Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default Greg Mcelroy

Seems to be the most underrated QB in the country. I live in Bama, not a huge college FB fan, but I watch him and he's such a solid player. Could be a steal in the draft this year if he stays under the radar...

Thoughts?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing sticks out to me. Game manager.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Nothing sticks out to me. Game manager.
How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.
He's better than the last couple of 'Bama quarterbacks and will probably be a late round pick when he declares. But, there's isn't much to fall in love with as an NFL prospect. Good college QB, will probably compete for a roster spot at the NFL level.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His arm strength is not as good as you're making it out to be. I agree with TJ about giving him the "game manager" label. He'll probabaly have a Ken Dorsey type career.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reminds me of Kyle Orton

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

I've heard a lot of people around here compare him to Tom Brady when Brady was in college... Good QB, just not a highly sought after prospect. Obviously that's a lot of hoping and people around here are homers but after watching some of Brady's college tape, I can see the comparison as far as arm strength, accuracy, and the fact that he could control the offense and convert when he needed to. Ken Dorsey is another guy I've thought about but I think GM is a bit more talented. Good comparison though.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get with the program, he's he son of the Dallas Cowboys VP of Sales, which means Dad is the head marketing poobah.

He wants to go to grad school but I think Dallas will draft him. like in the 6th rd, just as a measure of respect,who knows.

He should succeed his father in Dallas a an NFL executive, he has the DNA.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
get with the program, he's he son of the Dallas Cowboys VP of Sales, which means Dad is the head marketing poobah.

He wants to go to grad school but I think Dallas will draft him. like in the 6th rd, just as a measure of respect,who knows.

He should succeed his father in Dallas a an NFL executive, he has the DNA.
I think the Skins draft him out of spite.. lol
Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a very good game manager that makes you pay for putting 8 in the box - when accurate.

Quote:
I've seen probably 5-6 games of his and to call his arm strong and accurate is questionable at best. First, he is inconsistent. Sometimes he is accurate with "good enough" 'arm strength'. Then sometimes, he throws the ball in places where it just shouldn't go.

He is the Kyle Orton of college football.

Last edited by descendency : 09-11-2010 at 09:22 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wins gamezzzz

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's definitely underrated. He makes good decisions and protects the football, but takes shots when they are there and can make teams pay.

But if he gets the Rhodes Scholarship, he's gonna do that, so it's hard to say anything about his draft prospects.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's better than the last couple of 'Bama quarterbacks and will probably be a late round pick when he declares. But, there's isn't much to fall in love with as an NFL prospect. Good college QB, will probably compete for a roster spot at the NFL level.
i agree with this
Old 09-13-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Late round pick at best, but gotta love him as a college QB. You can say what you want about him being a game manager, but he was fantastic in the SEC Championship last year. Now he definitely benefits from a good situation, but I think its harder than people think to get into a passing rhythm in a running offense. Its not as easy to make big throws when your only throwing 20 times a game.
BuddyCHRIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imo he's a mid-rounder at this point. I think he's very underrated, all this guy does is win games. He's feisty, competitive and a good leader. He's just the kind of player I can't bet against. If he goes pro he'll end up a starter, I'm sure of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm more in line with this. Bama as it is right now was built on the back of the running game, the defense, and not turning the ball over in the air. Really don't think he's a draftable prospects at this point. He's just not the type of guy who succeeds in the NFL. He probably wouldn't even start for a lot of college teams that demand more from a quarterback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm more in line with this. Bama as it is right now was built on the back of the running game, the defense, and not turning the ball over in the air. Really don't think he's a draftable prospects at this point. He's just not the type of guy who succeeds in the NFL. He probably wouldn't even start for a lot of college teams that demand more from a quarterback.
Yeah they are a countless of number QB's in college who could match what he is doing if they was the starting QB for alabama.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Bill Parcells takes over the Buffalo Bills as his next reclamation project, this guy could be his QB. I think he fits all of parcells basic criteria.