Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Help! Our OL sucks!

I've posted in several threads about how bad the Colts OL is this year. I think it will become painfully clear against the Giants this Sunday. But people argue the Raiders, or Chiefs, or some other OL is worse. I find this hard to believe, but it is hard to really get to know other teams' OL. So tell me why your OL sucks.

For the Colts:

LT - Charlie Johnson was a career backup but 1st rounder Tony Ugoh was so horrible he had to step in to start. He is maybe 60-70% healthy and had to limp slowly off the field after the game.
LG - Jamey Richard was like a 6th round pick or something ridiculous. One of three centers taken in 08. In 08 he subbed for Jeff Saturday and looked ok but at guard he is beyond horrible. Too small, too weak, too tentative.
C - Jeff Saturday is 90 years old and has had multiple knee surgeries since 08.
RG - Mike Pollak is a 2nd rounder but might as well be Jamey Richard. A center taken in the 08 draft, he's again too small, weak, and tentative to play OL in the NFL. Strangely he has looked ok at center but Saturday isn't going to be replaced until he retires.
RT - Ryan Diem is soooooo slow. He can't keep up with future HOFers like Derrick Burgess, Leonard Little, or Antonio Smith. As big as he is he can't run block either. He gets abused regularly. He is also overpaid.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints OL.... Bushrod gets dominated by Ware? Pretty much it.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have won 12 games a year for like the last 20 years I don't feel sorry for them one bit to be honest.

As for the Chiefs their OL doesn't suck their QB does.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20% (1/5th) of the Cowboys front 5 OL sucks, & his name is Barron. He's the one who clotheslines passrushers & costs his teams Ws.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have a word with Belichick and we''ll trade you Logan Mankins for Dwight Freeney.

Patriots:

Matt Light, LT-Still more than serviceable at LT however he never was as good as the press clippings from 2007 led you to believe. Maybe has one more year as a starter before Vollmer takes over.

Dan Connolly, LG-Down to the 3rd string guard, I'm actually not too worried about him. The issue comes with depth at the position. Actually one of the better pulling guards around he does struggle when having to play in a phonebooth.

Dan Koppen, OC-The best way to describe Koppen is mediocre. He does well with the line calls etc however he really struggles against big NTs. Could definitely be upgraded.

Stephen Neal, RG-A big, mean, nasty son-of-a-***** Neal's problem is he can't give you a full season. A great mauler in the run game but he can be exposed one on one.

Sebastian Vollmer, RT-One of my favourite draft picks in recent years(not at the time) Vollmer is an animal. He has very good feet and is good in pass protection. However he really shines in run blocking and is a real road grader.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Colts have won 12 games a year for like the last 20 years I don't feel sorry for them one bit to be honest.

our OL sucked the first possesion of the game
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've posted in several threads about how bad the Colts OL is this year. I think it will become painfully clear against the Giants this Sunday. But people argue the Raiders, or Chiefs, or some other OL is worse. I find this hard to believe, but it is hard to really get to know other teams' OL. So tell me why your OL sucks.

For the Colts:

LT - Charlie Johnson was a career backup but 1st rounder Tony Ugoh was so horrible he had to step in to start. He is maybe 60-70% healthy and had to limp slowly off the field after the game.
LG - Jamey Richard was like a 6th round pick or something ridiculous. One of three centers taken in 08. In 08 he subbed for Jeff Saturday and looked ok but at guard he is beyond horrible. Too small, too weak, too tentative.
C - Jeff Saturday is 90 years old and has had multiple knee surgeries since 08.
RG - Mike Pollak is a 2nd rounder but might as well be Jamey Richard. A center taken in the 08 draft, he's again too small, weak, and tentative to play OL in the NFL. Strangely he has looked ok at center but Saturday isn't going to be replaced until he retires.
RT - Ryan Diem is soooooo slow. He can't keep up with future HOFers like Derrick Burgess, Leonard Little, or Antonio Smith. As big as he is he can't run block either. He gets abused regularly. He is also overpaid.

Hope you have fun with these guys.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm despite an invitation for everyone to ***** this is still a colts forum thread. I'd rather complain about special teams and pass rush anyway.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Hope you have fun with these guys.

I don't even wanna think about those freaks and Kiwi abusing this line. If P Manning makes it through the 4th I will call it a draw at least, whatever the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'll have a word with Belichick and we''ll trade you Logan Mankins for Dwight Freeney.
Probably not, Freeney is what makes the defense go. But yeah I'd love to take that problem child off your hands, he isn't buying the Patriot Way.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 09-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Hm despite an invitation for everyone to ***** this is still a colts forum thread. I'd rather complain about special teams and pass rush anyway.
You should have plenty to say CCSD. How's the protection holding up without McNeil? Has your RT (no idea who it is) slid to LT or are you guys using a second string player?

Also, there are like 3 active posters in the Colts forum so please don't ask me to go there.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The talent at skill positions a lot of times makes Colts' O-Line look better then what it really is.

A lot of people look at Addai's recent numbers and think he has regressed significantly since 07/08 season. But if you look at the game film, you'd see that's not the case.

The O-Line that he is running behind right now is largely different. And that includes the holdovers such as Saturday and Diem, who aren't the same players anymore.

It's REALLY difficult for a RB to put up big numbers when he has to break tackles just to get to the line of scrimmage every time.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ugh. One game. One game this year. Give him time.

And our OL got a lot better once we added Wiegmann and Lilja, so go us.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ugh. One game. One game this year. Give him time.

And our OL got a lot better once we added Wiegmann and Lilja, so go us.
Bill "The Idiot" Polian says you're welcome.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only time I would give Matt Cassel is until he gets replaced.

The Colts are in a lot of trouble with how one dimensional their offense is, how weak their running game, O-Line and defense are. Tennessee and Houston look really strong as well. I can't believe it but they may not make the playoffs this year. I guess it really is a new decade.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if this is in pro football, instead of the Colts board, I'm not looking forward to watching Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer obliterate the Bears line. The Bears did a terrible job of finishing the play against the Lions.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bill "The Idiot" Polian says you're welcome.
We really do appreciate it. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Well if this is in pro football, instead of the Colts board, I'm not looking forward to watching Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer obliterate the Bears line. The Bears did a terrible job of finishing the play against the Lions.
Puzzling how they paid a king's ransom for Cutler and have done little to protect him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how you can throw the offensive line under the bus for the Superbowl and then not make a single addition to it.

Bill Polian is an idiot ginger. I hate that man more than anybody in professional sports.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Colts are in a lot of trouble with how one dimensional their offense is, how weak their running game, O-Line and defense are & b/c the Human Eggshell Sanders is done for the yr. again.
Fixed it for you.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-17-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Fixed it for you.
Did you mean Sanders? Mathis isn't injury prone really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I don't understand how you can throw the offensive line under the bus for the Superbowl and then not make a single addition to it.

Bill Polian is an idiot ginger. I hate that man more than anybody in professional sports.
I can't blame you. He is the architect of my team and I can't stand him. What a prick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-17-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade us Addai or Brown and we'll give you Spitz, maybe Lang, or Colledge +/- a pick. Spitz can play all 3 interior spots, Lang can play anywhere really, and Colledge can play LG and RT. Plus they are all young but logged a lot of game day PT. That would be a great trade for us, dunno how important having Addai and Brown is for you guys though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Trade us Addai or Brown and we'll give you Spitz, maybe Lang, or Colledge +/- a pick. Spitz can play all 3 interior spots, Lang can play anywhere really, and Colledge can play LG and RT. Plus they are all young but logged a lot of game day PT. That would be a great trade for us, dunno how important having Addai and Brown is for you guys though.
If any of those three are decent I'd trade Brown for him. Brown isn't the right kind of RB for us. Though it is weird talking about trading for a GB lineman considering all the flak they took last year for sucking.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Fixed it again.

The Colts are more in trouble from that one-dimensional offense though. Team Peyton is all about Manning's arm yet it was always Addai's running & Edge's before that bailing them out. Maybe if Manning offers to take a pay cut so they can draft an elite OLT Polian would take the hint..... nah, he's oblivious. Oblivion runs in the Polian family's gene pool. Ask the FB fans in Baltimore how they feel about the Polians.....

Apparently there are like 10-12 teams with OL injuries, rookies starting (SF 9ers), have multiple false starts or just can't stop pass rushers period. Chicago may be the worst & drafted help in the 7th rd (J'Marcus Webb, W. Texas A&M), at least the GB Packers drafted help & are started a rookie with Bulaga, the 9ers have 2 OL rookies starting, they take a while to learn the position but at least help has arrived & learning. Jerry Angelo is a drafting ignoramus for Bears.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-17-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offensive line doesn't really suck that bad anymore.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If any of those three are decent I'd trade Brown for him. Brown isn't the right kind of RB for us. Though it is weird talking about trading for a GB lineman considering all the flak they took last year for sucking.
Entering last year we had 4 starting quality players and this year we have 8 IMO. We added Tauscher, Bulaga, Spitz came back from IR, and Lang was a rookie who took half a year to get going/get discovered. Lang played very solid at LT. He's probably most natural at RT, he got some consideration at LG, and some people even think C is is best position. Spitz was our best interior OL for 2-3 years until we got Sitton. Colledge has started for like 3 years at LG for us and he's up or down every year. His rookie year he looked like a future pro bowler, last year he got beat a lot.

We have 2 OTs that are on the edge of retirement so we stocked up on talent for the past 5 years or so. We are going to need them but right now I'd give one up for a good RB for the sake of this year. Right now we have a lot of young guys who are fringe starters but we know they are going to start once a spot opens up, they already proved they could while being young and not ready and even playing out of position. Those 3 guys would definitely start for the Colts right now and they are young. We probably like Lang too much to give him up though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote