Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Ive been playing it... I really enjoy it. The reason i asked was because I was playing and got my ass handed to me by a guy with the name GenZod
Do you play on PS3 or PC? I have been playing too but on PC.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
New Skyrim gameplay trailer. This game is gonna rock!

I've been waiting to see some gameplay and it looks pretty friggin awesome. It sucks we have to wait until November though. :(
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omfg!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Releases in May.

Also, I decided to give Rift a go... And so did over 1 million other people. That's a record, folks. Most successful initial launch in MMO history, and from what I've heard, it's good. Haven't gotten to play because the queue is so backed up. Not complaining, though. Would rather be waiting than swimming in lag.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only good hog has two wheels and a gas tank

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Releases in May.

Also, I decided to give Rift a go... And so did over 1 million other people. That's a record, folks. Most successful initial launch in MMO history, and from what I've heard, it's good. Haven't gotten to play because the queue is so backed up. Not complaining, though. Would rather be waiting than swimming in lag.
The amount of subscribers on launch doesn't matter. The first month is free. Wait and see how many users it retains after that month is over.

Rift is a World of Warcraft clone with more class choices and random Rift "events" spawning in the world. Everyone I've talked to has said that it is pretty much the exact same game. No thanks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 02-24-2011 at 10:09 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, skyrim is going to dominate my life when that comes out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i just don't get the point in level-grind mmos. i get so bored when the only point is to get to the next level.
Leveling isn't the point, it's the grind. The point is doing things at max level, ie dungeon crawling, raiding, etc.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The amount of subscribers on launch doesn't matter. The first month is free. Wait and see how many users it retains after that month is over.

Rift is a World of Warcraft clone with more class choices and random Rift "events" spawning in the world. Everyone I've talked to has said that it is pretty much the exact same game. No thanks.
I'm ever-skeptical, but I've heard good things. Initial launch doesn't mean much, but it does mean they made $50+ million in box sales in one day (probably closer to $60 or $70 million).

Sure, they used a lot of concepts WoW uses and probably have a very similar interface, but you'd be stupid not to these days. Some of the design concepts from WoW are just standard at this point.

The class system is pretty unique. There are skill trees, but you get to pick which trees you use. You start as a Warrior, Mage, Cleric, or Rogue (typical stuff) and can choose any 3 subclasses from your main class to form your 3 trees.

And one of my friends is (was) a high level raider in WoW (Top 50 guild). He says it has a much better - or at least different feel to it than WoW. It's not a WoW clone, it's just a post-WoW MMO.

Most of the people I play with are from Shadowbane (i.e. much different than WoW). They, in large part, hated WoW and were pretty nomadic since SB ended. They played some Darkfall and some of them moved to Eve. All of them played beta and really liked it.

I don't mean to sound like I'm singing the praises of the game, but it has potential and the people I play with like it a good bit.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I didn't mean it to sound like I hate the game, I don't, but the entire group of friends I play with (who you'd hardly consider World of Warcraft fanboys) have said that there is very little there that would be considered innovation.

The class system is neat and Rifts are okay (as long as they handle contribution points differently than Warhammer.. I swear my Runepriest got dicked over because of that) but I'm not seeing groundbreaking in any aspect, and that's what I need these days to get excited.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

There's a balance, though. MMOs can only be fun when there's lots of people playing them, and lots of people don't want to play an "innovative" MMO that you or I would consider fun or good.

Basically, as long as it's solid and not an NC Soft grindfest (people getting to level 20 pretty easily from what I'm hearing in vent), I'm good.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Do you play on PS3 or PC? I have been playing too but on PC.
PC... havent played in a week or so. So i havent seen the updates.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PC... havent played in a week or so. So i havent seen the updates.
Hero or Villain and what server?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Hero or Villain and what server?
Hero Death and Glory
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not sure how it will age, but Rift is fun as ****. The rift and world events are incredibly fun. The game is more like Warhammer than WoW.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Not sure how it will age, but Rift is fun as ****. The rift and world events are incredibly fun. The game is more like Warhammer than WoW.
Not exactly an endorsement considering Warhammer sucked.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not exactly an endorsement considering Warhammer sucked.
Warhammer was great until you got to level 35-40 and there was nothing to do. Rift mixes the good elements of Warhammer with some WoW and DAoC. Like I said, we'll see how it ages once people start hitting max level, but it's pretty solid and fun so far.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wow, Rift sounds PERFECT!

Hopefully they balance the classes as well as Warhammer did!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hero Death and Glory
Villain on Cry for Blood
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I had started playing WoW just as a time sink and hated it. However, I sold it for $340 today; making a $220 profit. Sweet!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I hope you didn't have SC2 or any other games linked to your BNet account...
Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope he did! That makes for a more interesting story.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, I had started playing WoW just as a time sink and hated it. However, I sold it for $340 today; making a $220 profit. Sweet!
Umm... how?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hero Death and Glory
i just rolled a Hero on your server