Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and 1 down by 1 on the opponents 10 or so Sunday?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Remember when Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and 1 down by 1 on the opponents 10 or so Sunday?
Umm...it was 4th and goal on the one. And yes. It hasn't been forgotten.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember tied game, 0:02 seconds left, Seahawks have the ball, 4th down, they want the time to run out, Lovie calls a Timeout, thinking the seahawks might punt to Hester. Seahawks say thank you and line up again for a hail mary. thank god that one failed.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I am just not seeing it but what was the point of Chan Gailey's call to have the LS throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down near the endzone in the Bills/Phins game for a safety. I don't agree with going for it there since Edwards is incompetant and one mistake and Miami has an easy 7 but you have one of the better punters in Moorman why not just have him punt the ball and sideline the punt returner?

Instead after the safety(Take into account it was 13-10 MIA at the time, now making it a must score TD Game at 15-10), Gailey elects to pooch kick the ball and use their timeouts in their 3 and out stop and give an already bad offense about 20 or so seconds to march 80 yds for a TD.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Jason Garrett is one of the worst play-callers I've ever seen... and I'm a Lions fan.
He really can't get anything right. Goes away from the run when it's working and will abandon it to pass all game, goes into the shotgun and 5 WR sets when we have 1st and goal on the 1 yard line with Marion Barber in, loves to throw screen passes that don't work, ugh I could go on and on.

Prime reason why we had so many yards last year(2nd in the league, due to the weapons on offense, and him still wanting to throw even when were up by 20 points), and were 15th in scoring(because of terrible play-calling especially in the red zone).

I don't know if another team had such a disparity as we did in yards & scoring but we've got to be close to the top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie Smith shouldn't be employed. Brad Childress comes from the Andy Reid school of bad coaching.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Singletary is arguably the worst head coach in the NFL. No coaching experience other than as a position coach. Doesn't know X's and O's, has terrible game management skills, and uses timeouts to give a "rah rah" speech that he'll think will pay dividends. I don't care if Big Bird was our head coach, if Big Bird knew X's and O's and was actually a good strategist, it would be all gravy. Meanwhile, our quarterback with the best potential was downgraded to the practice squad and Troy Smith was signed in his place.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm slowly beginning to see why everyone hated Mike Mularkey towards the end of his run with his teams.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/thread

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Mike Singletary is arguably the worst head coach in the NFL. No coaching experience other than as a position coach. Doesn't know X's and O's, has terrible game management skills, and uses timeouts to give a "rah rah" speech that he'll think will pay dividends. I don't care if Big Bird was our head coach, if Big Bird knew X's and O's and was actually a good strategist, it would be all gravy. Meanwhile, our quarterback with the best potential was downgraded to the practice squad and Troy Smith was signed in his place.
I would have to agree with this after this past sunday. The dude uses timeouts at the worst time and when it comes time to use one at the end of the quarter they cant. He just does not seem like he should be an nfl coach. Plus im not sure why he kept going for it on 4th down.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan. End of Thread.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.
Just stop. I'm tired of this stupid argument with people who don't typically watch the Panthers. Starting for us last year he was 4-1, 8 TDs 1 INT, that what gives you hope that he will be a good QB.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200912...ants#tab:watch

If the run game isn't working and when that happens it will be extremely hard for this pass game to work because we have no receivers.

Also let me make it clear I think he can be a pretty good QB for us with our run game, I don't think he is a superstar.

He is the correct choice over Clausen right now.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Everything about the 49ers coaching staff is atrocious. Playcalling, clock management, schemes, adjustments, you name it.
I know. Down the stretch last year, I thought the 49ers offense was the 2007 Texas Tech offense, and this with Frank Gore back there at RB.

It was almost as if Andy Reid took over playcalling for the 49ers last year.

I didn't watch much of the 49ers joke at Seattle yesterday so I don't know what their offense looked like other than the fact that they got destroyed by the team YFStoner thought was hands-down the worst team in the NFL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going for it on 4th down was not only ridiculously arrogant of Lovie, but choosing to play cover 3 at the end of the game was absurd.
The play calling in the red zone was also garbage by Martz.
Also, Seattle might be better than we think, we will find out soon though.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Rex Ryan. End of Thread.
He's arrogant, but HARDLY a bad coach. Most good coaches ARE arrogant.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 4th down call by Lovie was probably the second worst coaching decision I've ever seen, regardless of outcome. The only worse one was Marty Morningweg winning the coin toss in overtime and taking the wind.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
He's arrogant, but HARDLY a bad coach. Most good coaches ARE arrogant.
There is a huge difference between arrogant and confident. He's arrogant to the point he looks like a bad coach.

"Our goal is to win the Super Bowl" (so is every other teams...)
"I'm not afraid of Bill Belichick" (if anyone else is, they should quit coaching...)

It's stupid crap like that. Is he a good coach? He's not bad but he's done a lot of dumb s*** already that has the team in a position I don't think they want to be. There is no denying he made the Revis situation worse. He couldn't shut his mouth about him and then Revis took that and spit it back in the Jets faces.

He's Jerry Jones minus the Super Bowl rings (and the billions).
Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i remember tied game, 0:02 seconds left, Seahawks have the ball, 4th down, they want the time to run out, Lovie calls a Timeout, thinking the seahawks might punt to Hester. Seahawks say thank you and line up again for a hail mary. thank god that one failed.
Ugh. Yep. That was even a playoff game. Just horrible. Lovie Smith needs to be fired, for sure.

Lovie Smith challenges what I said.
Lovie Smith challenges his challenge.
Bears are now out of challenges.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
There is a huge difference between arrogant and confident. He's arrogant to the point he looks like a bad coach.

"Our goal is to win the Super Bowl" (so is every other teams...)
"I'm not afraid of Bill Belichick" (if anyone else is, they should quit coaching...)

It's stupid crap like that. Is he a good coach? He's not bad but he's done a lot of dumb s*** already that has the team in a position I don't think they want to be. There is no denying he made the Revis situation worse. He couldn't shut his mouth about him and then Revis took that and spit it back in the Jets faces.

He's Jerry Jones minus the Super Bowl rings (and the billions).
You really don't know what you're talking about with the Jets.

a) The players LIKE that he's cocky. Watch Hard Knocks. He has confidence in his players, and is VERY vocal about it. I know it rubs you wrong as a Pats fan, but he doesn't care.

b) He had a minimal impact at most on the Revis situation. Revis has the same agents as Vincent Jackson. He ALREADY held out for his rookie contract. Revis is just a hold out type. Ryan called Mangold the best center, and Jenkins the best DT. They didn't hold out.

c) Most people would agree Belicheck is the best coach in the league. The man cheats and runs up the score on people. A good coach doesn't give a **** about what you think, he does his business and tries to win.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on Rex, hes legit.

Its a breath of fresh air to get an open honest dude just talkin smack and sayin whatever he wants. Its a sport, it should be fun and entertaining. Rex certainly makes me wanna watch more football, very cool guy.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think Rex believes his own bullsh*t half the time. He seems like he just wants to be heard.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything related to the 49ers coaching staff since Mariucci was fired.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Moore isn't great, and because of that, the Panthers shouldn't be throwing the ball 3 times from the four yard line.

He wasn't put in a position to succeed, and he didn't. In fact, he looked quite terrible. That's the jist of that game.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.
Actually the first half he played extremely well. The reason being there was a great mix of pass and run plays being called. The defense couldn't just pin their ears back and rush or stack the box. Then for some reason they decide to call throw after throw after throw. They didn't call screens or short routes either.

Sure Moore made some terrible throws into coverage but throughout the second half he received both poor protection and a distinct lack of help from the run game.

Moore showed last year when he's playing the back of a good running performance he's amazingly good, in fact he was 2nd only to Philip Rivers in December for QB rating and he was brilliant. Why? Because he wasn't hit everytime he dropped back and expected to win games with just his arm on his own.

OP is accurate it was a ******** game plan and play calling display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
Agreed on Rex, hes legit.

Its a breath of fresh air to get an open honest dude just talkin smack and sayin whatever he wants. Its a sport, it should be fun and entertaining. Rex certainly makes me wanna watch more football, very cool guy.
I do like having him in the NFL, his style is better than "we did some things well... we need to assess... it happens..." or the other 50 canned responses we hear.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Jack Del Rio going for it on 4th and Inches on the Jaguars' 40. The defense had been playing well - all you have to do is punt and then eventually get the ball back. But nooooooo, River Gambler Jack goes for it, and calls a ******* HB Dive to top off the stupidity. It fails, and the Broncos take a quick drive for a TD.

I like some of his gambles, like on the opponent's 40 or maybe even on the 50, but in your own territory is a bad idea.
In Del Rio's defense, even Broncos fans in their wildest dreams didnt think DJ Williams was capable of hitting MJD just behind the line of scrimmage and knocking him backwards. We expected him to hit after a gain of 2 yards and then get carried for another 1 or 2.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote