Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're forgetting Jamaal Charles, making it 14.
But he actually only listed 12, bringing us back to 13.

Unless Fred Jackson is just assumed, which would make sense.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're forgetting Jamaal Charles, making it 14.

I was including him in the group of guys who haven't proven enough yet. But going forward yes I would absolutely take him over Grant. He's a stud.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

You had to be that guy didn't you.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He might as well said "I have no faith in Brandon Jackson what so ever".
I expected him to say that about Lynch, they both went to Cal and played together, not really surprising to me. Though I would be surprised if they didn't bring someone else in honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

He's in the Jamaal Charles league of guys being benched for less than awesome guys in front of them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's in the Jamaal Charles league of guys being benched for less than awesome guys in front of them.
A fantastic statement about an unfortunate fact.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running backs are easy to replace compared to everything else. The loss of a consistent and reliable back like Grant hurts, but it won't kill their season.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well this is an inconvenience for my fantasy team.
I had Grant in 3 different leagues. FML

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Oh come on now. Guys off the top of my head I would rather have-

Peterson
CJ
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Cedric Benson
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Pierre Thomas
MJD

13 guys without giving it much thought and not including guys who haven't proven anything yet and will be better. That's average.
Get the **** out of here with Pierre Thomas and Cedric Benson.

Here's the post I made in the Packers forum earlier today.

Quote:
Why the **** do people refuse to give Ryan Grant any credit at all? 23rd? No ******* way.

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Maurice Jones-Drew
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Ray Rice

Those are the guys that are better than Ryan Grant

Rashard Mendenhall
Jamaal Charles
Jonathan Stewart

Those are the guys that are just behind/even to Ryan Grant

Ryan Grant is a top 12 back, no matter how much this forum wants to hate him.

Last edited by GB12 : 09-16-2010 at 12:23 AM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Get the **** out of here with Pierre Thomas and Cedric Benson.

Here's the post I made in the Packers forum earlier today.

I didn't even scan over it that long, and noticed you left off Ray Rice. I won't make too much of a big deal about it because I'm sure it was a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierre Thomas >>> Grant

Better runner and better pass catcher.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I didn't even scan over it that long, and noticed you left off Ray Rice. I won't make too much of a big deal about it because I'm sure it was a mistake.
Hm, I even know I thought of him when writing that, I must have just missed actually type his name.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Benson is borderline and I do think he was overrated last year, but Pierre Thomas is a much better all around player than Ryan Grant. Great receiver out of the backfield and not any less of a runner than Grant. Grant doesn't have great speed, power, moves, or anything really. He has pretty good vision and hits the whole as hard as he can until first contact. The number of running backs in the league who can do that is too many to count.

Guys that haven't proven enough but will be better in a year or two-
Beanie Wells
Jamaal Charles
Felix Jones if he stays healthy
Jahvid Best
Lesean McCoy
Shonne Greene

Last edited by yo123 : 09-16-2010 at 10:18 AM.