Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought it yesterday. It's fun, the always online thing is a complete non-issue, if you want to play single player all the time just don't open your games to the public but Diablo is best played online, as it has been since the first instalment.

As for thoughts... the game itself hasn't changed much at all, you are still just whoring yourself out for loot but I can't say I'm a fan of the oversimplified skill system so far, just feel like it removes a huge amount of the planning and reward of levelling if you get everything given to you. I don't care about the stats at all, those were purely gear related and kind of pointless, but the skills is a big change that so far I don't see a point of outside of making it more noob friendly(something I never like in a game).

Playing a wizard on hardcore if anyone else is going on there, will check my username tonight when I get home.

Only other knock I can have so far is the lag, the game is pretty much always laggy and as a result it makes aiming and kiting difficult because it's hard to tell where everyone actually is on the map.

It's also a weird adjustment not having the map over the top and that bringing up the big map locks movement, just doesn't feel quite like Diablo without that!

That said, I think if you've never played Diablo before I would highly recommend the game, if you have played before I'd still say get it but just don't expect a game that is quite as good as Diablo 2, at least so far anyway. In many ways its like they've gone back to Diablo 1 with the skill system.

PS. This is all with regards to a wizard, other characters may be different.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently a lot of people are getting hacked atm, which is worrisome because the hackers are getting through the authentication system somehow. Uh oh.

edit: On D3, wasn't sure if that was clear.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
uhhh...

further, i hate playing with other people. other people suck in online games. it's a ridiculous farce so blizzard can pretend that it's trying to help morons who don't understand that their single player characters don't transfer to multiplayer while shoving an inane drm system down everyone's throat. i'm sure i'll buy it, but it won't be until someone's figured out how to turn that off.
Pretty much this for me. Everyone I've see play in person has lagged significantly at least once in the 15 minute chunks I've spent watching.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
uhhh...

further, i hate playing with other people. other people suck in online games. it's a ridiculous farce so blizzard can pretend that it's trying to help morons who don't understand that their single player characters don't transfer to multiplayer while shoving an inane drm system down everyone's throat. i'm sure i'll buy it, but it won't be until someone's figured out how to turn that off.
I will make a character with you and we'll listen to Angels and Airwaves and call everyone else mean spirited names. We will also wear glasses that are not prescription.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Pretty much this for me. Everyone I've see play in person has lagged significantly at least once in the 15 minute chunks I've spent watching.
I don't lag at all... Although with my internet speed and computer build I would be pissed if I did. I can stream on my other monitor as well. The only time I experience any lag is when i switch the game from the background to the foreground.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
can we spend the entire time making fun of everyone in the town? i'm sure they all smoke lame cigarettes or something.
Done and done.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Apparently a lot of people are getting hacked atm, which is worrisome because the hackers are getting through the authentication system somehow. Uh oh.

edit: On D3, wasn't sure if that was clear.
That's because you only have to enter the authentication code the first time you login to the game. I haven't had to use my authenticator since I installed the game.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MAN I JUST tried arma 2 free ... ugh

Edit: any of you who have it if u want to school me would be appreciated it, dayz sounds fun but initial impressions on the "free" or "demo" version were meh

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 05-21-2012 at 10:58 PM.
TitansCJftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone with D3 that wants to add me to their friends list my Battletag is BrotherCain#1461
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys ive never really played computer games (more of a console guy) But somebody said something about D3 so I looked at it and may give it a go. But I need to know if my computer will support it. Its actually a laptop, dont know if that matters?

I have a...

Dell Inspiron 1764 (It hasnt had any changes made to it since I bought it so its stock)
windows 7 home premium
-Intel(R) core i5 cpu M 430 @ 2.27GHz
-4.00 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system
-Hard disk size is 456GB
-Intel(R) Graphics media accelerator HD
-total graphics memory 1696MB
-primary monitor resoultion 1366x768
-directX verison 10

thats all I really know.... would I be able to play D3? and how would the graphics be?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Your graphics card or well lack there of is going to be your down fall... If it does run it is going to be choppy and pretty close to unplayable :-/
Old 05-22-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Your graphics card or well lack there of is going to be your down fall... If it does run it is going to be choppy and pretty close to unplayable :-/
Thats the thing I thought that would pose a problem... how much are cards and could you even get one for a laptop like mine?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Thats the thing I thought that would pose a problem... how much are cards and could you even get one for a laptop like mine?
Thats the problem. Its possible albeit not practical nor cost effective. The worst part is it looks from the specs of your laptop that it is relatively new so just upgrading is probably out of the question.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Google canyourunit the website analyzes your computer and let's you know if it can handle the game.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Thats the problem. Its possible albeit not practical nor cost effective. The worst part is it looks from the specs of your laptop that it is relatively new so just upgrading is probably out of the question.
Cant recall the date I bought it but it is likely 2 years old at the most. Thanks guys

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pc parts came in today :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
My pc parts came in today :D
Good luck with the build. I know mine in February was a nerve wracking experience seeing as it was my first build ever. Not to mention it was coupled with a couple small hiccups that scared me shitless but all worked out!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm hoping it goes smooth. This is my 2nd build; my first build had a few problems like buying a re-certified motherboard that was DOA so waited a few weeks to finally get it up and running. I was broke back then so this time around I didn't spare a dime on parts just waiting to go pick up my processor and this should be up and running sometime this week hopefully tomorrow!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
MAN I JUST tried arma 2 free ... ugh

Edit: any of you who have it if u want to school me would be appreciated it, dayz sounds fun but initial impressions on the "free" or "demo" version were meh
Day Z is a community made mod. The only similarities it shared are that it uses the same resources/engine.

Forenci and I spent nearly 2 hours yesterday sneaking around, trying to survive, then he went and got himself eaten by a zombie!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing D3 I can't fathom that most PCs wouldn't be able to handle it, it's not exactly a technical masterpiece or anything, I'd have thought that just about any decent PC from the past 5 years really should be able to handle it?

After checking it, I was correct, my previous build from 2007 would have handled it comfortably.

Played a bit more last night, tried a Demon Hunter out, so much stronger than a wizard up to level 10, like a stupid amount stronger which is surprising given just how pathetic the amazon was in D2 compared to basically anything.

The lag last night was epic though, worst so far and is a genuine issue as someone who pretty much only plays HC!

It's a fun game but I can't see myself playing it much past the end of probably nightmare at the moment. To me it feels like they basically took all the best elements of D2 and removed them, the endgame does not look like it will be worth playing to be honest.

For those who played D2, they've removed the following stuff that, imo, made it great...

- Level Cap at 60... which apparently you will most likely reach by the end of hell. Part of the fun was the epic time sink to get past the level 75 region in the past, now you are maxed out at 60...

- Skill Tree... goes hand in hand with the level cap, at level 60 you have every single skill and you can pick which you want, everything you did for the previous 59 levels is moot and irrelevant, there are no consequences for your choices, there are no "builds". You are all a generic hero at 60 with gear being the only difference.

- No ladder... This one is huge, one of the best parts in D2 was climbing that ladder, epic session where you leveled from 80-85 to get on the ladder. This is even more relevant in HC mode where it used to be a massive deal when someone greyed out, the whole community would get around them to find out what happened.

- No community... The D2 chat channels were great, you could show off your gear with the poses of the heroes, chat to people, get games going with like minded types. Now you basically open your game to the public or hit join public and get thrown in with a bunch of randoms, if you don't already have friends going into the game you basically will be "forever alone".

- No boss runs... You can't just WP to a particular area, you aren't rewarded for killing bosses, so instead you are meant to go hunting the elite mobs for gear. Those CS runs were one of the best gaming experiences, the patience as a barbarian when you heard the IM curse drop, the epic kiting experience on diablo as a Necro after waltzing up to him without even looking like dieing, being able to clear it in under a minute as a Sorc but knowing you could die at any moment if you missed a teleport, the test of whether you were playing with morons or good guys when an XP shrine spawned in the CS.

I just feel like they've ripped the best parts out from everything I have heard/seen. The game will be 100% about gear... and the AH ruins that because if you want to you can just buy the gear anyway, so basically any means of measuring achievement has been removed or severely neutered in the game.

I am sad panda about that. Still, it's a fun game to play, it just doesn't feel like it will have any longevity what so ever without some pretty epic patching.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

PS... Good luck with the build, I'm sure you will have no problems. Really building a computer is easier than most of the LEGO sets they've got out there these days!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Day Z is a community made mod. The only similarities it shared are that it uses the same resources/engine.

Forenci and I spent nearly 2 hours yesterday sneaking around, trying to survive, then he went and got himself eaten by a zombie!
I'll be letting my pc download it while im at work tommorow lemme know your steam names so we can rampage on zombies(ahem stay alive)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
I'll be letting my pc download it while im at work tommorow lemme know your steam names so we can rampage on zombies(ahem stay alive)
I have no idea what my steam name is. I don't play it through Steam any way. We just jump on IRC, coordinate servers and yesterday we had skype voice chat running so we didn't have to type.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to hear Caddy!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I want to hear Caddy!
I don't think you can handle me Bulldogs.