Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it wrong that I am a die-hard Packers fan yet I got a tiny bit happy at this news because I just claimed Jackson off waivers? :(
I feel dirty.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeDe Dorsey is still hanging around out there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Is it wrong that I am a die-hard Packers fan yet I got a tiny bit happy at this news because I just claimed Jackson off waivers? :(
I feel dirty.
Lol yea that is wrong. I am a fantasy football nut but I put the Cowboys first. I'd never be excited about losing Felix Jones because I had Tashard Choice, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol yea that is wrong. I am a fantasy football nut but I put the Cowboys first. I'd never be excited about losing Felix Jones because I had Tashard Choice, ever.
It is for this reason I try to never, ever draft Bears players. And I hate playing people who are starting Bears players.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
We need to hammer out a trade. Plenty of platoons out there, someone good has to be unhappy. Thomas Jones? Someone in that Carolina backfield? Fred Jackson (<-- that would make me so ****ing happy) or even Lynch?
If we traded Fred Jackson, I would ******* murder everybody involved, other than Freddy. I'm sure he would tear it up, too.

This really blows for Grant. I do wish Starks was healthy to possibly take advantage, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dmitri Nance, let's do this thing.

Seriously, fack.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It is for this reason I try to never, ever draft Bears players. And I hate playing people who are starting Bears players.
i don't think you should worry about something like that.

Our RB coach was in love with everything Lynch did and pushed for the Packers to draft him, so hopefully the Packers do try and trade for him :D
Old 09-14-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dmitri Nance was verrry impressive this preseason, for those of you who weren't watching. Once upon a time Ryan Grant was one of those practice squad gems who couldn't crack the regular squad because of a deep, etched group ahead of him. Let's not completely roll our eyes at their decision to sign him. They should still find room to add another back, possibly through trade, though not for a marquee name like Lynch I don't think.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i don't think you should worry about something like that.

Our RB coach was in love with everything Lynch did and pushed for the Packers to draft him, so hopefully the Packers do try and trade for him :D
Forte was the 2nd highest scoring RB in my league, Cutler the 3rd highest scoring QB, Knox and Aro are legit 2nd/3rd options at WR, the guy I played this week got some points from Chester Taylor....they aren't that bad of a fantasy team.

Of course I have Devin Hester of the group.... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Dmitri Nance was verrry impressive this preseason, for those of you who weren't watching. Once upon a time Ryan Grant was one of those practice squad gems who couldn't crack the regular squad because of a deep, etched group ahead of him. Let's not completely roll our eyes at their decision to sign him. They should still find room to add another back, possibly through trade, though not for a marquee name like Lynch I don't think.
It's going to take him some time to adjust though. It's not like he was activated from their own PS and will know their playbook and stuff. As a runner, that may not be as big of deal, but on that offense, his pass blocking and routes out of the backfield will be arguably more important.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 09-14-2010 at 04:34 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant has been very underrated, and it irritates me when some Packer fans would complain that he's not fast enough. He was solid, and he didn't fumble, or get arrested.

But RB is not a complicated position to replace, and there are tons of guys who can come in and do well, in this offense, if Brandon Jackson and John Kuuuuuuhn don't last long.

But I can't believe Dimitry not a russian Nance is THE BEST option out of all 32 practice squads or trade possibilities. Maroney only cost a 5th round pick essentially.

Marshawn Lynch must be able to be had for that same price, or less, with his misconduct suspensions under his belt.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Grant, always have but I would kill for a McCluster play making type out of the backfield. Not to replace Grant but to spell.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I love Grant, always have but I would kill for a McCluster play making type out of the backfield. Not to replace Grant but to spell.
Me too, but Dimitri Nance is what we're getting. That's it.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I mocked them Jaquizz a few weeks ago....he or Devine would look sick with their speed in that offense. Spread things out and give it to them on a draw, watch him burn through defenses.

Scares me as a Bears fan.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maroney blows, I'm glad the Pack didn't try for him. He dances waaaay too much in the backfield. Lynch or Fred Jackson would be their best bet if they were to look for a RB

again though, with how Thompson operates, I'm not holding my breathe on a trade coming anytime soon, if at all
Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, just leave Fred Jackson's name out of this thread. No reason to even speculate on that.

And trust me, Lynch's movements in the backfield aren't that much better. He has the tough-running reputation, but all he usually does is dance and then run directly into a guard.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Please, just leave Fred Jackson's name out of this thread. No reason to even speculate on that.

And trust me, Lynch's movements in the backfield aren't that much better. He has the tough-running reputation, but all he usually does is dance and then run directly into a guard.
If the Bills aren't going to use Jackson much, they might as well trade him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Let's see what Jackson can do. If there's one aspect he's better at than Grant it's pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield which could help Rodgers out.

I bet we'll see a lot of Quinn Johnson/John Kuhn combo this Sunday.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

The Packers don't need a running back until Week 7 or so, let's see how we hold up. Our schedule is WEAK for the opening half.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?
I don't like him a ton, but we're really weak at the position so I'd definitely take him if the price is right.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
He wouldn't be bad in the ZBS plus our RB coach was very high on him coming out. It's not like he'd be expensive, either. And the fact he's available may be why you're seeing his name a lot.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's better than Adrian Peterson. Oh wait...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GB only keep 2 HB's on the roster? Why in the world would any team with half a brain do that.
Probably because they figure they can find a good productive back on someones practice squad. It really seems like the only backs worth drafting are the ones who have some truly special qualities, otherwise you can just find the Arian Foster, Ryan Grant or Willie Parkers in the middle of nowhere.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay's answer.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Green Bay's answer.
Currently on the PUP list.