Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.
Default Is there a point that you just give up?

I've been watching the Lions for over 20 years. The last time i cheered was in 1997 when Barry Sanders broke Eric Dickerson's rushing title, 2000 yards in a season, and beat out the Jets for a playoff spot. That was the last time. You guys know the rest is history. I was optimistic on Mayhew and Lewand. The moves they made, the draft picks, the coaching changes...Lets get this straight though. This is still the Detroit Lions. Its a franchised that is un-fixable. Everyone knows now this is where you go to lose. Calvin Johnson should be beasting up the NFL right now, instead he's stuck here..in Detroit..where he gets the ball thrown to him 2-3 times a game. Staffords here..who looks like he could be a great QB..but he's here..in Detroit. Where if you're a high draft pick, and you dont suck, you will get hurt. Charles Rogers could have been great, and he was good, but the curse of Detroit caught up to him eventually. This franchise is evil, we make good players get hurt, we make players who love football become unmotivated.

This season, i had pretty high hopes. I understand we're still rebuilding but i expected 6-7 wins. I expected Stafford to have a great year will all these weapons. I expected Best to win rookie of the year. But i should have expected the Detroit Lions, where the O-line will never open up holes for a runningback and held Best to 17 yards. And our leader and captain quarterback suffer another dislocated shoulder. And i should have expected 3-13.

Im done. I've had enough of this pathetic franchise, these pathetic owners. I hope Ford dies in his sleep tonight. I wish the best for Schwartz, Suh, and CJ. Im done with these forums and im done waisting my Sundays watching these pathetic losers who will never, EVER be good. Sell the team and watch Michigan/State football. I hope you do the same, and stop supporting this ****.
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game was a big kick to the nuts but the Lions aren't going to give up on the season so you shouldn't give up on supporting them. I feel bad for Calvin though. One of the things going through my mind today was "I hope Calvin isn't secretly waiting to get the **** out of Detroit,". He has had to deal with 0-16, ****** QB play, and this.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
This game was a big kick to the nuts but the Lions aren't going to give up on the season so you shouldn't give up on supporting them. I feel bad for Calvin though. One of the things going through my mind today was "I hope Calvin isn't secretly waiting to get the **** out of Detroit,". He has had to deal with 0-16, ****** QB play, and this.
I'm not giving up on them yet either, because looking at the last few years I do think we're doing slightly better, however I don't think I can blame CJ or any of teh players for wanting the **** out of Detroit.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that the game the kept us out of the playoffs?

No, I don't think so. Maybe that comment will come back to bite me but if it does, then that means we will have a had a far better season than I predicted.

What the Lions (and us fans) should be coming back with is that we were competitive, held the lead for most of the game, actually stood up goal line stand, and SHOULD HAVE WON THE GAME despite playing with an ill-prepared backup for the 2nd half.

I'm actually feeling pretty good going into next week's game against the Eagles. Our defensive line was outstanding, and we should see more of the same next week. Hill was awful until the end of the game; I'm hoping he is better prepared when he is the starting QB going into week 2 (assuming Staff is out).

Yes it was a not a win, but it wasn't a complete loss. The lions looked like a competitive NFL team for the first time in three years.

Oh and I had my doubts about the Lions signing Vanden Bosch due to his age but I am COMPLETELY over that now. Holy cow the guy is a game changer for us.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vanden Bosch did have an excellent game. Suh got a sack in too, that's always good.

Defensively I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Line play goes a long long way in the NFL. The Lions were competitive on the strength of their DL.

Now they sure up the OL this offseason, and they're in great shape.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

morale has to be way down and stafford being hurt is terrible for them but you HAVE to like what they are working with, this team has some serious promise and elite players on both sides of the ball to build around...they are not the worst team in the league
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think almost everyone would agree that the Lions got robbed of a win. At the same time its 1 game and you still have 15 to go. Things take time and while it seems you haven't been relevant in quite some time this ship will turn around eventually. The Millen era really hurt you guys and set you farther back. You have some young playmakers unfortunately your QB hasnt been able to stay healthy but a few more pieces and I think you guys will have a pretty decent team. If Stafford could have played the entire game the outcome probably would have been different.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it was heartbreaker but we didn't play bad. As was said, we were competive on the road. Offense was very bad but thats still a strength to this team once Stafford gets back. I don't put anything on Hill. A couple dropped passes and sacks killed drives in the second half plus the Bears D played very very well. They are tough to run on with a healthy Urlacher and Briggs was amazing. Van Den Bosch was a maniac and the Lions D impressed me in the second half. Plus we still need Levy back. Bears had amazing field position all day and we only gave up 6 and got a good amount of consistent pressure. Then Hill did lead a clutch drive and we got robbed because of a dumb rule that will be changed next year. The 3rd down play should have been pass interference too. Sometimes you get the calls but sometimes you don't its part of the game. Bring on the Eagles and Week 2. I think it will be another exciting competive game at home even with Hill.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Yeah it was heartbreaker but we didn't play bad. As was said, we were competive on the road. Offense was very bad but thats still a strength to this team once Stafford gets back. I don't put anything on Hill. A couple dropped passes and sacks killed drives in the second half plus the Bears D played very very well. They are tough to run on with a healthy Urlacher and Briggs was amazing. Van Den Bosch was a maniac and the Lions D impressed me in the second half. Plus we still need Levy back. Bears had amazing field position all day and we only gave up 6 and got a good amount of consistent pressure. Then Hill did lead a clutch drive and we got robbed because of a dumb rule that will be changed next year. The 3rd down play should have been pass interference too. Sometimes you get the calls but sometimes you don't its part of the game. Bring on the Eagles and Week 2. I think it will be another exciting competive game at home even with Hill.
I agree. I'm looking forward to next week. Looks like Stafford doesn't need surgery and wants to play in Week 2. Hhaha, the kid is tough. Hopefully he doesn't play until he is ready though. No use re-injuring.

Philly didn't look good in week 1 and they have QB injury issues as well. I think we can get a win next week. Oh and no thanks on that kool-aid refill; I still have plenty. GO LIONS!
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Gotta agree with LoltheLions, this franschise is beyond terrible and seems to have no clue how to fix itself, I do not see how anyone can have any faith in this team.. Stafford is going to end up as a bust, he is too fragile for the NFL, 3 serious injury's in less then 2 years. the guy just cant stay on the field, he will be the next Charles Rogers.

Megatron will be out of here so fast when his contract ends it wont be funny, why would this guy stay here, so he can get 3 or 4 passes a game and from a backup QB 80% of the time. with the lockout looming next year we have him for this year and 2012 then he is gone.

the Defensive line played OK but seriously we gave up like 500 yards to the "BEARS" overall this Defense plain sucks. what happens when we play
A. Rogers or Favre. the only reason we were still in the game isnt because our Defense played good, it was because the Bears suck almost as bad as we do.

and I now lost all respect for our Coach, he had the chance to stand up for this team, his players, the Detroit fans and say what a garbage call it was taking away Calvins touchdown. and he sat there like a little P***y to scared to stand up to the big bad NFL and Grabbed his Ankles and bent over.
Schwartz should be fired.

we will be "Lucky" to win 3 games this year. if Stafford is out 6-8 weeks as some are reporting then we will be lucky to win 1 or 2. looks like a top 3 draft pick again. so we can destroy another promising young player.

the only bright spot on this team was the play of the D-Line, Vanden Bosch has a non stop motor, saw so many plays that he chased down a player
10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. he is unbelievable.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, never ever give up hope. I can say that as a Saints fan.

The way I saw it before this year was that the Buccaneers won a title. If Tampa Bay could win a title, any franchise could.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta agree with LoltheLions, this franschise is beyond terrible and seems to have no clue how to fix itself, I do not see how anyone can have any faith in this team.. Stafford is going to end up as a bust, he is too fragile for the NFL, 3 serious injury's in less then 2 years. the guy just cant stay on the field, he will be the next Charles Rogers.

The Lions seem to have more of a plan in place than usual. Stafford has taken some freak hits but he's not out for the year yet. He will be back and hope will be restored. Backus played well the entire rest of the game. One mistake was really really bad, but the line was protecting for most of the game. Run blocking on the other hand was atrocious and most be fixed.

Megatron will be out of here so fast when his contract ends it wont be funny, why would this guy stay here, so he can get 3 or 4 passes a game and from a backup QB 80% of the time. with the lockout looming next year we have him for this year and 2012 then he is gone.

Franchise tag or at the very least we won't let him get away for nothing. Mayhew got a 1st and 3rd for Roy for crying out loud.

the Defensive line played OK but seriously we gave up like 500 yards to the "BEARS" overall this Defense plain sucks. what happens when we play
A. Rogers or Favre. the only reason we were still in the game isnt because our Defense played good, it was because the Bears suck almost as bad as we do.

We gave up alot of yards for sure but played strong when we needed too. For instance in the redzone and the second half when the Bears had great field position the entire half we brought pressure. 3 of the 4 Lions turnovers were not luck, they were good plays other than Forte fumble which was luck but so was Calvin tripping and Tillman getting an int on our only good field position of second half. The goal line stands and the pressure in the second half were not luck either, great play by the Dline. I know Bears Oline is weak but this Dline can matchup with any Oline. We need to stay heallthy though and get Levy back and grow as a back 7.

and I now lost all respect for our Coach, he had the chance to stand up for this team, his players, the Detroit fans and say what a garbage call it was taking away Calvins touchdown. and he sat there like a little P***y to scared to stand up to the big bad NFL and Grabbed his Ankles and bent over.
Schwartz should be fired.

He should be fired lol. Why take an unnecessary fine. The rule is the rule and Schwartz is smart enough to know at least the refs followed what the rule. The rule is just dumb not the refs so no need to complain because the rule can't be changed until next year.

we will be "Lucky" to win 3 games this year. if Stafford is out 6-8 weeks as some are reporting then we will be lucky to win 1 or 2. looks like a top 3 draft pick again. so we can destroy another promising young player.

WE will see how long he is out. 7 is pretty optimistic but 5-6 is still in the realm. Big game this week at home. Steal Philly and St Loius and 2-4 is a good start for this team. Even with Stafford at Minny,at GB and at Giants were loses anyway. Stafford misses the right time at least.

the only bright spot on this team was the play of the D-Line, Vanden Bosch has a non stop motor, saw so many plays that he chased down a player
10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. he is unbelievable.

KVB is my favorite Lions player and it only took one game to convince me of that. Amazing effort.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions-Slappy View Post
I seriously hate when people say that about Stafford. Listen, if any of us took the kind of hits he has behind that Oline, we would be in a wheelchair. Lions fans warned that he was going to get hurt behind this Oline, which was my only hesitation in drafting Stafford. We need get someone like Marcus McNeill, who I wanted to get last offseason, but the Lions never made a move. Hopefully they realize, that they need to beef up the Oline. Because it doesn't matter what QB in the NFL was behind this line(Except Michael Vick) they would be getting hurt just as much if not more then Stafford.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I seriously hate when people say that about Stafford. Listen, if any of us took the kind of hits he has behind that Oline, we would be in a wheelchair. Lions fans warned that he was going to get hurt behind this Oline, which was my only hesitation in drafting Stafford. We need get someone like Marcus McNeill, who I wanted to get last offseason, but the Lions never made a move. Hopefully they realize, that they need to beef up the Oline. Because it doesn't matter what QB in the NFL was behind this line(Except Michael Vick) they would be getting hurt just as much if not more then Stafford.

Don't hate it's all good.

Look im not saying that Stafford isnt a tough kid, he proved that last year vs Cleveland. but so far history has shown that he cant stay healthy. given its only been 2 years, but he has had 3 serious injuries. be it he is fragile, unlucky, Lions curse whatever, he has not been able to stay on the field. what has he played in 2 years 8-10 games total? and NFL QB's get hit every game and still dont end up on the IR list. Stafford is not the only guy out there getting beat up.

I agree we need to beef up our O-Line but that is not a quick fix and I cant see it changing anytime soon, we are picking top 5 again next year (IMO) and from what I see there are no Left Tackles worth taking that high, we probably go with Peterson. so that leaves us with a second round LT.. can we get a second round lineman that is a franchise LT.

unlike a lot of people I do not have faith in Mayhew yet, this is the same guy that passed on Michael Oher for friggen Pettigrew... is he better then Millen yes, but my Dog could crap on a list of names and pick better then Millen.

so when will the line be good enough to protect him, he is going to be taking a beating for a while.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with this statement 200%. The O-Line is the one thing holding this team back. I saw a defense go on the road and get put in bad positions all day long and only allow 19 points to what I think a is potentially excellent offense in the Bears. Granted, Cutler threw for a lot of yards, but the defense came up huge time after time. IMO, Shaun Hill has a chance to split the season if it comes to that. I believe the Lions will be tough to beat at home this season, and furthermore, I think they will beat the Eagles this weekend at home. A full week to prepare for Vick and I like the Lions to be successful in turning over Vick multiple times. We all know that the Lions did enough to win this Sunday, but what encouraged me was the way the players and coaches dealt with the loss in interviews afterwards. I like this team's focus and attitude under Schwartz.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions-Slappy View Post
Don't hate it's all good.

Look im not saying that Stafford isnt a tough kid, he proved that last year vs Cleveland. but so far history has shown that he cant stay healthy. given its only been 2 years, but he has had 3 serious injuries. be it he is fragile, unlucky, Lions curse whatever, he has not been able to stay on the field. what has he played in 2 years 8-10 games total? and NFL QB's get hit every game and still dont end up on the IR list. Stafford is not the only guy out there getting beat up.

I agree we need to beef up our O-Line but that is not a quick fix and I cant see it changing anytime soon, we are picking top 5 again next year (IMO) and from what I see there are no Left Tackles worth taking that high, we probably go with Peterson. so that leaves us with a second round LT.. can we get a second round lineman that is a franchise LT.

unlike a lot of people I do not have faith in Mayhew yet, this is the same guy that passed on Michael Oher for friggen Pettigrew... is he better then Millen yes, but my Dog could crap on a list of names and pick better then Millen.

so when will the line be good enough to protect him, he is going to be taking a beating for a while.
Don't worry, I'm not hating. Its just gotten annoying hearing that over and over the past couple days. Now about the tackle situation, the only guy I can think drafting in the second round would be Gabe Camiri, assuming he falls to us when the draft comes. Scott has him going 29th overall to the Cowboys right now. I don't know if he has the talent to be a franchise tackle though. But I would like to at least try and make a deal for Marcus McNeil because I think Backus has done decent but we need someone younger and has more left in the tank. The RT position needs a solid tackle there also. All we have right there at the moment is Cherilus and Fox. Cherilus has stepped up a little bit(because he knows hes under pressure). Fox might be good but he is still kind of a project right now and isn't ready to start there yet. So I think both tackle positions need to be addressed, but the LT spot should be first priority.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be willing to try Backus at right tackle. I'm not sure he could do it but, since he's a better run blocker than pass blocker, I'd give him a chance.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'd be willing to try Backus at right tackle. I'm not sure he could do it but, since he's a better run blocker than pass blocker, I'd give him a chance.
Yeah that wouldn't be too bad. Have the Lions ever at least tried him at RT in his career?

-Bo Schembechler
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that wouldn't be too bad. Have the Lions ever at least tried him at RT in his career?
No. He's started every game since he's been drafted at LT.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though it was the correct call as the officials were instructed to use, it is absolutely the worst rule interpretation I have ever seen in my 50 odd years of watching football.
Bill Polian, the Colts GM who sits on the rules committee actually tried to justify this ridiculous interpretation today on NFL Network.
It simply left me extremely angry at the NFL for having such an interpretation in place. It is beyond comprehension.
As for Stafford's injury, I have to blame the organization as I repeatedly said before the draft that a LT was a must otherwise we could expect serious injuries to Stafford and a very short career. It is practically the rule of thumb in the NFL, that a team must protect a franchise QB's blindside at all costs or expect the worst. Going with Backus was ridiculous IMO and the organization paid the price. I just pray it is not to late for Stafford.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

The thing with Backus is he played fairly well last year and the staff loves him. Oher over Pettigrew is slowly becoming more and more obvious even to homer Lions fans like myself, but I would much rather have Suh and Best at this point still. Who knows how rookie Roger Saffold would do against Peppers and I don't want Trent or Okung over Suh at all. Backus made 3 mistakes on Sunday and one was a big one. Backus has played better(shutting down Freeney in 2008, Osi,Ware in 2007, he's played worse, most of Martz years). He's average nothing more nothing less but he's never been a liability until now. He's never gotten a Qb hurt before. Stafford is not out for the year though and it may only be a few games. Hope is not lost yet. And even if we had a stud LT, Backus might still be on the field at RT.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On rotoworld.....

Matthew Stafford (shoulder) met with Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday and remains week-to-week, according to the Lions.

The ultra-secretive Lions admitted that they have a "really good idea" about a diagnosis and recovery time, but refused to even reveal the results of Stafford's MRI. The Detroit News suggests Stafford did not damage his labrum or rotator cuff, which means he likely just damaged the ligaments around his AC joint. It's going to take some time to get full range of motion back, but we're guessing that Stafford could be back within four weeks. His arm was not in a sling Wednesday.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote