Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally broke down and bought D3, will be starting tonight!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice stuff. I have that same power supply and mobo. You did a pretty damn good job there.

I still need to get a solid state drive. That's something I knew I was going to skimp on from the get-go in order to afford an expensive video card, but that's on my list for sure. I still need to get a new keyboard and mouse too. I'm using some old Dell stuff we just had lying around right now. Logitech's illuminated keyboard would look pretty good on my desk. That's expensive though. I need to lay off buying things for a few weeks haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Looks amazing Bantx... The problem with my case is that there really isnt that much space behind the mobo.

This is my case... I don't even want to post pics of my rig due to the terrible cable management lol.

Zip ties are your best friend even if you can't route them back behind your panel you could just zip tie the wires that are closer together to get them a little more neat thats waht I did on my last build I had a similar case.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW EE we should start two hardcore characters on D3 together!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Nice stuff. I have that same power supply and mobo. You did a pretty damn good job there.

I still need to get a solid state drive. That's something I knew I was going to skimp on from the get-go in order to afford an expensive video card, but that's on my list for sure. I still need to get a new keyboard and mouse too. I'm using some old Dell stuff we just had lying around right now. Logitech's illuminated keyboard would look pretty good on my desk. That's expensive though. I need to lay off buying things for a few weeks haha.
SSDs are so fast if anything just get like a 60gig ssd and just install your OS on there and store all your other media stuff on the bigger hd. That's what I'm currently doing; installed my os in like 5 minutes and it takes like 5 seconds to boot my computer up.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW EE we should start two hardcore characters on D3 together!
That would be cool. I've cooled on D3 lately though. I've been doing a lot of emulation and playing around with some of the Humble Bundle games I purchased. I'll get back to it eventually and we should when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
SSDs are so fast if anything just get like a 60gig ssd and just install your OS on there and store all your other media stuff on the bigger hd. That's what I'm currently doing; installed my os in like 5 minutes and it takes like 5 seconds to boot my computer up.
Yeah, sounds good to me. Micro Center has a 64GB one for $59.00, which I would have nabbed if I knew it was there. I need to cool on hardware for a bit though, so I might just wait until I've got a little bit of cash lying around and go for a 120GB model so I can put a few games on there as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That would be cool. I've cooled on D3 lately though. I've been doing a lot of emulation and playing around with some of the Humble Bundle games I purchased. I'll get back to it eventually and we should when I do.
I think you should just join me tomorrow lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly you fools need to get Day Z.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I was close to buying it, but then I got hooked onto SC2 again lol

Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not going to lie; I'm a console gamer naturally. That's where I'm comfortable at for a variety of reasons....but that Microsoft press conference made me feel a whole ton better about my decision to finally build a gaming PC.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be a console gamer until EQ came out, and I've been a PC/MMO gamer ever since. I own a 360 but I only own like 3-4 games for it, and 2 of them are old copies of Madden from previous years.

I ******* hate FPS games on a console though. I won't play them. PC FPS > console FPS every day of the week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I used to be a console gamer until EQ came out, and I've been a PC/MMO gamer ever since. I own a 360 but I only own like 3-4 games for it, and 2 of them are old copies of Madden from previous years.

I ******* hate FPS games on a console though. I won't play them. PC FPS > console FPS every day of the week.
I am both, honestly. I consider myself rooted in PC gaming but consoles offer me a quick and easy option to game with people in my life who aren't as "hardcore" or into PC gaming as I am.

I certainly prefer shooters on the PC though. It's just so much better and easier to control.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I've never been able to get into any MMO's. Anything where playing with other people is integral to the experience just isn't my thing. 98% of the people I met during my three attempts to make it past level 15 in World of Warcraft were either 12 or acted like it. I've yet to see one with gameplay that appeals either. You kind of ruin the integrity of any kind of narrative when you have to have a bunch of people running around cracking Chuck Norris/meme jokes in order to experience it as well.

I guess it's just not for me. I'm not really much of a social gamer. The most I can do in terms of multiplayer is some light shooters and the occasional co-op type game.

I will certainly agree about shooters on PC though. Keyboard and Mouse(with emphasis on the mouse) is just so much more natural of a control option for those types of games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to hate the always online element of D3... the lag is always horrible and the party mechanism is just awful as well so basically you have to lag to not play with others, which is just so insanely unnecessary to the point of being moronic.

I'm struggling to just push through the game on normal mode because of this, I need to get a feel for the game so I can get back to HC where partying is worth doing and the people you party with are just so much better. I wish more games offered HC, it's just amazing how much better the community is when being a dickhead will destroy you.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Bah. Ebay guy still hasn't shipped my graphics card and it's supposed to be here in two days(still may be, I guess). I also found out he was selling the same product for $20 cheaper on his website(which would have put the Asus card I really wanted within my acceptable price range). ****. Oh well. That's what I get for getting excited. I did so well on the rest of the parts that I suppose I can afford to take a $20 hit, haha.

I wish non-reference 670's weren't so hard to find right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

email him make sure your **** gets here on time! When I order something off ebay I try to keep in touch with the sell via email as much as possible.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

EE are you up for some D3 Hardcore?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
EE are you up for some D3 Hardcore?
I'm actually super busy this weej. I'm working tonight then I have a wake/funeral to go to in the week.Plus I promised my girlfriend that I'll be playing Final Fantasy XII with her when my graphics card arrives...which has shipped. Sorry dude.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went through New Vegas again recently and it was weird - all the quests and events and stuff I thought I remembered being from Fallout 3 were in New Vegas! I'll have to play F3 again as I can't remember a damn thing about it.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere that can tell me what the best processors are? There are too many and I don't know which is which. It's pretty much the only thing that confuses me when it comes to checking out computers dag nabbit.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere that can tell me what the best processors are? There are too many and I don't know which is which. It's pretty much the only thing that confuses me when it comes to checking out computers dag nabbit.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ck,3106-5.html

They have these for a few different parts and you can generally find anything you're looking for at Toms Hardware.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How much are you willing to spend on a processor?

The new Ivy bridge just recently came out a few months ago I picked one up for my new build.

Microcenter.com has the cheapest processor anywhere you can find and they price match newegg if you have one in your area.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Intel i5 has been the sweet spot for gaming performance for a while now, generally.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
How much are you willing to spend on a processor?

The new Ivy bridge just recently came out a few months ago I picked one up for my new build.

Microcenter.com has the cheapest processor anywhere you can find and they price match newegg if you have one in your area.
I'm just trying to figure out which one to get in a new computer, not building my own. I know it's best to build your own but I don't really have the space for that.

I just assume it's most important to get a good processor and worry about the Memory/Hard Drive after that. But maybe not?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Best Intel i5 has been the sweet spot for gaming performance for a while now, generally.
Yeah, hyperthreading really doesn't provide much of a benefit for games from what I've read. With that said, the 3570K is the top i5 out there right now...and it's helping me post this haha.

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out which one to get in a new computer, not building my own. I know it's best to build your own but I don't really have the space for that.

I just assume it's most important to get a good processor and worry about the Memory/Hard Drive after that. But maybe not?
Depends on what you're planning on doing. For gaming, a good graphics card may be more important for you. In general, that's it yeah.

If you don't want to build your own, I would see if you can find someone to do it for you. You really get ripped off a little bit on pre-built computers. Generally, anyway.

This guide might help you a bit with getting a general price range on some of these parts

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-06-2012 at 12:51 AM.