Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool beans. I'll use this to help build a computer and then I'll steal all your **** in Day Z in like 3 months.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My computer runs DayZ completely fine and was built years ago. Actually I really haven't found a game I couldn't play on decent settings.

You can do this for cheap WMD, especially if you're ok 'gaining' the OS instead of buying it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
You can do this for cheap WMD, especially if you're ok 'gaining' the OS instead of buying it.
Don't you work for the government? Are you trying to get me killed???
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a contractor! For the last time!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you have access to a Microcenter? You can get a ridiculous value on the CPU & Motherboard - and possibly Memory there.

Basically, the best budget value CPU and GPU are the i3 4130 (~$115) and the GTX 750 TI (~$145).

Last edited by nepg : 04-21-2014 at 10:17 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I am a contractor! For the last time!
same difference.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys...i'm still playing D3. It's the ultimate 'unwind after work' game IMO. drop in for fifteen, twenty minutes for a rift or collecting some bounties, maybe turn up an upgrade or at least some materials to craft one up. much fun. cruising through Torment II on my DH though if I were really smart I'd probably drop back down to I, taking a bit longer than I'd like on some elite packs.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it's being made for the PS4 as some "ultimate evil edition" and it is supposed to be the best edition to play D3 on. I really hated the game when it came out but have heard it has gotten better especially since ROS.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I need to get back into D3, after losing a high level hardcore I lost interest for a while.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
I guess it's being made for the PS4 as some "ultimate evil edition" and it is supposed to be the best edition to play D3 on. I really hated the game when it came out but have heard it has gotten better especially since ROS.
ROS is a real delight at least for a semi-casual like me. Replayability up the wazoo and gasp, legendaries actually drop and are always useful for either upgrades or crafting.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I need to get back into D3, after losing a high level hardcore I lost interest for a while.
Damix we need to do it! I have been dying to partner up with someone or a few guys and run hardcore.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvel Heroes > D3!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Damix we need to do it! I have been dying to partner up with someone or a few guys and run hardcore.
I'll have to play my other character a bit before to get used to it again, but I'd be down for a hardcore run after.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll have to play my other character a bit before to get used to it again, but I'd be down for a hardcore run after.
I would be up for a standard run though on Expert or Master.

I have only beaten the game with my Demon Hunter and Crusader. I look forward to Witch Doctor or Monk so if you want start a fresh play through lets do it!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I only have a witch doctor and barbarian, so I'll start fresh. Let me install the game when I get home. Probably can get Darrett to play if I can pull him away from ESO
Old 04-22-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For WMD like someone said earlier if you can find a microcenter nearby they have the cheapest cpu you can find and they do motherboard bundles

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...oxed_processor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...MD_Motherboard

bundled together for about 229.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127782

for light gaming this should do everything you want for a decent price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

8 gigs of ram 74.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339

1tb hd 59.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817438014

corsair power supply ftw 64.99 for a 600w

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139018

corsair also makes some of the best computer cases, but is really up to you not a big deal on what case you choose.

totals about 570 and you have some extra money for a nice monitor

http://www.amazon.com/VN247H-P-24-In...201932&sr=1-18

169.99 for a 24 inch ASUS monitor

Totaled at about 740 within your budget i think you had at 800

For my first build I used reference videos off of youtube as a visual guide this guy was always the one I went to

Last edited by bantx : 04-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I would be up for a standard run though on Expert or Master.

I have only beaten the game with my Demon Hunter and Crusader. I look forward to Witch Doctor or Monk so if you want start a fresh play through lets do it!
If you guys aren't doing hardcore, i can jump in at various points -- think i have a 39 barb and a 9 crusader. plus 70 DH that has obviously been the vast majority of my time.

Harlequin#1571 ...I have no other D3 friends. well, 2 guys from college but they don't log on very much. :(
Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Thanks banty boy. The only Micro Center in Michigan is 1 hour away from me.. is it worth the drive?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Thanks banty boy. The only Micro Center in Michigan is 1 hour away from me.. is it worth the drive?
I would say it is. The price difference compared to anywhere else for the CPU & Motherboard is pretty huge and they usually give a discount on Memory, too so that might also be a better deal there. Most everything else is fairly competitively priced (and sometimes better) compared to online retailers, so you might end up with a good chunk of your system from there. I'd make a daytrip out of it.

I'd get the i5 4670k and the GTX 750 TI over the CPU and GPU bantx listed. Almost no price difference for better parts. Also, the PSU he linked is an EVGA (guessing mistake since he said Corsair). Only trust Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and Corsair.

This is a really good list of PSUs. For this system, you don't need more than 500w.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely worth the drive, i drove about an hour to my microcenter also. Placed the order online and had same day pickup and they usually have price match for newegg so everything you want on there they might match and save on some shipping.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This D3 talk makes me want to fire up D2 again, I was so disappointed in D3 I never even finished it and feel like I lost nothing as a result. Don't even think I went past act 2 to be honest.

What have they changed to actually make it better?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
This D3 talk makes me want to fire up D2 again, I was so disappointed in D3 I never even finished it and feel like I lost nothing as a result. Don't even think I went past act 2 to be honest.

What have they changed to actually make it better?
They added some really cool stuff to the gameplay and loot system. No more auction and no more insanely low loot drops.

I have trouble getting into it moreso because of the character building and the Disney's Diablo look/feel.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bear Simulator fully funded. Mission accomplished people.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Bear Simulator fully funded. Mission accomplished people.
Goat simulator did great... quick everyone ******* copy it with a million different animals!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, unlike Goat Simulator, it appears this one is actually going to be a serious simulator of bear life. I find it to be quite humorous.