Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play dota

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I play dota
I highly recommend you try out League of Legends if you haven't. It's a free game that allows you to earn points to purchase more champions. If you play dota I'm sure your transition to LOL would be very smooth.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play LoL every day. Quite good, too. I routinely carry my team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Does anyone still play League of Legends?
Everybody who is still a worthwhile human being still plays.

My sn is Artie Bucco is anyone wants my prodigious skills on their side.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Everybody who is still a worthwhile human being still plays.

My sn is Artie Bucco is anyone wants my prodigious skills on their side.
I think it would be cool if there were enough guys here who play the game that we could start a LOL thread to talk about strategies, etc.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never played LoL but I might be interested.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

BTW, my SN is Acts217

I rock Twisted Treeline as Singed, probably winning about 75% of my games there, carrying as much as a tank can carry.

I'm still trying to find my niche on Summoners Rift for PVP. I like AD ranged and jungling with Lee Sin/Master Yi. I am also working on my ability to play AP mid with a couple different champs--Ryze, Cass and surprisingly Annie.

Yi is just too squishy to play in the lanes effectively though so that's kind of worthless.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think LoL is terrible unless you're playing with friends on Skype. I just can't play with people who all want to do their own thing and think they can solo the entire world.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I think LoL is terrible unless you're playing with friends on Skype. I just can't play with people who all want to do their own thing and think they can solo the entire world.
This is huge when playing LoL. I generally play with my brother (who is a pretty good player) and Skype makes all the difference in the world.

I also get frustrated when you deal with 12 y/o kids who call out "noob" and berate players--whether on their team or not--for every minor thing. Then they go and put up a 1/8/3 line. "But it was because my team was noob"

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People say that all over DoTA/DoTA2/HoN too. You can never escape that kind of crap on an online game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, my SN is Acts217

I rock Twisted Treeline as Singed, probably winning about 75% of my games there, carrying as much as a tank can carry.

I'm still trying to find my niche on Summoners Rift for PVP. I like AD ranged and jungling with Lee Sin/Master Yi. I am also working on my ability to play AP mid with a couple different champs--Ryze, Cass and surprisingly Annie.

Yi is just too squishy to play in the lanes effectively though so that's kind of worthless.
I only play summoners rift, so I can help you with certain parts of the meta-game or what champs are more viable, but I'm honestly not that great. I can do really amazing one game and **** up the next. Ranked games are really annoying unless you have at least one guy on skype.

My best champ is Corki which shocks so many people but I just work well with him.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is huge when playing LoL. I generally play with my brother (who is a pretty good player) and Skype makes all the difference in the world.

I also get frustrated when you deal with 12 y/o kids who call out "noob" and berate players--whether on their team or not--for every minor thing. Then they go and put up a 1/8/3 line. "But it was because my team was noob"
When people refuse to admit they're the problem and continuously blame either their support or the jungler for their failures really annoy me. That and when people don't play my main well (Anivia).

My SN is Nacpirate if anyone ever wants to play a game.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I highly recommend you try out League of Legends if you haven't. It's a free game that allows you to earn points to purchase more champions. If you play dota I'm sure your transition to LOL would be very smooth.
I dont like the premise. I heard of LoL, dont feel like purchasing heroes.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked DoTA and HoN a lot. I got into the DoTA2 beta but I haven't played it yet.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dont like the premise. I heard of LoL, dont feel like purchasing heroes.
Other games with this type of model suck but I feel like LOL does it right. You are able to buy anything functional you want in the game with points you earn by playing. The only stuff you cant get are boosts for gaining xp per win and skins that make your champs look funny. I have spent maybe 20 bucks on the game and I just did that as a means of support because I appreciate how much I have been given for free.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Other games with this type of model suck but I feel like LOL does it right. You are able to buy anything functional you want in the game with points you earn by playing. The only stuff you cant get are boosts for gaining xp per win and skins that make your champs look funny. I have spent maybe 20 bucks on the game and I just did that as a means of support because I appreciate how much I have been given for free.
I dont see what i get that is better than dota :p

Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dont see what i get that is better than dota :p
You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel like LOL is the next step in the development of the game type. Stats and items are constantly rebalanced, new champions, different types of stats that improve gameplay (spell vamp, armor pen, spell pen, etc), the addition of the summoner concept so that something(runes, masteries) can carry over from game to game, and overall the mechanics/controls feel much more fluid than Dota.

I havent tried DOTA 2, but as far as a comparison between DOTA and LOL, I feel like LOL is vastly superior.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hope LOL is superior, it's a stand alone game that came out years after the game DOTA was modded for.

I never cared for either personally. I'd rather play a true RTS.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took a break from LoL when SWTOR came out. Then ME3 came out, then EQ1 went free... So I haven't played LoL in a very long time. Never played HoN, but from what I've heard, LoL is better. I've heard decent things about DotA2, but I'm not sure that I'll play it.

I rarely play with randoms. Only time I do that is if I'm trying a new hero and am pretty sure that I'm going to suck it up.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel like LOL is the next step in the development of the game type. Stats and items are constantly rebalanced, new champions, different types of stats that improve gameplay (spell vamp, armor pen, spell pen, etc), the addition of the summoner concept so that something(runes, masteries) can carry over from game to game, and overall the mechanics/controls feel much more fluid than Dota.

I havent tried DOTA 2, but as far as a comparison between DOTA and LOL, I feel like LOL is vastly superior.
Dota is updated every other month. We get new heroes. They are so incredibly different it isnt even funny.

Have yo played Dota? just wondering

Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam I am still too poor to play TOR and don't have great wifi yet :(
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dam I am still too poor to play TOR and don't have great wifi yet :(
Level to cap and then just cancel your sub.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dota is updated every other month. We get new heroes. They are so incredibly different it isnt even funny.

Have yo played Dota? just wondering
Yea I played Dota for years, at times daily. However, once I started LOL I just couldn't go back. I tried a few times, but it just felt clunky and awkward by comparison. Im still kinda interested in Dota 2, but I am very content with LOL for now.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the Dota2 beta religiously for about a week and could never really get the hang of it. The only characters I could win on consistently enough were Drow and Sniper and thats cuz AD characters just seem to have huge advantage in Dota at the moment.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
I played the Dota2 beta religiously for about a week and could never really get the hang of it. The only characters I could win on consistently enough were Drow and Sniper and thats cuz AD characters just seem to have huge advantage in Dota at the moment.
One of the things about LOL that makes it so popular is that it is easier to get the hang of for a new player than DOTA.