Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated this game. The play calling was so bad.. Bad tackling.. Every time we had a good gain on offense, it was called back because of Holding, and every time we defended a pass it was Pass Interference. Our defense just sucks, CC Brown sucks and Jonathan Wade sucks, and we have no dang-darn-diddly-darn-dang-ding-dong-diddly-darned linebackers.

The whole game was actually really boring and frustrating, and I couldn't wait for it to end. It reminded me of the Harrington Era where you could just tell early on that it was gonna be a long, hopeless game. Hopefully Stafford and Best are ready soon..

Last edited by WMD : 09-27-2010 at 02:20 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why some thought we'd win this game. I'm not even sure our squad at full-health was gonna beat a Vikings team in minny (that was put into a corner waiting to lash out).

I'm not gonna trip on anything until we get Staff back.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The losing sucks and I too can't wait for Stafford to get back, not to mention Best getting healthy again.

LB's and secondary were basically lit up again, but that comes as no surprise.

Two things really irked me about this game:

1. I don't know if this is a result of Linehan's play calling or Hill's play, but the Lions basically ignored Megatron until the 4th quarter, and they STILL aren't taking shots down the field with him. Maybe one? You look at offenses with the likes of Andre Johnson on the roster, they make use of the dude. Let the playmaker make plays. Make a point of it. CJ must be livid with the lack of looks he's been getting.

2. Jahvid gains 150+ yards on basically screens the week prior and then the play gets erased from the playbook the following week. I just don't get it.

Anyone heard anything lately on Stafford's timetable to return?

Patrick Peterson will look REALLY good in Lions uni next season...

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is the first play of every game not a "Go route" to Calvin 40 yards down the field?

What a waste.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Where was Aaron Brown? He's like a mini Best. He had a good game last week but ignored this week? In the opening drive Best didn't touch the ball. Morris ran on first down and they passed on the others. They were leading 7-0 when Logan muffed a punt and Favre threw a TD to an uncovered Harvin. Lions definitely had a chance to win that game.

-Linehan needs to run screens to Best until they stop working and Hill needs to force it to Calvin until they start picking him off. Hill has had INTs but they haven't been because he is forcing it to Calvin. WRs need to get in to a rhythm, you can't target him in the first quarter and then ignore him until the third.

-Pettigrew had a bad game. He is soft for his size and was having trouble holding on to the ball.

-Give Rob Sims and Scheffler long term deals.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Best is "Day to Day".. He's aiming to play this week, but I'd hold him out of the game just as a precaution. Green Bay will destroy us either way.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Apparently Best is "Day to Day".. He's aiming to play this week, but I'd hold him out of the game just as a precaution. Green Bay will destroy us either way.
yeah might as well spare Best the brutal hits he'll get from GB... damn it sucks to be a lions fan this season.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delmas on Sunday :O
Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
yeah might as well spare Best the brutal hits he'll get from GB... damn it sucks to be a lions fan this season.
The draft is only 7 months away!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shot ourselves in the foot. The Vikings especially the back 7 played really well though along with Peterson. They didn't get much pressure but we just couldn't move the ball. Hill first pick was bad at the end of the game how did he not see Leber. Our Dline played well again except for the 80 yard run which is on Avril and CC Brown.

We had 2 more turnovers, one was bad call on the Houston int/PI that led to the Vikes FG and Suh hitting Favres head on that fumble is just unfortunate that led to the second Vikings td eventually. But that second td drive by the Vikings was good by them. The Stefan Logan fumble is just a typical Lion play. Up 7-0 get a stop then the fumble, next play blown coverage by CC Brown for a td.

Best being banged up just isn't good even if its day to day. We need him and its going to be a nagging turf toe injury.

Some of the play calling was suspect for sure. The 3rd and 2 run by Morris was just terrible call up the middle. What a swing there because after that punt is the 80 yard run.

Backus did well against Jared Allen.

At Green Bay is not going to be pretty without Stafford and possibly Best. Glad all the away division games will be out of the way. Improvement starting against the Rams hopefully but even the Rams looked good beating the Skins. Didn't like the regression this week though.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backus has actually been pretty good again this year. A lot of people overreacted to the sack he gave up to Peppers. That was the only sack he' given up through three games. He looked real solid against Philadelphia and pretty much shut down Jared Allen yesterday. I'm still pissed because he got Stafford hurt, but I have to give him credit for playing well overall. We'll see how he does against Clay Matthews next week.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I would just use the Green Bay game as a week to rest our best guys. Rest Suh, KVB, Delmas, Levy, Calvin, Sims, and Backus. Don't play Jahvid Best either.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I hated this game. The play calling was so bad.. Bad tackling.. Every time we had a good gain on offense, it was called back because of Holding, and every time we defended a pass it was Pass Interference. Our defense just sucks, CC Brown sucks and Jonathan Wade sucks, and we have no dang-darn-diddly-darn-dang-ding-dong-diddly-darned linebackers.

The whole game was actually really boring and frustrating, and I couldn't wait for it to end. It reminded me of the Harrington Era where you could just tell early on that it was gonna be a long, hopeless game. Hopefully Stafford and Best are ready soon..
I agree with you on this, this game was just painful to watch.

I'm starting to get tired of this team coming out like gangbusters in the first quarter, and then self destruct at the end of the half. Three straight weeks now, just frustrates me.

The play calling by Linehan, and Schwartz was atrocious. I understand Best was out and it screwed with our offense, but how in the hell can you justify a two minute drill with decent field position, and not go for a touchdown? That makes no sense to me, its a 17-10 game, and you decide to play for a FG. Last time I checked that means your still down by four. So you still need a TD to even take the lead. So here is good idea, throw in the endzone twice and maybe you could actually tie the game going into the second half? If that failed at least you would have some time left to hit a field goal, instead of just letting time run off

My problem is that they called just for the three points. What message does that give the players? Your not good to pick up those 20 yards for the touchdown? Yeah Shaun has thrown a couple picks, but if your worried about that why in the hell did you dress and start them? Then at the press conference on Monday was a joke. Schwartz said he wouldn't do it differently if he had the shot, he still would of went for three.

To me this is Jim Schwartz's signature moment has head coach for the Detroit Lions. To me honestly that press conference had writing on the walls for him. He really reminded me of Rod, and Mooch. and Marty on their last days getting ready for their executions. Now I'm starting to doubt Schwartz, and to me the guards just opened up the cell door, and they're walking him to the blocks.

Reasons why

Missing Tackles
Seriously, players should know this, but if they keep missing tackles non stop, take the whole entire f*cking week and just tackle dummies. Not very productive, but they might actually take a player down once in awhile

Taking Penalties
Take another week and show the players the right way, There is no reason to give so many yards on Penalties. Specially if your a bad team, they'll destroy you. Each and every week you see the yellow hankie coming out on every other play.

Play Calling
Defensibly I cant say anything to bad on that, the back seven lets admit they are below average and you can really say one way or another. Front four has done good, and really one of the only bright spots on this team. Offensively I have to say I have been somewhat un-impressed with it. Running game is better because of Best, but passing what are they doing? Are they forgetting we have a 6'5" receiver out there? Throw it up and let him get it, Calvin getting the ball three-five times a game isn't going to cut it at all, if that's all their willing to give, trade him then and get proper pieces. Extreme, I know, I love Megatron, and hope they keep him but you got to starting throwing the ball to him.

2-17-0 Record
Last year we are bad, but lets face it the NFL is about the win/loss column. There is no way a coach would keep his job with this type of record. Talent isn't there yet, but somebody needs to be responsible for it. I'm tired of this team being below average, and they just keep feeding us below average expectations.

Last edited by nmb1114 : 09-28-2010 at 01:47 AM.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I for one think we should just stick with Schwartz. yes there have been errors but it's hardly his FAULT that the lions are losing so much. As far as I'm concerned he's brought the lions back to a place where they can dissapoint, and I attribute it to the drafting done by him and mayhew.

aside from missing Oher, they've been doing a great job essentially rebuilding from scratch a franchise. This is no time to break that curve because our bad team is losing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Schwartz will get an extra year besides the typical Lions 3 year stint for coaches. Schwartz gets 4 years to prove something with the Millen mess he inherited.

We'll see what coordinators are available but Stafford isn't even playing now. I need to see the offense improve with Stafford before we think about losing Linehan. Gunther is a crazy old man but Schwartz and him are on the same page. The back 7 is just too awful to really judge his capabilities IMO. We're getting pressure and turnovers at least. Baby steps.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote