Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCLA only passed 8 times for 27 yards...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Moore should be getting more Heisman buzz
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he was talking looks. As far as who he is as a player, he's Ty Detmer reincarnated. Pretty much the exact same player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Kellen Moore should be getting more Heisman buzz
Agreed but the whole Boise doesn't play anybody is going to come up. At the end of the day, he'll be in New York come December.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Personally, I don't see either. Both have a much stronger arm than Moore. I see more of Dorsey/Brunell combination.
I meant facially, not playing-wise, haha.
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Oh haha, I was gunna say....

Sig by BoneKrusher
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
He also has an extremely deep voice for a guy his size and the way he looks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I don't see either. Both have a much stronger arm than Moore. I see more of Dorsey/Brunell combination.
I see a mix of Elway and Peyton Manning....

....but thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed but the whole Boise doesn't play anybody is going to come up. At the end of the day, he'll be in New York come December.
Which is a load of crap.

There are 2 conferences with automatic BCS bids that would struggle playing the WAC about now
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Go Eagles77, I agree, he sort of does look like cross of Eli and Cutler.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but holy ****, stay classy, Jim Tressel. Pad those stats against Eastern Michigan.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Cam Newton is good, I really like him. He is raw in terms of mechanics but his feel for the game, his clutch-ness, his athletic ability and his tools. Newton has that 'it' factor, he is a gamer. Get him to a team that can develop QBs and you've got a real good QB on your hands.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Cam Newton is good, I really like him. He is raw in terms of mechanics but his feel for the game, his clutch-ness, his athletic ability and his tools. Newton has that 'it' factor, he is a gamer. Get him to a team that can develop QBs and you've got a real good QB on your hands.
We've gotta see more, but there's a lot to like about what he brings to to table.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I know I'm late to the party on this, but holy ****, stay classy, Jim Tressel. Pad those stats against Eastern Michigan.
Seriously?

Michigan's starting OLine played basically the entire game against Bowling Green.

And they were still throwing the ball late in the game going after that stupid yardage record.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scheduling is one of the things I'd definitely change if I got to be NCAAF czar. No more playing 1-AA teams at all...and your out of conference games will be scheduled on a rotating basis against other "BCS" conferences. (I call them that because there wouldn't be a BCS anymore if I were in charge....regardless...)

One year, the top 6 of the Big 10 from the past year would play the team in another "BCS" conference that finished in the same spot. And it would change every year...one year they might play at their counterpart in the PAC 10 while they host their counterpart from the SEC. Or something like that.

Does anyone seriously enjoy these 70 point blowouts vs. teams that have no ******* chance in hell? Honestly??
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Scheduling is one of the things I'd definitely change if I got to be NCAAF czar. No more playing 1-AA teams at all...and your out of conference games will be scheduled on a rotating basis against other "BCS" conferences. (I call them that because there wouldn't be a BCS anymore if I were in charge....regardless...)

One year, the top 6 of the Big 10 from the past year would play the team in another "BCS" conference that finished in the same spot. And it would change every year...one year they might play at their counterpart in the PAC 10 while they host their counterpart from the SEC. Or something like that.

Does anyone seriously enjoy these 70 point blowouts vs. teams that have no ******* chance in hell? Honestly??
I bet the crappy schools like getting blown out because they're getting fat paychecks. And that's why things probably will never change, because it's all about the $$$.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That would be a better way to do it in the interests of fans and people watching the games for sure. Pointless football kind of sucks. As mentioned, it's all about the cash though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Just athletic directors who want a nice payday and coaches that want a free win.

Unfortunately, Purdue lost to Toledo. Normally, the MAC has a better showing than this year, but the Big Ten is pretty good and the MAC is pretty bad.

I wish teams would schedule more difficult opponents, but I do find it interesting that people like Chris Fowler decide to call out the Big Ten this week. At least the MAC is Division I. Call out the SEC for playing train stops like Chattanooga and Jacksonville State. No, the fact you play in the SEC Conference is not a good enough excuse to play cupcakes the rest of the season.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I bet the crappy schools like getting blown out because they're getting fat paychecks. And that's why things probably will never change, because it's all about the $$$.
Sadly, this is the truth.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven ******* Threet is leading ASU over Oregon.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luckily, I think we're headed for a BCS train-wreck. Maybe not this year, though there's a good chance of it...but I think it will happen within the next 5 years.

And when it does, I think it's going to lead to change. Maybe nothing major...something gradual at first...but someday we're going to see college football move in an intelligent direction. Media, and possibly even political, pressure are going to make it happen sooner or later.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Michigan - producing every other program's QB since 2008.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Michigan - producing every other program's QB since 2008.
They're like the Atlanta Falcons of college football. Favre, Vick, Schaub and Ryan all started games last week......Atlanta drafted 1/8 of the league's starting QBs. Pretty crazy.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Luckily, I think we're headed for a BCS train-wreck. Maybe not this year, though there's a good chance of it...but I think it will happen within the next 5 years.

And when it does, I think it's going to lead to change. Maybe nothing major...something gradual at first...but someday we're going to see college football move in an intelligent direction. Media, and possibly even political, pressure are going to make it happen sooner or later.
Actually, the BCS could be in trouble from our good friends at the IRS.

Basically only the Rose Bowl is doing things on the level.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Hell yes he is, and that TD pass was a beauty.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote