Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Leonard Weaver Injury Could be Career-Ending

Early reports indicate he damaged at least three ligaments. He also suffered nerve damage.

I read RB's rarely recover from nerve damage and that this injury could actually never heal right. Hope he does make a recovery.

This is the kind of thing you never want to see or hear about, but unfortunately, it's part of the game.

Edit: oops, forgot link.

http://mobile.twitter.com/caplannfl/status/24394744827

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last I heard the Eagles were calling it a knee sprain. I'm no doctor but it looked much worse than that. Now if he did tear up his knee, hopefully he can make a comeback because that looked horrible.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-13-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated seeing this happen and the look he had while being carried off. Just gets worse with this news. One of my favorite players in the league, this has me bummed out.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt need to see him cry. I was def. feeling for Weaver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the replay a few times and saw no way it was just a knee sprain.

Willis McGahee's knee went all the way back and looked much worse so lets hope Leonard can make it back to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I'm not watching that again it was enough the first time, I hope this is just the media jumping the gun and his career isn't over.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has damage to all 3 ligaments in his knee. One of the best FBs and one of the nicest guys in the league, my prayers go out to him.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watching that you can tell it's season ending.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Just watching that you can tell it's season ending.
Yep, as soon as they showed the replay my Dad and I looked at each other and said his season is over, it hurt just watching.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a bummer I really like Weaver.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Yep, as soon as they showed the replay my Dad and I looked at each other and said his season is over, it hurt just watching.
Imagine how I/eagles fans in general felt haha. I seriously couldn't even watch it all the way through, right when his knee started bending the wrong way I turned away and it felt like I got punched in the gut.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope that the Eagles actually stick by Weaver and give him the time he needs to rehab and not just cast him aside with an injury settlement in the offseason.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It hurts watching. Weaver was on his way to being one of the top FBs in the league.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

On a related note, Jamaal Jackson got a torn bicep yesterday and is out for the year as well, on the same day he came back from a torn ACL.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not want to see that more than once. You can tell it was bad by Jackson's reaction. He probably heard a scream or snap or something.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
On a related note, Jamaal Jackson got a torn bicep yesterday and is out for the year as well, on the same day he came back from a torn ACL.
Justin Harrell also tore his ACL, making it three season ending injuries in one game.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haz a supermega sad... :(

My stomach dropped as soon as I saw the replay of it, and considering Weaver is my favorite Eagle, and one who I've met and talked to, this really, really ******* sucks majorly. I just hope he can come back.

*All of you can stop looking in the obituaries for my suicide now*

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 09-13-2010 at 03:02 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The GB/PHI game was full of injuries. Harrell and Weaver tore up their knees, Kolb has a concussion, Bradley possibly has a concussion, and Ryan Grant injured his ankle. Am I missing anything?

Edit: Jamaal Jackson- torn bicep.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-13-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Justin Harrell also tore his ACL, making it three season ending injuries in one game.
Plus four more serious injuries with two bad concussions, a hand cast for the rest of the year, and an undetermined bad ankle injury. Really rough game.

Weaver's injury definitely stands out, though, such a horrific thing. It is possible to come back from extreme injuries, ie.. McGahee, but rare. (Although McGahee didn't actually suffer the extent of the injury they're currently suggesting for Weaver. Nerve damage basically makes it impossible.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 09-13-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The GB/PHI game was full of injuries. Harrell and Weaver tore up their knees, Kolb has a concussion, Bradley possibly has a concussion, and Ryan Grant injured his ankle. Am I missing anything?
Like I mentioned above, Jamaal Jackson tore his bicep. Just a terrible game as far as injuries go.

Bradley's concussion was ugly, he got up and started walking and his knees just buckled and he fell to the ground. I was shocked when they put him back in a couple plays later and he was ruled to have a concussion at halftime and then was held out of the second half. That was way too risky. I think they did the same thing with Kolb now that I mention it.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I mentioned above, Jamaal Jackson tore his bicep. Just a terrible game as far as injuries go.

Bradley's concussion was ugly, he got up and started walking and his knees just buckled and he fell to the ground. I was shocked when they put him back in a couple plays later and he was ruled to have a concussion at halftime and then was held out of the second half. That was way too risky. I think they did the same thing with Kolb now that I mention it.
I think Kolb never came back in, but I was real surprised when Bradley was back in, and caught a tackle on the first play back. He recorded at least 2 tackles in 4 or 5 plays after his concussion IIRC.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Jenkins broke multiple bones in his hand and is wearing a cast for the year. :-/

But hey! The NFL can make some more money if it needlessly plays two more of these for each team every year, so let's do that!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think Kolb never came back in, but I was real surprised when Bradley was back in, and caught a tackle on the first play back. He recorded at least 2 tackles in 4 or 5 plays after his concussion IIRC.
That just looks terrible on the medical staff. You can't let a guy back in the game with symptoms of a concussion. I don't care if he passed whatever tests they gave him, something serious could have happened, way more serious than what happened to Weaver.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the first time I saw it...

I can't move. My mind is in pain for him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That just looks terrible on the medical staff. You can't let a guy back in the game with symptoms of a concussion. I don't care if he passed whatever tests they gave him, something serious could have happened, way more serious than what happened to Weaver.
I agree, they never should have let him back in, but I think Bradley wanted to come back in despite what they were telling him. I give respect to him for even wanting to come back in after his concussion, when it was obvious he wasn't right in the head. I was worried about the same thing, if he would've taken another big hit to his head, their could have been all types of different brain damage. The sad thing is, he played better after being concussed than Gaither did the rest of the game.