboard - Free
Video Card - 02G-P4-2771-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2048MB - $315
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - $60
PS - Builder Series CX600 600 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply - $55
Case - Classic Series Source 210 Mid Tower ATX Computer Case - $38
Tax - $45.43

Total: $643.43

yay or nay?

Old 11-18-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

found a unopened 600w PS in my garage :)

so might upgrade the CPU or get 4 more GB of RAM

opinions?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

upgrade the cpu

Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not a bad PC at all, but I wouldn't go to Microcenter for everything. Just the CPU/Mobo and RAM (if they give you a package deal for the RAM - I think they do with the one you picked). Although I'm not sure how you found that video card for $315??

On the case, if you're getting a bargain case, do some shopping around. The 210 isn't awful, but the HAF 912 is probably the best in the sub-$70 market for cooling and fitting everything easily. Not that I particularly care for the aesthetics of CM cases (I do not).

Last edited by nepg : 11-18-2013 at 07:11 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

on second thought spend that extra cash on a cpu cooler instead of using the crappy stock heat sink.

i have a pre filled liquid cooling one that ran me about 60

but heres a dif one

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-...amd+cpu+cooler

Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Evo is pretty standardly recommended as a baseline upgrade over stock cooling. An especially good idea since AMDs run hot.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

aiming for a i7 3770k/4770k & a GTX 770 at this point

Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I am now running 2 27 inch monitors so much screen real estate!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
aiming for a i7 3770k/4770k & a GTX 770 at this point
I'm mulling the 4770 when I rebuild.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Also going with a 770
Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got into the ESO beta for the weekend. I am intrigued but I hate these damn 3 day Windows.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-19-2013 at 07:29 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Stupid phone. Fixed now.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, apparently I had gotten into an ESO weekend beta and by the time I realized it the thing was over. Oh well. I'm really not that interested in ESO to be honest.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, apparently I got into it again without realizing for some reason despite not playing in the last one...meh.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I have to give it a shot I think. The GF has a lot going on this weekend so I won't get **** if it hooks me.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I really just don't have that much inclination to play it. Might hop on just to check it out but beyond that I'm not too interested.