Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 to 1 the standalone isn't out this Christmas either.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've given up on the standalone.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Pretty sure that was the Taviana map, not Origins.
What is your point?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy my ****!

Batman: Arkham Origins - $30
AC4: Black Flag & Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $50
Package Deal - $70

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 more week till I get to play games again woo

here are the things I will be ordering soon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...TVPDKIKX 0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...5YNZR7Y B053N

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823114028

couldnt find the deathstalker on amazon but everything else is going on my amazon card so yay going to do a case swap into this

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Obsidi...s=corsair+750d

resleeving my black sleeves green and changing my red led + fans to green, I will do an update video again once its all done

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I've given up on the standalone.
Meh, I haven't. He made a big mistake last year when he said it would be done by last December. But to be fair, the original plan was to just port over the Dayz Mod to Take on Helicopters engine and then expand on it. He later decided to just scrap it and give it a MMO architecture. I have high hopes for it. He sounds like he is making it SUPER deep, which is why I have high hopes. A game like this needs to be incredibly deep in order to be successful.

And, I just like Hall as a developer. He is one of the most open/honest/insightful devs I've seen, regularly engaging in Reddit and social media. It's been a fun experience following the development.

To Vidae's point, you could be right. It just depends on how the 50 player population test went. That was one of the final benchmarks before Alpha release. At this point it just depends on how well it went. If there were tons of performance issues, then yeah it might be next year when we see it. If it went great, I would fully expect it by before Christmas. Would be perfect timing for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
What is your point?
That they are not remotely related? One is just a map, and the other is a full-fledged mod. You did not try it so I was just curious how you got tired of it. That was all. We both have very different views on DayZ. You have said you think adding houses and things like that "ruins" the game. To me, it doesn't. Players have evolved. Just like you would in real life you would understand how zombies react, become good at dealing with them, and the main threat would be dealing with intelligent survivors. Same with houses. What is one of the first things you would do in that situation? For me it would be to build a house (or take one over) to store my gear.

If you like that authentic/realistic experience you should try the Project Zomboid demo on Steam. Fantastic/deep game. And, even though you can set up and build houses, once you die you COMPLETELY restart over.

I actually love the game. It's in Alpha, but I suggest checking out the demo if you like super realistic zombie type games. Super deep. You start off basic, but need to go looting, store up water (the power and water turn off after two weeks), eventually you can build houses, fortify your house, plant crops, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I want to try Epoch's modular base system.
Shiny and I tried it for a while. It was okay. My biggest issue was when you would sell items it went through this dumb animation that took forever to do it. And it was super easy to get vehicles.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either-or I did a poor job of conveying my thoughts or you misunderstood. I actually like the way Hall is going. I like having your own "base" you have to defend so on and so forth but I felt like the game moved from a survival game to more of a straight shooter.

I feel like as time went on the emphasis on the Zombies dissipated and it became about hunting other people while just dodging Zombies. Finding guns, ammo, cars and helicopters so easy took away from what drew me in originally. I'll never forget when Wally and I finally after hours and hours of playing found that truck. Now I can find 6 helicopters on a mountain.

Sure my experience has been limited of late but I think I'm going to love the stand alone but the mod has lost its luster. No to mention any time i played someone hacking the server didn't do anything to help the situation.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah once you play long enough zombies are just an annoyance and other survivors are always a bigger threat.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think the zombie totals/difficulty needs to be increased, but as bantx said once you begin to understand the zombies it makes much more sense that the real threat would become fellow survivors. Zombies, presumably, act in a very similar way and are fairly dumb. They can and should be a threat, but one of the biggest challenges and signs of skill is whether or not you can deal with zombies AND deal with players at the same time. Zombies become a huge threat when you're trying to kill someone or they are trying to kill you.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat Portal and my CPU & Mobo should arrive tomorrow so I can start my build :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Buy my ****!

Batman: Arkham Origins - $30
AC4: Black Flag & Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $50
Package Deal - $70
and bump, i will accept trades

idk if the prices are too high or if there is simply no interest

Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to build a desk before i start saving for my build. Unfortunately, my monitor can't be mounted (too nice to scrap), but what other desk features do you guys like?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I really like my desk I got from ikea for 40 bucks, it's really roomy I'm able to fit 2 27 inch monitors on my table with 2 pretty big m audio speakers on my desk.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, right now my main option seems to be modifying an Ikea concoction.

I really liked my current setup for awhile, but it's falling apart and i have zero mouse mobility. I'm unsure how i was at the top of done games with the mouse setup i had.

Last edited by nepg : 12-05-2013 at 10:52 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a flat table that I got for $40 from Office Max. This is all you need.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

My goal at some point when I get a house is to have a really nice/big corner desk. My brother has one and it is pretty sweet.

I NEED MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

shiesty UPS was supposed to deliver my mobo on Friday and apparently they don't deliver on Saturdays so now I wait until Monday :(

Old 12-08-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
shiesty UPS was supposed to deliver my mobo on Friday and apparently they don't deliver on Saturdays so now I wait until Monday :(
Yeah, I'm not sure when that started. I was expecting my new pair of shoes yesterday and they didn't come. **** UPS.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I've been having a lot of fun with Project Zomboid. Just so damn intense. I had been alive for one week in the game (longest I've lived yet) and a zombie scratched me so I thought I was screwed. Several days passed and I thought I was in the clear. Then I starting getting pain, queasy, and a bad fever. Thought I was done but I SOMEHOW managed to make it through the night and survive.

Think I'm going to try and reinforce my house, and I will then work on finding some farming materials to start a little garden.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Looks cool, but I don't think I want to pay $15 to test their alpha game.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Looks cool, but I don't think I want to pay $15 to test their alpha game.
That's fine. I always like to get it cheaper and then let them add to it. And, honestly, this to me isn't a "real" alpha. It's pretty developed.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's fine. I always like to get it cheaper and then let them add to it. And, honestly, this to me isn't a "real" alpha. It's pretty developed.
Except the full game will end up costing the same price or less.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Have they said that? I was under the impression it was on the Minecraft business model. Buy it cheapest in alpha, price boost in beta, price boost for release.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Project Zomboid has already gone up since they started. It was like $5 or $10 early on and they just recently up'd it. They said they will up it against closer to release time.

Fun game but once you master long-term surviving it's pretty bleh. My runs at the end were always the same.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ah, I haven't gotten that far. You may be right. I think the additions of NPCs and multiplayer would make it amazing though.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Have they said that? I was under the impression it was on the Minecraft business model. Buy it cheapest in alpha, price boost in beta, price boost for release.
It'll be on a Steam sale for mega cheap at some point and then I'll grab it. The multiplayer is what's attractive about it, but it's not integrated yet.