Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-14-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2-Philadelphia at Detroit (+4)

Kolb has a concussion so they should be up against Vick. Lions will be getting Levy back at MLB. Philly is weak on the offensive line and secondary. Avril left with a knee injury on Sunday, not sure if he will be able to go. Shaun Hill isn't that great but similar to Jon Kitna in that he knows to just keep throwing to Calvin. With the home field advantage I like the Lions +4.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
Lions- 10
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOltheLions? View Post
No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
Lions- 10
Booooo....

I actually think the Lions have a good chance in this one. Home field, defensive line is strong, Hill will have a week to practice and learn the game plan, (as opposed to hearing at halftime "your'e the guy.").

I'm beaming with Lions optimism.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm betting the farm on philly. only 4 pts. we have important corners who haven't really practiced with out team yet, plus philly has speed wrs who should be able to torch us deep. plus that eagles defense is great. we're getting picked off 4 times.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weak O-line, you say? A possible Suh-prise?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.
Agreed, if I were a Detroit fan, I'd rather face Kolb.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way the Lions are going to have a shot in this one is to control the clock, meaning that Jahvid and more importantly the O-line are going to need to come up big. Real big.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vick is being overrated right now. He should still have a pretty good game, but I don't foresee him leading a blowout. Who knows though? I think that if Shaun Hill is any better than terrible, we can keep the Eagles from winning by more than 10 points. Right now, I'm thinking the Eagles win 24-16.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have

Philly (W)
at Minny (L)
at Green Bay (L)
St. Louis (W)
at New York
BYE
Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to this game. Another game we could steal just like the Bears game and 2-4 in the first 6 games would make me happy.

Levy practiced two days in a row so hopefully he is back to help with the short stuff to McCoy and Celek and shadowing Vick. Bradley may be out but the Eagles will still be hard to run against with Bunkley/Patterson. Just need a couple random holes for Best to break one, especially with Sims overpursuit on plays. The Lions Oline has to run block way better for us to have any chance. Cole/Graham/Parker will be even tougher to block but Backus has to redeem himself.

We can't give up 300 yards passing to Vick. He was one QB we should limit passing at least but he has some weapons for sure. No big plays from slants to Jackson or Maclin.

Hopefully after last weeks heart break and the home opener/sell out they can put enough together to win/steal the game. Glad we picked up Hill as hopefully he's a competent backup. That last drive against Chicago showed a glimpse of that I hope.

And once again we need turnovers. Don't care how we get them. Really glad KVB chases down plays like a mad man and Vick holds the ball out when he runs.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
We have

Philly (W)
at Minny (L)
at Green Bay (L)
St. Louis (W)
at New York
BYE
Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).
to be honest I'd prefer if we leave Staff for NY. We're most likely losing that game anyway and that Giants O-line is able to re-injure Matthew in an instant. Give him the extra two weeks (Giants game + BYE) and set him back in for the Skins game, which we could actually win.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: Eagles 27, Lions 21
Old 09-19-2010, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Game day! I'm gonna go with... the upset

Eagles 21 - Lions 24

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys Ill be heading to the game today and got front row seats! I got my Reggie White Jersey and will be attending my first Eagles game ever. Feel guilty about rooting for my Eagles against the Lions but I promise Ill go the Thanks Giving game and root for the Lions then.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ernie Sims is back in Detroit , forgot about that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The refs are starting to hold back this team. I'm not kidding, the refs don't respect us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Shaun Hill.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Best 5 rush 74 yards 1 TD

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

6 plays, 76 yards all on the ground?

Whoa now.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

That is the first successfully executed screen pass by the Lions since Barry was playing.

Best owns.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

All the Lion fans that over drafted Best in fantasy leagues are breathing easy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense needs to step up and stop this drive, but I'm proud of the fight from the team.

Leave nothing on the field.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FML, Delmas re-injured his groin. We really can't catch a ******* break.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

offensive pass interference?

sig by BoneKrusher