Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still trying to wrap my head around what I've just seen over the past QTR and OT... What the hell Marshall?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure that went in...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a **** call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Houston!!!

edit: TD COUGARS!

Last edited by jayceheathman : 09-10-2010 at 09:52 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Go Houston!!!

edit: TD COUGARS!
This is my first time checking out Case Keenum, does he have a NFL arm?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
This is my first time checking out Case Keenum, does he have a NFL arm?
He has a decent arm. You can make a case that its the spread offense that adds to his numbers. He has 3 completions for 75 yards so far. They aren't throwing too much tonight since UTEP is putting 5-6 guys in the secondary to deal with Keenum and Hays and Beal are dominating them in the running game. The throws he has made in the goal line on this drive have been pretty bad so far though.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 09-10-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have loved to see WVU lose but Marshall's performance makes me feel better about OSU's win last week.

Either that or WVU is terrible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenum isn't going to make it in the pros anymore than Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell did. Undersized, passable college arm but not pro caliber.

And I called it a few pages back with Marshall going into the prevent early. They dominated that game when they were aggressive and went after WVU on offense...then they started dropping everyone into deep zone coverages and WVU roars back with 2 TDs.

I said it there and i'll say it again. The prevent only prevents you from holding the lead.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Keenum isn't going to make it in the pros anymore than Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell did. Undersized, passable college arm but not pro caliber.

And I called it a few pages back with Marshall going into the prevent early. They dominated that game when they were aggressive and went after WVU on offense...then they started dropping everyone into deep zone coverages and WVU roars back with 2 TDs.

I said it there and i'll say it again. The prevent only prevents you from holding the lead.
Keenum has okay size. I think he is like 6'2 220 or so. I think he is a lot similar to Kevin Kolb.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

God I hate that Marshall game, WVU always gets their best shot and we always seem to be so sluggish in it. Plus, I'll never hear the end of it from all my friends that go there when Marshall actually wins one. Can't believe Geno Smith actually pulled it off, I know Marshall is terrible but leading 96 & 98 yard drives to win is still pretty impressive on your second career start.

Awful performance from WVU, in particular the offensive line. One of my friends texted me that he hoped #99 Vinny Curry was a top 5 NFL draft prospect after he got into the backfield every play.

Marshall's coaching staff made some bad decisions at the end. Went into prevent too early as mentioned on here but I still have no idea why they inserted a true freshman running back who is third on depth chart and wasn't even involved in the game to ice it. Just a terrible decision when each of the other backs were running fairly well.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenum seems to sidearm it a bit but the ball still comes out pretty fast, arm strength looks decent.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Poor San Jose State. First week they have to play Alabama and then this week they have to play Wisconsin. Then they play Utah as well as Boise State.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 09-10-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Keenum has okay size. I think he is like 6'2 220 or so. I think he is a lot similar to Kevin Kolb.
ESPN has him listed at 6'2 210, and most college players tend to be listed a little taller than they actually are.

But that isn't the part that concerns me. He has a decent college arm, but when you get to the pros, I don't think he has the "umph" to zip it in when needed. Those hashes get closer to the center of the field so his throws to the sideline will tend to hang longer and with the speed of NFL defenses, the openings on things like slants will close much faster....

He could surprise no doubt, I think Kolb went higher than most people projected him to, but I think Keenum is closer to Brennan and Harrell than to Kolb.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

How do you miss an XP?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Keenum down after the INT return, took a knee to the head?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Keenum down after the INT return, took a knee to the head?
2 bad decisions by Keenum on that play.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be a shame to see his season end already. He could easily make a strong case for the Heisman.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Case Keenum and Brian Cushing were separated at birth.

Bryce Beall has been a beast.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

christ I love Case Keenum.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This WVU game was embarrassing to say the least. The offensive line was god awful. I don't think I can count how many times they were bullied by 3 man fronts. We are going to be manhandled by LSU in Baton Rouge.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I've counted them out. Let's go Marshall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
MISSED IT!!!!!!! MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!

WVU survives with a great comeback!!!!!!!!!
These posts make me happy. I'm so glad we didn't mail this one in. As much as I like Doc Holliday, Marshall's coaching staff did everything they could to lose this. Even the ESPN announcers talked down the Marshall kicked the whole game and he goes out and misses it. Gotta feel for the kid but at the same time, Go 'Eers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously, I dont know how marshall managed to lose that. How do you fumble at that time in the game when you're up by 15 :?: If they only made the fieldgoal there the game wouldve been in the pocket. On top of that the last two drives had some terrible playcalling on defense

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow how the **** did we win. **** hangovers can't believe I'm awake. Hail Geno.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Iowa DC Norm Parker has diabetes and was checked in to the hospital early this morning/late last night. He may or may not have lost another toe. But he's said he doesn't plan on missing the game, and will walk out the hospital to the stadium if he has to (Kinnick is right across the street from the hospital). Man I love Norm.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God for ESPN 360. Joe Tessitore is so bad.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote