Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your right, it has been one game, and it be nice if you didn't go from one extreme to the other. After the pre-season all you talked about was how he was about to get cut, you hated the pick, he couldn't read a defense, take a snap from under center, throw an out route, and a million other conclusions you jumped to before the regular season had even got here.

Changing your tune already? Now he's played better then Sam Bradford.
If you watched the preseason games with him, you'd understand.

I am amazed at how well he played all things considered.

And I don't think he's necessarily better than Bradford... just that Bradford's YPA is incredibly low
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
If you watched the preseason games with him, you'd understand.

I am amazed at how well he played all things considered.

And I don't think he's necessarily better than Bradford... just that Bradford's YPA is incredibly low
Really? If you end up crying about a rookie's YPA numbers then you know you're reaching. Sanchez is only at 6.2 (guess what? he's still a young QB developing!). Matt Ryan, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco are all at 6.8 or less.

5.8 isn't that bad. It feels like you're just trying to brag about McCoy 8.52.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Freakin Amendola.

Say it with me guys. Danny Amendola.

He should win ROY just for the sole reason that his best WR is Danny Amendola.

Danny.

Amendola.

He made Mark Clayton look like he belongs in the league.

I mean come on. Seriously.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amendola isn't a bad WR though. I liked him coming out in college, and I liked him when he was on the Cowboys PS....I felt like if he could get to a team where he could get work out of the slot, he'd be Welker 2.0 and he's looking like it now.

That said.....Bradford is still impressing. I give a lot of credit to the Rams for designing an offense he can succeed in.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats don't work for a rookie QB, especially one on a team as bad as the Rams. Trent Edwards was hated because he checked down a lot, but he was on a team with TO, Lee Evans, etc. and couldn't get the ball downfield. Plus, he wasn't always unpopular, he was even viewed as a bright spot for quite a while. Low YPA as a rookie really isn't a problem. He's making plays that are allowing the Rams to not only be competitive, but actually win games.
With Danny freaking Amendola, as BBD kindly pointed out.

Of course, 2-3 years down the line, if he's still at ~6 ypa, it's time to re-evaluate. But the dude's a rookie. It's okay to throw INTs and have a low YPA when you're a rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Stats don't work for a rookie QB, especially one on a team as bad as the Rams. Trent Edwards was hated because he checked down a lot, but he was on a team with TO, Lee Evans, etc. and couldn't get the ball downfield. Plus, he wasn't always unpopular, he was even viewed as a bright spot for quite a while. Low YPA as a rookie really isn't a problem. He's making plays that are allowing the Rams to not only be competitive, but actually win games.
With Danny freaking Amendola, as BBD kindly pointed out.

Of course, 2-3 years down the line, if he's still at ~6 ypa, it's time to re-evaluate. But the dude's a rookie. It's okay to throw INTs and have a low YPA when you're a rookie.
He was throwing it downfield when he had Clayton, and when he had Avery. The guy just has absolutely no one to throw downfield to. That's the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Amendola isn't a bad WR though. I liked him coming out in college, and I liked him when he was on the Cowboys PS....I felt like if he could get to a team where he could get work out of the slot, he'd be Welker 2.0 and he's looking like it now.

That said.....Bradford is still impressing. I give a lot of credit to the Rams for designing an offense he can succeed in.
I like Danny too, but as a 3rd option in the slot, the guy who can get you 5 yards and a cloud of dust on a screen pass/quick slant/misdirection route.

Not as a #1 who will get the opposition's best CB and possibly a safety or inside/outside coverage underneath.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford's poise and leadership are unreal. He is as cool as Joe Montana was. He just doesn't get rattled. You people that are hating on him don't have a clue.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, you can tell by watching Bradford that he's gonna be a good one. His ypa and ints aren't that hot, but they aren't that bad either considering he's a rookie and playing for the Rams. The Rams are competing and winning games and Bradford is a huge reason why.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How well is he playing? 2nd in INTs and 30th in yards per attempt?
Awesome, he's still the best looking rookie QB playing in the NFL right now. But maybe the rams should of just cut him in the preseason........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
it doesn't matter what's actually happening in games, 5.8 y/a means he sucks. stop trying to imply that i need something other than box scores to know who's good.
Dude, you're just saying that bc you have the 2nd best QB in the league, Kyle Orton. Look at the yards.

Champion.

Ship.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it doesn't matter what's actually happening in games, 5.8 y/a means he sucks. stop trying to imply that i need something other than box scores to know who's good.
Where did I say he sucks? All I said was he isn't playing as well as some people would have you believe.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hall of fame! teh ortonzz.

ugh. but, predictably, every paper this morning: "ZOMGZ TEBOW! SHOULD HE BE STARTING!?!??!"
hahaha just imagine what they'd say if you had won.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Where did I say he sucks? All I said was he isn't playing as well as some people would have you believe.
What rookie quarterback is playing better right now?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow has yet to throw an incompletion. He is the obvious choice at starter.

PS, know how many incompletions Bradford has? 101.

You be the judge.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
based solely on his box scores. regardless, it wasn't personally directed. this is a recurring forum theme.
It's 6 games worth of information in the NFL. I don't think that's an unfair sample size to determine the guy isn't a superstar yet.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
it's still completely irrelevant, in absence of any other information. is kyle orton really an mvp candidate?
What does one thing have to do with the other?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This is a terrible argument.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
max hall tbqh

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

When the highlight of your career is a fumble, I'm not sure there's much basis for being ranked higher than Sam Bradford.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
if you're going to look solely at box scores, the answer should be obvious.
The MVP is the perceived value of a player to his team against other players' perceived value on their teams, which takes statistics and team success against other players statistics and team success.

The discussion of how well Bradford is playing is evaluating his play and his play alone.

There's no connection here.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
yes, there's no connection whatsoever between suggesting one guy is the MVP based solely on his box scores, and suggesting a player sucks, based solely on his box scores. absolutely brilliant. nice work.
again, I haven't said he sucks. Hasn't happened. You even admitted the fact I haven't, then asserted I did...

All I've said is he isn't playing as well as some have suggested.

And it's not like I can break down tape on here to show why
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's still completely irrelevant, in absence of any other information. is kyle orton really an mvp candidate?
Can I say Kyle Orton is an MVP candidate?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

Clausen would also do better in a different offense IMO..something not so play action based.
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpanther22 View Post
Clausen would also do better in a different offense IMO..something not so play action based.
The panthers offense playbook is the same as the one at ND, even Jimmy Clausen said it(only a little bigger). The panther OC was taught by charlie Weis so lets not use this excuse.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The panthers offense playbook is the same as the one at ND, even Jimmy Clausen said it(only a little bigger). The panther OC was taught by charlie Weis so lets not use this excuse.
Exactly, it's just an easy cop out. After the draft everyone(especially Panthers fans) were so excited because the offense was a great fit, and so were the surrounding weapons. Funny how all that changes when he struggles.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote