Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-08-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1-Detroit (+6.5) at Chicago

Julius Pepper vs. Jeff Backus
Knox vs. secondary

And of course this guy...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+3... I heard earlier this week it was +6.5 (which is outrageous).
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB-This is Jay Cutler's first year in Martz's scheme and I'd go to war with Stafford any day. We'll push.
RB-I believe Jahvid is the best back in this game.
WR/TE-clearly the Lions have better weapons. CJ, Burleson, Scheff, Pett.
OLine-For all the Lion's problems, the Bears have some weak links as well. Push.
DLine-Peppers, Harris vs Suh, KVB, Williams. Harris hasn't been the same player he was early in his career. I'm going to say push but I trust our line more.
LB- Bears, Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisa. This isn't close. Advantage: Bears.
Secondary-Advantage Bears. I'm a huge Bowman fan.
Special Teams-Advantage Bears. We always start inside our 20, while opponents start at midfield. Until I witness it in the regular season then any team in the league will have an advantage over us here.
Wildcard: Team chemistry. What chemistry do the Bears have? Does anyone on the team or city believe in Jay Cutler? Detroit has passion, new found talent, and optimism going for them. By comparison, Chicago seems to be mired in stagnation. Can we play inspired Defense with less talent?

I'd say our best bet would be to find rhythm for our offense early and put some points on the board. I want a shootout. Let's make Jay Cutler rush the game by trying to come from behind. Their defense is talented, but we can put 5 pretty good weapons on the field. Hopefully we'll push our advantages as best we can and their defensive edge won't help them match our scoreboard. Turnover battle is key.

Lions 10 3 7 7 27
Bears 3 7 0 7 17

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
+3... I heard earlier this week it was +6.5 (which is outrageous).
You are right, its 6.5. I think it was at 3 earlier in the week but I'm probably just wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 09-08-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
QB-This is Jay Cutler's first year in Martz's scheme and I'd go to war with Stafford any day. We'll push.
RB-I believe Jahvid is the best back in this game.
WR/TE-clearly the Lions have better weapons. CJ, Burleson, Scheff, Pett.
OLine-For all the Lion's problems, the Bears have some weak links as well. Push.
DLine-Peppers, Harris vs Suh, KVB, Williams. Harris hasn't been the same player he was early in his career. I'm going to say push but I trust our line more.
LB- Bears, Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisa. This isn't close. Advantage: Bears.
Secondary-Advantage Bears. I'm a huge Bowman fan.
Special Teams-Advantage Bears. We always start inside our 20, while opponents start at midfield. Until I witness it in the regular season then any team in the league will have an advantage over us here.
Wildcard: Team chemistry. What chemistry do the Bears have? Does anyone on the team or city believe in Jay Cutler? Detroit has passion, new found talent, and optimism going for them. By comparison, Chicago seems to be mired in stagnation. Can we play inspired Defense with less talent?

I'd say our best bet would be to find rhythm for our offense early and put some points on the board. I want a shootout. Let's make Jay Cutler rush the game by trying to come from behind. Their defense is talented, but we can put 5 pretty good weapons on the field. Hopefully we'll push our advantages as best we can and their defensive edge won't help them match our scoreboard. Turnover battle is key.

Lions 10 3 7 7 27
Bears 3 7 0 7 17
As far as secondary, I would say push or slight edge to the Bears. Their secondary has been pretty awful this preseason and last season. Stafford should be looking to attack their safeties at any chance he gets.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, I'd give the QB edge to Detroit. Cutler still hasn't looked all that great in the Martz system. Even though its preseason, you would hope (if you were a Bears fan) that he would show some rythym and put together a solid scoring drive or two. But he looked more lost and out of sync with his receivers than ever. There is also talk about how Cutler is a much stronger QB when the play breaks down and as far as being a drop back and pass QB. That doesn't work in the Martz system so well. Maybe on Sunday something will click, but right now I think Stafford is looking SOLID and Cutler looks dull. Advantage Lions.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+6.5 is massive for this game. wth
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
+6.5 is massive for this game. wth
The only thing I can think of is that the starting MLB Levy is doubtful and they might have some info that Delmas won't play. Without Delmas in this game I don't think they can win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I have been hearing a ton about is how Martz will spread out or thin secondary & toss the rock around the yard & beat Detroit in that fashion ... I would argue, Detroit has (per guy) more explosive players to do EXACTLY that same thing to Chicago while they have the rock! Knox,Hester,Olsen,Forte don't really make me shiver.
However, Stafford carving up a (being modest) average Bears secondary with Johnson,Burleson,Johnson,Pettigrew,Scheffler,Best ... I mean that is a sick group of athletes!
Yes Detroit's back 7 is raw & inexperienced, but Chicago is vulnerable where we are strong. Our Dline against their Oline. Our offensive weapons (listed above) against their DB's etc.

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 09-09-2010 at 10:01 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a sneaky feeling that you guys might be good this year. Mike Martz is pretty brutal though.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

Im predicting the Lions win Sunday 27- 20. I see the Bears as one of the worst teams in the NFL this year and they will go 3-13.

Some more predictions!:

- Jahvid Best will have just over 100 all purpose yards and have 1 rushing TD
- Stafford will throw 2 TDs, one to CJ and perhaps BJ in the endzone
- Both QBs will have at least 1 interception
- Last but not least Delmas will start :)
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linehan can go **** himself for that ****** conservative playcalling after the fumble recovery.

Throw the ******* ball.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I agree Xio, where is Calvin?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I agree Xio, where is Calvin?
I thought for sure the 1st and goal play was gonna be a fade to Calvin in the corner. But I bet everyone else in the stadium thought that too, which is the beauty of having so many offensive weapons to misdirect attention with.

I bet they don't wait much longer to throw at him.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Best has two TDs but his YPC is terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't wanna know how we let Forte get an 89 yard TD. sounds like a bunch of missed tackles.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What a trainwreck of a final 1:30 of the half.

Stafford better not be hurt seriously.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I hope Stafford comes back in the second. Having him take his gear off is not a good sign. Either way, I think Jahvid is going to have at least 12 or 13 carries in the second half.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FML.

10 FML characters.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FML FML NOT THE STAANCHIZE!!! this SUCKS.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Lions should put that poster on the wall above the locker room door.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great we're gonna lose this game too, stupid fumble.

damn we still suck balls.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

**** Shaun Hill, FML!!!!

my football season is already over. Good news is we'll pick low enough to get Patrick Peterson or an Elite Tackle.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did the Bears NOT score on that when they were within a yard of the endzone.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
How did the Bears NOT score on that when they were within a yard of the endzone.
We held? 10 characteers
Old 09-12-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

can hill get us a couple first downs please. How incompetent can this guy be.