Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I got Wizard to 60, hated it, and rerolled Barbarian. It's so much more enjoyable, and I don't die in a single hit from anything in Inferno a3 either, which is a plus.
I don't know if they've nerfed it yet but you are doing it wrong if your sorceror is dieing in one hit, sure some of the elite modifiers will result in insta death but nearly everything else you shouldn't be killable unless you messed up your build or aren't using the best skills for the hell of it. Second most survivable character after DH spamming survivability skills.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I don't know if they've nerfed it yet but you are doing it wrong if your sorceror is dieing in one hit, sure some of the elite modifiers will result in insta death but nearly everything else you shouldn't be killable unless you messed up your build or aren't using the best skills for the hell of it. Second most survivable character after DH spamming survivability skills.
I have the perfect build for an Inferno Wizard (I've researched it a lot) but it's gear. You can do significantly more with significantly less gear on a Barbarian.

It doesn't help that they nerfed Force Armor recently either. That really hurt some of the Wizard survivability.

edit: Just re-read what you said and it isn't on trash, it's on bosses and elite packs. Belial on Inferno is stupid for Wizards and stupid easy for Barbarians.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone still play League of Legends?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf did they do to dayz i spawn with ******* nothing now? this is bs man, wtf is a bandage a painkiller and a flashlight good for... NOTHING
Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
wtf did they do to dayz i spawn with ******* nothing now? this is bs man, wtf is a bandage a painkiller and a flashlight good for... NOTHING
Lolz. Forenci and I were going to play tonight but the jerk decided to spend the night sexting his gf instead.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Anyone still play League of Legends?
All the time.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
All the time.
You should help me! (I'm not good.)

Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have the perfect build for an Inferno Wizard (I've researched it a lot) but it's gear. You can do significantly more with significantly less gear on a Barbarian.

It doesn't help that they nerfed Force Armor recently either. That really hurt some of the Wizard survivability.

edit: Just re-read what you said and it isn't on trash, it's on bosses and elite packs. Belial on Inferno is stupid for Wizards and stupid easy for Barbarians.
If they nerfed FA then they "fixed it" and what I said no longer applies. Essentially if you had any gear with +life you were built wrong until the nerf (I'm guessing that is what they nerfed).

I haven't played in a couple of weeks due to time constraints but Wizard was the most survivable bar a couple of matchups for the first week at least.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they nerfed FA then they "fixed it" and what I said no longer applies. Essentially if you had any gear with +life you were built wrong until the nerf (I'm guessing that is what they nerfed).

I haven't played in a couple of weeks due to time constraints but Wizard was the most survivable bar a couple of matchups for the first week at least.
Yeah, FA is "fixed" now. It's based on vit. It isn't hard to get vit gear but since the nerf survivability is down a bit. I had like 5k life before the nerf. Now my Wizard is hovering around 30k or something.

Now with my Barbarian, I haven't died to a single elite pack or named. It hasn't even been close. I stacked level 60 blue gear with vit/resist all and I've been destroying stuff. My biggest problem is without the str/vit/res all gear that I need, my damage is super low, but it's hard for anything to come close to killing me. And it's a lot less work. Kiting with Wizard got annoying fast.

edit: And as I bragged about how strong my Barb is I go up against an invuln/arcane/plague/waller. I didn't die but that was some annoying ****.

Last edited by vidae : 06-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I'm also on LoL, that is a pretty big reason why I don't have time for D3 :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm also on LoL, that is a pretty big reason why I don't have time for D3 :)
Is there a friends list thing you can make?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I think so? Some randoms have added me I think at times...

We should play together, I warn you that I'm not great, I'm better than heaps of people but I'm not great!

What heroes you played?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think so? Some randoms have added me I think at times...

We should play together, I warn you that I'm not great, I'm better than heaps of people but I'm not great!

What heroes you played?
I've only played like 10 games in total...

Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Haha I'm probably at about 30 by now :)

I do come from a very long line of RTS games though, so the game mechanics are pretty standard and I really just need to learn the game itself rather than how to play and all that!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, FA is "fixed" now. It's based on vit. It isn't hard to get vit gear but since the nerf survivability is down a bit. I had like 5k life before the nerf. Now my Wizard is hovering around 30k or something.

Now with my Barbarian, I haven't died to a single elite pack or named. It hasn't even been close. I stacked level 60 blue gear with vit/resist all and I've been destroying stuff. My biggest problem is without the str/vit/res all gear that I need, my damage is super low, but it's hard for anything to come close to killing me. And it's a lot less work. Kiting with Wizard got annoying fast.

edit: And as I bragged about how strong my Barb is I go up against an invuln/arcane/plague/waller. I didn't die but that was some annoying ****.
What act are you on? That's how Act 1 was for my barb. Act 2 was way harder due to higher level mobs and needing more res. Act 3 is just a pain in the ass.

I love how one of their design goals was to have all abilities and runes useful. So much fail in that area. They need their class updates asap if I'm going to continue to play this game any.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-20-2012 at 03:21 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha I'm probably at about 30 by now :)

I do come from a very long line of RTS games though, so the game mechanics are pretty standard and I really just need to learn the game itself rather than how to play and all that!
I played DOTA back in the day, been shredding it at the moment in Dominion with Teemo.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Teemo is a prick... I play Miss Fortune and Teemo is an awful matchup for me...

Also hating Darius and Jax and a good Ashe or Gangplank can be annoying but beatable, just needs to become a longer game.

I find that the longer the game the better MF becomes, if I complete my build she is just about godmode.

Fun times!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Teemo is a prick... I play Miss Fortune and Teemo is an awful matchup for me...

Also hating Darius and Jax and a good Ashe or Gangplank can be annoying but beatable, just needs to become a longer game.

I find that the longer the game the better MF becomes, if I complete my build she is just about godmode.

Fun times!
Teemo is funny. I just use him in dominion to chase heroes around and gank them whenever possible.. I do like Miss Fortune as well though.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Yeah Teemo is such a ***** because he is so fast, has slowing attacks, leaves poison on you and is just a strong little ******!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played lol since right before swtor was released. I need to get back on that.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah Teemo is such a ***** because he is so fast, has slowing attacks, leaves poison on you and is just a strong little ******!
Teemo is a ***. I love going up against him as corki because i can outburst him but he is sooo annoying with his mushrooms and his slows.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been that impressed with Teemo. He can be a solid support, but is overrated as a carry. He's squishy and mostly just annoying.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on 2nd thought with my map this new update for dayz is awesome once you get some guns there are tons of dumbass ppl who are waiting to get killed its awesome
Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone played The Secret World? There is an open beta if you sign up before Friday, set for this weekend so I'm gonna give it a whirl.

I joined as 'Illuminati' whatever that means in the context of the game.

Last edited by Caddy : 06-21-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I played it. I wasn't too impressed. I was Illuminati too. The thing that really kind of pissed me off is that in the last beta (I'm in the full beta but I don't play it) if you accepted a quest before you turned an old one in, you lost all progress on the old quest.

The story seems solid, and the ability wheel is cool and new, but the graphics are meh and the controls are clunky. I'm not a fan.