Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So for those who actually got into the Beta... What are your thoughts early on.
I like it so far. Storyline is pretty good. Server lag is terrible.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Server lag is to be expected since it's kind of a big stress test, but I really hope you guys enjoy it! I've been playing it for a while now (I used my friends beta) and I love it.

The game really starts at level 10 once you get to pick your advanced class.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Server lag is to be expected since it's kind of a big stress test, but I really hope you guys enjoy it! I've been playing it for a while now (I used my friends beta) and I love it.

The game really starts at level 10 once you get to pick your advanced class.
Thats what Im assuming with lag so it all in all hasnt bothered me much. I have been slowly leveling trying to enjoy the game and so far I am. I am an Imperial agent and am very much enjoying being a bad guy. bwuahahhaa
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think I'd like the Imperial Agent, but the story is really good so I'm considering playing one at launch now.

They had a high level server a while ago, to test some end game stuff, and one of my pre-loaded characters was an IA.. the medic/dps type. He was a ton of fun.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah, I got into another beta as well but I'm guessing it's not for another week or something.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha yeah, I got into another beta as well but I'm guessing it's not for another week or something.
I got into that one as well...so did cain and my brother...shame I will be working for the majority of that weekend.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in queue position 1516.....what the ****? I get to wait for 1500 people to get kicked for inactivity before I can play.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm in queue position 1516.....what the ****? I get to wait for 1500 people to get kicked for inactivity before I can play.
Maybe try a different server?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went out drinking, saw a movie last night, and now just got off work this morning. The servers are all full except for two. I think they are slowly adding PvP and PvE servers in pairs, but there's about 23 of them full on my screen and this one is orange as opposed to red.

I'm actually scared to lose my place because after a half hour I'm sitting at 1100.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I went out drinking, saw a movie last night, and now just got off work this morning. The servers are all full except for two. I think they are slowly adding PvP and PvE servers in pairs, but there's about 23 of them full on my screen and this one is orange as opposed to red.

I'm actually scared to lose my place because after a half hour I'm sitting at 1100.
Im going to log in real quick and see what mine say....

I was able to get right in on Sith Observation.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Im going to log in real quick and see what mine say....

I was able to get right in on Sith Observation.
Ok, leaving my queue then. I've been scared to leave. Thank you.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sw:tor looks like it came out in 2005
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

looks like I had messed up. It auto took me to the servers. I had to create a character. I just created one, and then typed in name "Clint Eastwood". Rejected for invalid something.

"Clint Jackson"-my actual name, again rejected
**** it, I'll just go with "Clint"-rejected and launcher shut down.

Now everytime I open the client the play button isn't available...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
looks like I had messed up. It auto took me to the servers. I had to create a character. I just created one, and then typed in name "Clint Eastwood". Rejected for invalid something.

"Clint Jackson"-my actual name, again rejected
**** it, I'll just go with "Clint"-rejected and launcher shut down.

Now everytime I open the client the play button isn't available...
server has gone down for lite maintenance...could have something to do with that.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys... My year and a half old keyboard is starting to **** the bed so being the proactive gamer that I am, I am on the market.

These are a few I have thoughts on and what I like about them:

The Razer Anasi
http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.220723800
I love the fact that this keyboard is built for MMOs. The 7 quick access thumb macros are amazing and should come in handy for the eventual hours and hours of TOR play. I know Its more of a cool feature but I love that it is multicolor lighting. (The blue on most Razer products is awesome but what If I want red?)

The Black widow Ultimate
http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.211651300
I mean this is the king of Razer keyboards. The likelihood of this guy breaking should and I repeat should be less. The biggest reason I want this on that isn't on the other... Mechanical Keys!

What do you guys think... and any other suggestions are appreciated too.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deal.woot.com has a razer for cheap
Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go with the Black Widow myself. It looks like Anasi has buttons under the space bar exactly where I like to set my wrist down most of the time.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda have my wrists on an angle. So it would be in the perfect area for thumb clicks. For me that is.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I can't rave enough about Razer products. I'd go with that. Also check out the headphones if you're ever in the market for one.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I can't rave enough about Razer products. I'd go with that. Also check out the headphones if you're ever in the market for one.
Any thoughts on the ones above... I currently have they Lycosa but its crapping out on me.

As for headphones I have the Plantronics 777s which are insanely nice too.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

A friend of mine has the Anansi and he loves it. I like the look of the Black Widow Ultimate.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I got the Black Widow on lunch.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Its going to take a bit to get used to typing on this but it is soooo sexy!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a new keyboard, but I really don't need one :|. I have a G15, but don't use any of the features...

I do need a new mouse, though. After 4 years of intense usage, my Razer Copperhead has become very sensitive with the left clicking. Sometimes automatically double-clicks or clicks twice. Makes me sad.

Anyone know off-hand what the "Copperhead" model is called nowadays? I'd pretty much just want that. Best mouse ever.

Last edited by nepg : 11-18-2011 at 05:53 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like the Razer Mamba, which I believe is just a different take on the Copperhead. The Naga Elite looks too bulky for me.