Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010-2011 Season

Boy it feels good to win a game haha I was starting to think that this was going to be another terrible year after the opening int, and the defense was getting owned. But we turned it around, I would love to know what pete said to the defense in that huddle because those boys played some damn good football for the rest of the game. Also wth happened to Kelly Jennings, the dude looks like a real cornerback now, he made some nice tackles that game.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I wasn't upset with the defense at the beginning even when the 9ers looked like they were going to run away with it. It wasn't their fault they were playing on a short field and had been on the field for almost 17 straight minutes.

Any defense is going to break when you have a 17/3 disparity in time of possession and I was just starting to get depressed about how they were going to break soon.

Then suddenly something miraculous happened. I'm still not quite sure what the hell happened, but man it felt good to stomp the 9ers.

However, I am still skeptical about the offense and the pass rush of this team over the course of the season.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even in the beginning, I was impressed with the way they swarmed to the ball in critical situations.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith inexplicably overthrowing the wide-open fullback on 4th and goal happened... if you can't make that throw - you should not be in the NFL.

And we were very lucky because if we go down 10-0 there things would have been much different.

But screw all that. 31-6. 1-0. Pete Carroll is undefeated as Seahawks head coach.

This defense could be special in a year or two if we can add another corner and some pass rushers... right now it's not too shabby. We'll be tough to score on at Qwest - that's for sure. Our defensive draft is looking absolutely amazing thus far. Thomas looks incredible, and Davis, Chancellor, and Thurmond are all already contributing and could see increased roles in the future.

Now it's on to Denver. I'm cautiously optimistic. Orton seems like the type of QB who could do well against our secondary for some reason... I think our run defense will continue to be strong against that OL and RB group though. Offensively, what's the word on Okung? If Hasselbeck starts to get his confidence back and develops a rapport with BMW, Butler, etc., he could have a huge bounce-back year and lead us to a surprise division title. The Cardinals absolutely suck - bank on that.

GREAT first win.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about our run defense guys, we shut frank gore DOWN. I was extremely pleased with pass protection, we only gave up one sack to their defense. Okung will most likely not be available to week 3 but it could be later. I have to admit i was real worried about the season with all those cuts before the season but carroll and schneider have me believing. That said we need more of a pass rush chris clemons did a pretty good job but hes injury prone and there was that scare with him in the 1st. I saw dexter davis for the first time, the dude is small but he is absolutely jacked and he a had a nice sack. GUYS WE ARE 1-0 AND I AM TRULY EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR! I said this in another thread the division is ours to lose, the 49ers might be more talented but we are a more complete team, that and there qb sucks haha

Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a stud pass rusher. Clemons is respectable in obvious passing downs, but I don't think he is going to get many sacks in other situations. If we end up trailing in games this could end up leading to a low number of sacks on the year. If the offense finds a way to score though, he could have a great number of sacks.

When I watched the Seahawks defense against the 49ers (and the first half against the Vikings), it just looked like that is a defense designed to shut down running backs. They have 3 big linemen designed to take up blockers and shut holes and quick linebackers designed to flow to the play and stop the running back when there is a hole. Kind of like a fusion of the 3-4 down linemen and the 4-3 personal grouping.

But on a different note, anyone else thinking of Trent Richardson as our first rounder in two years? The dude gave me the chills when he destroyed Penn State's defense.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

So we lost unger for the year with a toe injury. But we did re sign wrotto. Hill has been reinstated but he wont start. I agree as far as shutting down the run but we desperately need a stud pass rusher. Someone like robert quinn or greg romeus next draft.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Losing Unger ******* sucks. I'd love to have the OL healthy for one ******* season. It's ridiculous.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Another thing i wanted to say is i love our rotation onthe defensive line. We kept shuffling those guys in and out and ultimately i think that will help us down the road.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, that was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
well, that was awful.
Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.
deal. it sucks to be a seattle fan this weekend. Besides the Storm winning it all.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.
But did you ever feel like they had a legitimate chance to come back? I did...until Denver converted like 99% of their third downs. Decent QBs are going to destroy us...we have no pass rush.

And it seemed like most of them were 3rd & long!

Last edited by summond822 : 09-20-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Was this game blacked out? I went to watch it and it said it was but i didnt hear anything about a blackout. Btw i have direct tv, if it matters

Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Much to my horror, it wasn't blacked out. I have direct tv too, and Sunday ticket. But it was working on my local stations.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

So hill is out for awhile with an achilles injury. What do you guys think we should do with him? Hawthorne is a beast and i honestly dont think hill will regain his starting position again, but i think his only way of sticking on the team is to be the leo rusher, because when he rushed his rookie year he was pretty good.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

If he can't earn the starting spot, might as well use his pass rushing ability. Not like the Hawks have much of that right now anyways.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Oh I can't stop smiling right now :D. Yes, it was ugly at times, but I don't care. WE WON!!!!!

Gus Bradley deciding to blitz on every play that last series had my full support. Not like we were getting any pressure with our linemen that second half.

Oh, man it just feels so good right now.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Got big plays from a bunch of new, young faces:

Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Leon Washington, Golden Tate ... And Mike Williams is still only 26. He's going to go off one of these games.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Didn't see them game but i sure am happy we got a win! Now its on to the rams at their stadium. And then its our bye. Ususally i say we crush the rams but i dont think that they should be taken lightly. We still haven't proven that we can consistantly win on the road. Then i hope we get healthy and get pitts and okung back. Bit of a side step here, im not sure how many sacks were given up these last 2 games but im pretty sure polumbus has been playing well. My question is, when okung comes back do we star polumbus at rt and bench locklear, or move him to guard.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I think we keep Locklear at RT. Polumbus has done very, very well. Our best line involves Locklear at the moment. Now if Polumbus upsets Locklear in competition wednesday or whatever then great, have him start at RT.

I just don't see it happening.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Well, I was wrong. Polumbus started at RT before Okung got hurt.

Did anyone actually watch this entire game? I quit around the 3rd quarter.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Well, I was wrong. Polumbus started at RT before Okung got hurt.

Did anyone actually watch this entire game? I quit around the 3rd quarter.
I picked up the game in the 3rd quarter on justintv after i noticed we were getting are asses kicked, so i had to see things for myself. I think it was a terrible decision to put okung in this game, it was so pointless. Polumbus was playing well, we have a bye this week, and these high ankles are so tricky with healing and its usually best to rest. Also the week we **** with the line we gave up 4 sacks, just saying. I watched highlights and some of the game and i couldnt belive we had a gimpy stephen jackson run all over us. Lets focus on something good, i still have a huge man crush on Earl Thomas and he's got legit shot at droy.

On a side note, i was thinking of this when watching the washington game. How much power does the owner have over the gm. because i think paul allen Would give up anything to get jake locker but i just dont see schneider going for it.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
I picked up the game in the 3rd quarter on justintv after i noticed we were getting are asses kicked, so i had to see things for myself. I think it was a terrible decision to put okung in this game, it was so pointless. Polumbus was playing well, we have a bye this week, and these high ankles are so tricky with healing and its usually best to rest. Also the week we **** with the line we gave up 4 sacks, just saying. I watched highlights and some of the game and i couldnt belive we had a gimpy stephen jackson run all over us. Lets focus on something good, i still have a huge man crush on Earl Thomas and he's got legit shot at droy.

On a side note, i was thinking of this when watching the washington game. How much power does the owner have over the gm. because i think paul allen Would give up anything to get jake locker but i just dont see schneider going for it.
As for your second part there if Paul Allen wants Jake Locker then the GM will go after him. Obviously we dont know if Allen is a big Husky fan so hard to say if they'll pursue him.

Watching Hasselbeck leaves no doubt that he's on his way out and when we see Charlie i think we'll come to the same conclusion. They dont have a lot to work with there on offense but might as well go with a young guy, like they're doing in St Louis with Bradford, and build this thing from the bottom up. It doesnt have to take forever either. The defense has looked pretty good i think and another good draft devoted to the offense and i think they can compete in this talent challenged NFC West.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote