Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been playing FF14 this weekend. It's a really polished game.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok getting to be that time and i haven't kept up with whats what in computers and need to build a new one.

Here is the core of what I want

I7 4930 but will build one with a 4920
760-770ish video card
Memory
Power supply
Motherboard

I have a budget around 1.7k and I have 2 no's as of brands crucial and asus I have been burned by them in the past and don't wanna give them any of my money but all other brands are ok. I do prefer that video card and motherboard are the same brand always have had less issues and crashes when I have.

I need around 120-240 gb SS hard drive for OS and core games I play but have a 1TB hard drive for everything else, I have a DVD player and tower which is a full size atx. Also have a fresh windows 8 ready to go
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My system ran me just under $1500.

i7 4770k
GTX 780
Samsung Evo 500GB SSD
16GB 2400 G.Skill Ares
Asus Z87-A
Fractal Design Define R4

I didn't need a PSU, but I'd recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817207016
It's a Top Tier PSU and probably the best for the money.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Papers, Please in an incredibly fun game. That is all.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Papers, Please in an incredibly fun game. That is all.
I like it too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AS YOU SHOULD, COMRADE! ALL GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!

Cause no trouble.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The shooting is surprisingly enjoyable. Brings me back to hunting in Oregon Trail.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

This is why DayZ, to me, will always be one of the greatest games ever: storytelling. You get to create amazing stories through the craziness of DayZ.

I spawned in the coast, met two complete strangers randomly and we all decided to work together and head to Elektro. We had two more guys join us. One of them we eventually lost along the way. We all ran the great distance to Elektro and were all starving to death and on the brink of death when we ran into the guy we lost along the way. He screamed, "Hey! Are you the guys I was with early?" We replied yes, and said we were all on the verge of starving to death. He dropped down food for us all, managing to keep us from dying. Unfortunately, one of us had been knocked unconscious from hunger. We were all distraught and ran to the hospital, telling him to hold on. Nothing. At this point we were in Cherno and we went to the other hospital, but got split up. As a stroke of like I found a defibrillator and ran back excited to my old friend. I was shocked to see he had passed away by the time I returned. Not knowing what to do, I waited for my other friends to return, only to pass out and eventually die myself in the same spot as our buddy.

Right in the feels man. This game, even as basic as it is, just has so much craziness that makes it amazing. Things like this only have ever happened to me in DayZ. I can't even fathom what it will be like with vehicles, cooking, farming, hunting, basebuilding, and RPG skill elements in it.

And this was all without any PvP experience, which for me, DayZ offers the most intense/rewarding PvP system I've ever experienced (this include even DAoC at it's peak).
Old 02-12-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-24009422-L0D

So, thinking about getting this monitor as a second monitor. I've been debating it for a while and this one is pretty inexpensive and has some superb reviews. Mind you, I've already got a really really nice Samsung monitor for gaming and this one would be primarily for multi-tasking, web browsing, etc.

Thoughts? I'm always nervous about monitors, but this one got some absurd reviews and supposedly has amazing color/brightness/no ghosting/good viewing angles/etc.

Also got a $50 gift card I'm hoping to be able to use on it which would drop the price quite a bit too.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I only mess with Samsung or Asus monitors. I'd be willing to give BenQ a shot, but anything other brand is sketchy.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So, thinking about getting this monitor as a second monitor. I've been debating it for a while and this one is pretty inexpensive and has some superb reviews. Mind you, I've already got a really really nice Samsung monitor for gaming and this one would be primarily for multi-tasking, web browsing, etc.

Thoughts? I'm always nervous about monitors, but this one got some absurd reviews and supposedly has amazing color/brightness/no ghosting/good viewing angles/etc.

Also got a $50 gift card I'm hoping to be able to use on it which would drop the price quite a bit too.
I've had an Acer monitor for something like 7 years and it works great to this day.

Here's how old it is. It has a "Certified for Windows Vista" sticker on it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ive been looking at that exact same one for the same purpose what is your first monitor dude
Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I've had an Acer monitor for something like 7 years and it works great to this day.

Here's how old it is. It has a "Certified for Windows Vista" sticker on it.
Haha, LCD? Good to know. I'm very picky about my monitors and hesitant when I don't get to see them in person. My last one I saw in-store and then found a good deal online later for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I only mess with Samsung or Asus monitors. I'd be willing to give BenQ a shot, but anything other brand is sketchy.
Yeah, that's why I am slightly hesitant, but I've heard of Acer for a long time and I've never heard anything bad about them. I actually use to have a CRT monitor from them for a long time that worked great. Plus it's not really going to be a by "gaming" monitor so I honestly am not too concerned about that.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
Ive been looking at that exact same one for the same purpose what is your first monitor dude
I've have a Samsung P2350. Don't make them anymore but it's lasted me a long time and has been a great gaming monitor.

I converted my gift card (was one of those Visa ones) into a Newegg gift card so I am planning to buy this one at the moment. I think a second monitor would benefit me A LOT because I like to watch movies/play games/etc and often wish I could multi-task and work on school work as well
Old 02-13-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a beta key for Elder Scrolls online. But good god the thing is taking all day to download. grrrrrrrrrr
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I wouldn't bother. The game is god awful.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been hearing that, but I still want to check it out. I have nothing to play at this time and its driving me crazy.

If things dont change soon, I fear I may hit a low point and reactivate my wow account....*shutters*
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard the latest installment fixed a few of the major issues.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you Titanfall streamers, damn you. I want to be in your game so bad.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you that are city builder fans... Banished looks incredible.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/...snr=1_5_9__400

All designed and developed by ONE GUY. Artwork, sound, everything. $20 and from the streamers I've watched it is balanced better than SimCity and pretty hard on the higher difficulties. Watching someone's population go from 300-400 down to 50 due to starvation is pretty brutal. Out in 5 more days.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
For those of you that are city builder fans... Banished looks incredible.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/...snr=1_5_9__400

All designed and developed by ONE GUY. Artwork, sound, everything. $20 and from the streamers I've watched it is balanced better than SimCity and pretty hard on the higher difficulties. Watching someone's population go from 300-400 down to 50 due to starvation is pretty brutal. Out in 5 more days.
Is it an Early Access or an actual release? Looks fun.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Official release is in five days. Been following the development oh the game for a little while on the guy's site/blog (http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com. There's some real interesting stuff on there) and I'm super excited.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks cool, right down my alley of games!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Official release is in five days. Been following the development oh the game for a little while on the guy's site/blog (http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com. There's some real interesting stuff on there) and I'm super excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That looks cool, right down my alley of games!
As Job said. Official release. $20 to a single developer who pretty much did everything I wanted from a city-builder? Yes please. Zero DRM? Absolutely. Full mod-support?

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds awesome I will definitely be getting that on release day

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote