Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Guild Wars 2 on the other hand is my ****. So excited for that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try the beta out myself before I judge it. I have to. Diablo II consumed half my teenage years. I played a crap load of Diablo as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
half-life. all of them. ignore anyone who only played them on console because their opinion is worthless. max payne. original doom.

what kind of games are you into?

yeah, don't disagree. but then, i don't think blizzard's done anything particularly well since wc3.
I will pick up the Half Life's then. Played them previously on a console and thought they were alright. I loved the hell out of Portal 2 on the PC when I played last year. Max Payne I played a loved, same for original Doom. As far as games I like well I love the Civ series, I used to really enjoy playing The Movies. I have played F.E.A.R. and liked it but I guess I am just not in love with FPS games. My computer also won't be able to handle anything too new (Crysis, Witcher 2, stuff like that), I mean it might but not well. I love strategy and games that make me think.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i hated d2, but loved d1. i refuse to buy d3 on the basis of it requiring an always on connection to play. but i'll mess around with the beta and see if it's entertaining.
Hated D2? GTFO.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Hated D2? GTFO.
D1 is where it's at. ******* cow level and **** and a ton of fun ways to hack.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Nothing.... good.... about.... D2....

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd make all of you my bitches on starcraft broodwar I've played with some people on here before so they know! I miss that game, I occasionally play SC2 though.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I will pick up the Half Life's then. Played them previously on a console and thought they were alright. I loved the hell out of Portal 2 on the PC when I played last year. Max Payne I played a loved, same for original Doom. As far as games I like well I love the Civ series, I used to really enjoy playing The Movies. I have played F.E.A.R. and liked it but I guess I am just not in love with FPS games. My computer also won't be able to handle anything too new (Crysis, Witcher 2, stuff like that), I mean it might but not well. I love strategy and games that make me think.
Have you played the Total War series? Turn based like civ, but combat is real time. Total War Shogun 2 is a lot of fun.

I will agree with njx that d2 is terrible. It's bearable with friends.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Have you played the Total War series? Turn based like civ, but combat is real time. Total War Shogun 2 is a lot of fun.

I will agree with njx that d2 is terrible. It's bearable with friends.
I have not but heard great things before so I will check them out.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been contemplating Shogun 2 for some time now... I just got paid so I might have to crack soon.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty fun.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything I keep reading about Tera is telling me Im going to have to play it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Everything I keep reading about Tera is telling me Im going to have to play it.
I played the beta for a couple hours. I made a dog priest named Roverstein. It was pretty solid. There's a definite Asian MMO flavor to it, but it's a well put-together game from what I played. I hear it's not grindy like your typical AMMOs, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I might play it and if it starts being a grind around level 25 or so, I'm out.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I couldn't help myself i bought it and i am gonna give it a shot. I am gonna spend the next couple days looking up races and classes before early access opens.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was griefing kids hardcore on the missions where you have to kill a group of mobs. Not all classes have an aoe early on apparently, so I was aoe'ing the group they pulled and tagging the mobs they hadn't hit yet.

Priest seemed pretty good and was kind of the opposite of how you'd expect a healing class to level early on (usually very slow). I would have liked to try archer, lancer, and slayer but I just didn't have time to play the game beyond a couple hours.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Yeah I have had a small interest in the game since it was announced but a Kotaku article today really peaked my interest.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah I have had a small interest in the game since it was announced but a Kotaku article today really peaked my interest.
I might do a wait-and-see with it. It's super promising and definitely different, but I won't hold my breath. D3 and GW2 are coming out soon enough. If Tera survives D3, then I might give it a go.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like a single thing about TERA. I played the beta a month or two ago, and again this weekend. The combat isn't innovative at all and the questing is boring rehashed questing like WoW had. No thank you.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Ill give some thoughts as I play. Hopefully it is polished enough to maintain a following through D3. Especially since D3 is shaping up to be a disappointment for hardcore fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't like a single thing about TERA. I played the beta a month or two ago, and again this weekend. The combat isn't innovative at all and the questing is boring rehashed questing like WoW had. No thank you.
There really aren't any MMOs with original questing. Its all the same go grab this, kill this, deliver this. Its a staple of the genre. Not a good one but its here to stay for the foreseeable future. From what I hear the battle system is a big overhaul from typical MMOs and the Political endgame sounds pretty neat.

Again its just a shot right now as SWTOR has really lacked in content. Not to mention our guild died. Along with no actual release date for GW2 I figured what can hurt besides $50.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 04-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

GW2 has innovation at multiple areas: questing, combat, grouping, server xfers. All TERA did was incorporate the mouse into it and force you to use it. Oh, and you can dodge, but that isn't new.

The political endgame is going to be completely underwhelming unless it's redone. Vanguard tried that aspect of gaming and it failed horribly at the start.

I dunno, I just have other things I'd rather spend $50 on is all.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Meh... Vanguard was also a grindy game that was meant to mimic EQ. Zero pvp and who knows what the pve was like.. I kind of expect Tera to be bad end game because every MMO the last 8 years has had dog **** gor end game.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The only game on the horizon that is doing anything different is GW2. They will get my money. Hell, they already have, as I pre-purchased the game.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Well, yeah, GW2 is a no-brainer. Sounds like it will have more longevity than the first one (not that they're even comparable). TOR is still an open wound, though. **** EA. They've ruined BioWare.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well, yeah, GW2 is a no-brainer. Sounds like it will have more longevity than the first one (not that they're even comparable). TOR is still an open wound, though. **** EA. They've ruined BioWare.
Yeah I had massive hopes for TOR... Not that it wasnt worth the money because I got probably 100+ hours of play in but all in all I am kinda disappointed.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else really excited about Diablo 3? I know there are a couple of huge Diablo fans here, so I'd love to add a few of you guys. I'm not sure if the friends list in the beta will carry over to the retail release, so maybe I should ask again when the game comes out. If anyone wants to share battletags, though, it'd be fun to get some groups together.

SirDigby#1658

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote