Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'll be on a Steam sale for mega cheap at some point and then I'll grab it. The multiplayer is what's attractive about it, but it's not integrated yet.
It will be on sale, but probably in a manner similar to Prison Architect (few bucks off). I think because it is early access they do not give as steep discounts.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Prison Architect is way over-priced at $30. $15 is the max I'll pay for games like this (it's rare that I pay more than that for any game).
Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have a dilemma, I want to upgrade a few things in my rig and the only thing currently that isn't getting upgraded is my CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and SSD. I left out my current PSU because I'm thinking about going modular so when I sleeve my cables it'd be an easier task. So it's a toss up right now, with a lot of the swaps I'd be doing it'd make sense to just upgrade everything, but the 4770k compared to my current 3770k isn't much of an upgrade. So as much as I want to upgrade my motherboard I can't see myself upgrading a cpu that doesn't perform that much better than my current one.

So,

GTX 780
Bigger Case
And for my personal atheistic reasons uv green sleeving for my psu and a black light is the current upgrades so far, they need to push out a new processor so I have an excuse to upgrade lol.

So if anyone is looking to start a build and would like to start out cheap with some of my parts let me know I'll part ways with them for cheap :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hate hate hate hate hate, i wonder if i could have called on thursday and picked it up

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a real busy season for UPS. My roommate actually works for UPS. His truck got stuck in snow for 2 hours yesterday.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
So I have a dilemma, I want to upgrade a few things in my rig and the only thing currently that isn't getting upgraded is my CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and SSD. I left out my current PSU because I'm thinking about going modular so when I sleeve my cables it'd be an easier task. So it's a toss up right now, with a lot of the swaps I'd be doing it'd make sense to just upgrade everything, but the 4770k compared to my current 3770k isn't much of an upgrade. So as much as I want to upgrade my motherboard I can't see myself upgrading a cpu that doesn't perform that much better than my current one.

So,

GTX 780
Bigger Case
And for my personal atheistic reasons uv green sleeving for my psu and a black light is the current upgrades so far, they need to push out a new processor so I have an excuse to upgrade lol.

So if anyone is looking to start a build and would like to start out cheap with some of my parts let me know I'll part ways with them for cheap :D
Yeah, zero point going from 3770k to 4770k (10% difference). With the lead Intel has over AMD and with software still trying to catch up to hardware, it'll probably be awhile before it'll be worth it for you to switch... Maybe not even until 6770k (or whatever the **** they call it then)

780 is pretty much the card to go with right now (unless you're dropping $700 on the ti, which I'm not going to do).

My new build is going to be a massive, massive upgrade.

I currently have an E8400 & GTX 260 w/8GB RAM and a 7200RPM HDD.

My new build is:
Fractal Design Define R4 case
i7 4770k w/Nocua DH-U14S HS/F
GTX 780
Samsung Evo 840 (500GB)
16B RAM (haven't quite settled on which sticks)
(undecided on whether I'll grab a new PSU or just use my current one (it's more than capable - overkill for what I have)

Should be super slick and almost zero sound. It'll be fun to see the difference.

Last edited by nepg : 12-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so do i screw the mobo directly into the case or do i use the standoffs?

my money is on the standoffs

Last edited by fenikz : 12-10-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_ser...ter_promo_2013

Go here, now. Fallout 1, 2 and Fallout Tactics for FREE.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/1094...13.50-nba-2k14

also some really good digital download deals going on right now, you can build your own bundle for like 10 bucks for 3 games

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i stole ulfric stormcloak's axe and then took a 8 hour nap next to him

edit: naturally i saved and tried to kill him in his sleep with the axe, it wouldn't let me but once i stopped killing him he gave me elven armor

Last edited by fenikz : 12-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys... Win a Steam machine!!!

http://woobox.com/9o3cme/55q321?r=ufp__6nBThmXWL

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Steam holiday sale is way better than the Autumn sale a few weeks ago.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't believe they're already having another sale. haven't noticed any significant price differences so far, though.
I'm seeing items that aren't "on sale" yet that are the price of the sale price from Autumn. The Autumn one is just a tease.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Bioshock 1/2/Infinite as a Christmas Gift from a friend, and then he bought Dishonored for another friend of ours who literally JUST bought it for himself, so he gave me that too, haha. I made out like a bandit today.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know if Recettear is worth getting?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Anyone know if Recettear is worth getting?
It'll probably go back on sale, but play the demo. It's a really interesting game. I've only played the demo (thought I bought the game when it came out, but apparently, I did not). I'd buy it for $5 if it goes on sale again.

I picked up Bioshock 2 to complete the collection incase I want to torture myself for a week or two...

I also picked up CS:GO for $3.75, which I'm finding was a mistake. I've just been playing a ton of CSS, so I figured I'd make the jump. The controls are ****, and it's totally CoD/BF'd out in its design... In the 2 hours I played last night, there was rampant hacking as well (like blatant wall-hacking). Isn't centralizing everything supposed to make the game more secure?

Last edited by nepg : 12-20-2013 at 08:05 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'll probably go back on sale, but play the demo. It's a really interesting game. I've only played the demo (thought I bought the game when it came out, but apparently, I did not). I'd buy it for $5 if it goes on sale again.

I picked up Bioshock 2 to complete the collection incase I want to torture myself for a week or two...

I also picked up CS:GO for $3.75, which I'm finding was a mistake. I've just been playing a ton of CSS, so I figured I'd make the jump. The controls are ****, and it's totally CoD/BF'd out in its design... In the 2 hours I played last night, there was rampant hacking as well (like blatant wall-hacking). Isn't centralizing everything supposed to make the game more secure?
I have not seen a lot of hacking. And I've played WAAAAYYY too many hours on this game. But I also play pretty much only competitive. I never play classic casual that's for sure.

If you saw hacking, it's probably because of the sale. Hackers love to burn cheap game keys on a few hours of cheap thrills.

In 500+ hours I think I've seen about 2 players I was positive were hacking in competitive.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

For kicks and giggles, I tried putting together a PC on Newegg for with the specs of the Mac Pro. I struggled finding a 12-core processor and 64GB of RAM, but all told, I was able to put something together that resembles the high end model ($9599) for about $3500.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

but it's not in a pretty case made out of metal. or something. oh, wait. everything doesn't just work on it? ****. i forget what i'm paying for, here.

to be fair, i think some of the boutique pc makers do the same thing, though i guess folks like falcon are selling some of the services more than components.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
For kicks and giggles, I tried putting together a PC on Newegg for with the specs of the Mac Pro. I struggled finding a 12-core processor and 64GB of RAM, but all told, I was able to put something together that resembles the high end model ($9599) for about $3500.
But does it look like a blender? Totally worth the 6k extra to look like a blender.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I have not seen a lot of hacking. And I've played WAAAAYYY too many hours on this game. But I also play pretty much only competitive. I never play classic casual that's for sure.

If you saw hacking, it's probably because of the sale. Hackers love to burn cheap game keys on a few hours of cheap thrills.

In 500+ hours I think I've seen about 2 players I was positive were hacking in competitive.
It feels like a Hammerpoint dupe of CoD with Counter-Strike slapped on the label.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Looks like a fleshlight.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I got my case, i7, and mobo today. I'll likely pickup enough of the rest of it to start building in a couple weeks. I'm kind of waiting until then to pick up the DayZ standalone as well. I can run it on my current machine, but the ARMA engine is such a CPU hog that it's not that fun.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have Just Cause 2? If so, the multiplayer mod that just recently came out for it is insaaane. 1000s of people on each server haha.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Anyone have Just Cause 2? If so, the multiplayer mod that just recently came out for it is insaaane. 1000s of people on each server haha.
I have it.