Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coaching Arrogance/ Bad Coaching Thread

What is up with coaches in the NFL? Maybe Im just getting smarter (finally, mercifully), but it just seems that in the last year or two coaching has become a lost art along with good tackling.

* Last year, Ricky Williams was running wild against a number of teams, but would then inexplicably stop recieving carries as Henne would throw over fifty times. All this while the game was close or even Miami winning.

* Same ****, different team. Childress basically throwing that game with his sudden abandonment of the successful-to-that-point running game.

* anything OC of dallas Garrett has done. Man really just looks completely foolish sometimes. That end of half play wasnt necessarily a bad call (and the media who are picking them apart over it would be the same ones praising it if theyd bombed it and somehow scored), if they wanna be bold that fine. But then tell Romo to actually bomb it, just toss it up there and see what happens in the endzone. Choice was just playing hard and being a little stupid. It happens. But some of his other play calls were head scratching at the least. And how is it that the boys come out of a timeout for that final play of the game and are somehow still confused and disorganzed? Thats a coaching problem.

* Why in the name of all things sane and holy is a rookie QB throwing 50 passes in his first game that is A) close and B) he has one of the best backs in the game in his backfield and few recieving options.

* Non NFL one (sorry i cant help it): In the NCG Bama Texas, Texas refused to go to a five down man D or bear D despite getting killed by the run and McCelroy or whatev his name is doing nothing. Im sorry but this isnt even common sense.

* Future one: Kolb over Vick to start. Why!?!?!?!?! anyone watching that game yesterday saw that Kolb looked horrible, like no hope in **** hes gunna get it done horrible. Vick looked like hes got a shot, so if he lights it up next week with Kolb out I say you give it to him.

* Stretch plays: they failed constantly for the Packers. And yet they kept trying them. Reason unknown. And the Giants for the second straight year are trying to get Jacobs to the outside with stretch plays and zone runs. Except his change of direction (COD) skills suck. And last year using all those plays was his worst year so far, even worse than the #'s indicate IMO.

* Matt Moore: is he good or not? Didnt really look it, but really tough to tell when he was getting absolutely crushed back there on every freaking play, even more pressure than Kolb was seeing. It was absurd how little help he had. And yet...another five step drop? Why not! Nuetralize that rush with three step drops and get rid of the ball. Come on, at least give the guy a chance to prove he cant do it before Clausen takes over and also looks confused due to tons of deep routes and long drops into his own endzone on his first NFL snaps. Just tons of stupid things.

Give me some time and ill probably think of a ton more. Its really sad.

Others you guys can point out/blew your mind?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anything Lovie Smith stands for

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get Childress. If they keep running the ball I think they might be 1-0 right now instead of 0-1. Just made no sense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
anything Lovie Smith stands for
Yeah. Lovie Smith punted from the 45 on 4th-and-3 with only a few minutes left. Yet when a field goal gives them the lead, he goes for it on 4th-and-goal from the one? Even if the Bears makes the playoffs this year, Lovie has to go!
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid's timeout use at the end of the game was horrendous. Their final play of the game was a HORRIBLE play call. If you want Vick to run it straight up the middle, do it from under center. Or better yet, do it on a bootleg with an option to pass.

Reid is almost as bad as Childress. Both just horrible coaches that have no business in the NFL.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have another non-NFL one that drives me nuts:

Marshall/West Virginia. Marshall has been terrorizing West Virginia defensively and was getting great pressure all game long. Then, inexplicably, they shift to the prevent defense early in the 4th quarter, rushing only 3 players much of the time and dropping everyone else into deep zones, and West Virginia goes right up the field to tie it up and force overtime.

The only thing the prevent prevents, is you from holding your lead. The only time it should ever be used is when there isn't much time left, and the other team doesn't have any timeouts left. Then you can give up those 20 yard strikes down the middle of the field, since it will cost them a lot of time.

And yeah, in the NFL, I have to agree that Lovie, Childress, Reid and Garrett do some of the absolute dumbest things.

And these still crack me up....you know you have to be doing something wrong to start a meme:

Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
* Matt Moore: is he good or not? Didnt really look it, but really tough to tell when he was getting absolutely crushed back there on every freaking play, even more pressure than Kolb was seeing. It was absurd how little help he had. And yet...another five step drop? Why not! Nuetralize that rush with three step drops and get rid of the ball. Come on, at least give the guy a chance to prove he cant do it before Clausen takes over and also looks confused due to tons of deep routes and long drops into his own endzone on his first NFL snaps. Just tons of stupid things.
I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna say Andy Reid and time management too. He's been bad at it for so long now, too.

Also, not recent, but still relevant: Colts coaches resting starters in week 17 year after year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.

Re read my post, no where did i say i think he'll be good. I didnt see him last year when he showed promise supposedly so i could only base it on today and he didnt look good at all. didnt see the yelling though missed that.

i did see all those throws into coverage/stare downs. when he was in, moore looked pretty bad. Really forced the ball to smith a couple times. a couple decent reads and throws but they were few and far between.

And Clausen looked like a stray, so lost and confused out there. a rookie granted, but he looked down on himself on the bench sitting there, not showing the fire he had at ND. Not a good sign. But hes a rookie inside his own five taking drops into the endzone? What? moore was bad but this to me was evidence that the play calling wasnt doing anyone any favors

Last edited by hockey619 : 09-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid lost the Eagles that game. QB dive when the Packers showed an all out blitz even with Vick in shotgun. They didn't spread the defense out and give Vick and outlet in case the lane wasn't there. And they had no timeouts left. They used their third one with 5 minutes left in the 4th when losing. Mind boggling.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
What is up with coaches in the NFL? Maybe Im just getting smarter (finally, mercifully), but it just seems that in the last year or two coaching has become a lost art along with good tackling.

* Last year, Ricky Williams was running wild against a number of teams, but would then inexplicably stop recieving carries as Henne would throw over fifty times. All this while the game was close or even Miami winning.

* Same ****, different team. Childress basically throwing that game with his sudden abandonment of the successful-to-that-point running game.

* anything OC of dallas Garrett has done. Man really just looks completely foolish sometimes. That end of half play wasnt necessarily a bad call (and the media who are picking them apart over it would be the same ones praising it if theyd bombed it and somehow scored), if they wanna be bold that fine. But then tell Romo to actually bomb it, just toss it up there and see what happens in the endzone. Choice was just playing hard and being a little stupid. It happens. But some of his other play calls were head scratching at the least. And how is it that the boys come out of a timeout for that final play of the game and are somehow still confused and disorganzed? Thats a coaching problem.

* Why in the name of all things sane and holy is a rookie QB throwing 50 passes in his first game that is A) close and B) he has one of the best backs in the game in his backfield and few recieving options.

* Non NFL one (sorry i cant help it): In the NCG Bama Texas, Texas refused to go to a five down man D or bear D despite getting killed by the run and McCelroy or whatev his name is doing nothing. Im sorry but this isnt even common sense.

* Future one: Kolb over Vick to start. Why!?!?!?!?! anyone watching that game yesterday saw that Kolb looked horrible, like no hope in **** hes gunna get it done horrible. Vick looked like hes got a shot, so if he lights it up next week with Kolb out I say you give it to him.

* Stretch plays: they failed constantly for the Packers. And yet they kept trying them. Reason unknown. And the Giants for the second straight year are trying to get Jacobs to the outside with stretch plays and zone runs. Except his change of direction (COD) skills suck. And last year using all those plays was his worst year so far, even worse than the #'s indicate IMO.

Give me some time and ill probably think of a ton more. Its really sad.

Others you guys can point out/blew your mind?

We made Moore like a JV QB. Now with enough film on him our scouts could break him down as soon as possible since the schedules comes out so early. So I am sure we had a comprehensive scouting report on him. I thought all the hits took their toll on poor Matt Moore.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Del Rio going for it on 4th and Inches on the Jaguars' 40. The defense had been playing well - all you have to do is punt and then eventually get the ball back. But nooooooo, River Gambler Jack goes for it, and calls a ******* HB Dive to top off the stupidity. It fails, and the Broncos take a quick drive for a TD.

I like some of his gambles, like on the opponent's 40 or maybe even on the 50, but in your own territory is a bad idea.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything about the 49ers coaching staff is atrocious. Playcalling, clock management, schemes, adjustments, you name it.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Andy Reid's clock management at the end of any game is always a fun adventure that I enjoy.

Also Jason Garrett is terrible all around, most cowboy fans have been screaming it for years now, at least it's noticeable. Good news is that he shouldn't end up our Head Coach at this point so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Garrett is one of the worst play-callers I've ever seen... and I'm a Lions fan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Everything about the 49ers coaching staff is atrocious. Playcalling, clock management, schemes, adjustments, you name it.
I don't know why anyone think highly of Singletary. The harsh truth of it is that guy is a poor man's Herm Edwards. He's not good for much other than talking at a press conference.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 09-13-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw a replay of that final Eagles play....I swear to god that Reid wanted Vick (almost typed McNabb....) to fail on that play to avoid a QB controversy. So stupid....
Old 09-13-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Just saw a replay of that final Eagles play....I swear to god that Reid wanted Vick (almost typed McNabb....) to fail on that play to avoid a QB controversy. So stupid....
Please tell me you're kidding. So Reid signed Vick, but wants him to fail? That's an all time classic Vickscuse.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Please tell me you're kidding. So Reid signed Vick, but wants him to fail? That's an all time classic Vickscuse.
Some exaggeration, but it was seriously a terrible playcall. Any idiot who has ever played Madden for 5 minutes could have come up with something better.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie Smith not kicking the FG when they were down by 1 in the 4th, and the Lions were without their starting QB, had no first downs in the 2nd half and about 100 yards of total offense is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. There's no justification for it, it's pure insanity.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Looked that way.

Vick is clearly the better QB, and would make a lot of teams win more games at the moment(like Atlanta).

As for Vikings, they did give up on the run too fast, but it's not like Peterson was destroying us either, he had a few nice ones, and he got stuffed a bunch too.

Sean Payton has his flaws, like when he goes pass happy, but I feel like he was humbled in the 8-8 years, so even when he starts to go pass happy, he'll reign himself in by halftime.

Our passing is awesome, but if Nicks and Evans are opening up holes big enough for Bush and Thomas to dominate on the ground, or rip off 5-7 yards nearly every play, against the Vikings line no less, there is no need to pass.

I mean, the Williams wall got washed out and dominated up front, what could we do to teams with mediocre tackles?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't know why anyone think highly of Singletary. The harsh truth of it is that guy is a poor man's Herm Edwards. He's not good for much other than talking at a press conference.
I think Singletary can succeed as a head coach because of his motivational abilities and toughness but with his lack of knowledge of the intricacies of the game, especially on offense, he needs good coordinators under him and the 49ers have two of the worst coordinators in the league.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That had to be one of the worst play calls I've seen in awhile. I was expecting some sort of bootleg where Vick would have had the option to pass or run if no one was open. But no, the guy who calls passes 60% of the time decides to some goofy qb sneak type thing from shotgun.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
That had to be one of the worst play calls I've seen in awhile. I was expecting some sort of bootleg where Vick would have had the option to pass or run if no one was open. But no, the guy who calls passes 60% of the time decides to some goofy qb sneak type thing from shotgun.
I know exactly the play I would have run with him there. Pull a couple of blockers out to the left, let him roll that way with either the option to run it or throw to a TE who is just a few yards further down the field.

It's like the most basic college option offense play there is and it would have worked so beautifully with him there.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Todd Haley and Norv Turner kept going for it on 4th down, too aggressive at non-critical junctures, it is not a necessary risk. Football games are won using field position.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote