Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Oregon's offence arouses me.
so aroused that you forgot how to spell offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yes, seriously. Call me crazy, but it's probably not necessary to give your QB 33 touches against Eastern Michigan.

Three quarters, the same amount that Terrelle Pryor played.

Michigan's three quarterbacks tallied as many pass attempts as Pryor did by himself. (Tate Forcier was 12/12, Devin Gardner 7/10, and Denard Robinson 4/4.) Michigan threw once in the fourth quarter and that was a 3-yard pass.
You are whining about running up the score? You have one of the slimiest CFB coaches in recent memory and you are dissing JT? Aren't you also the guy that crapped on Dantonio when he had the heart attack?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
You are whining about running up the score? You have one of the slimiest CFB coaches in recent memory and you are dissing JT? Aren't you also the guy that crapped on Dantonio when he had the heart attack?
No, he didn't. If I remember correctly he called him a douche; however, illustrated the fact that he would never wish a heart attack on another human being.

Anyway, I read from a poster on the ESPN forums that JT wasn't happy about EMU diving at Pryor's knees and wanted to make them pay.

Not stating that as a fact by any stretch of the imagination, just something I read.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tressel does the same thing in every blowout - plays his starters 3 quarters and then puts in the scrubs. This usually involves the entire second team offense getting one series in the first half as well, even before the game is all the way out of hand. Nothing unclassy about playing 3 quarters. Besides Tress is like the epitome of a class act when it comes to college coaches (especially if you watch the SEC every week).
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
No, he didn't. If I remember correctly he called him a douche; however, illustrated the fact that he would never wish a heart attack on another human being.

Anyway, I read from a poster on the ESPN forums that JT wasn't happy about EMU diving at Pryor's knees and wanted to make them pay.

Not stating that as a fact by any stretch of the imagination, just something I read.
Calling someone a douche, etc... after having something pretty bad happen to them with a caveat at the end is still pretty high on the psycho fan scale.

I'm sure JT wasn't happy, but Pryor needs reps. He's still raw and needs the practice. And like keylime said, JT usually starts rotating in the 2nd quarter, with starters playing into the third.

Granted, I still have no idea WTF they called the halfback pass to Pryor. They are probably padding TP's stats (like Sniper is whining about) and giving opposing D coordinators something to think about.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calling someone a douche, etc... after having something pretty bad happen to them with a caveat at the end is still pretty high on the psycho fan scale.
So Dantonio isn't a douche? Mmmk.

Quote:
Granted, I still have no idea WTF they called the halfback pass to Pryor. They are probably padding TP's stats (like Sniper is whining about) and giving opposing D coordinators something to think about.
You're right. Pryor totally needed all of those pass attempts in that nailbiter of a game.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have one of the slimiest CFB coaches in recent memory
If you could explain the relevance to the conversation, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
and you are dissing JT?
Um, yes, I am. It's probably necessary to go for 73 points against the worst D-1 team in the country. It's probably unnecessary to call halfback passes to your Heisman contender QB just to pad his stats. Your God is not immune to criticism. Pryor had as many pass attempts as Michigan's three QBs had combined. Pad those stats, I guess. Nothing says Heisman like six touchdowns against Eastern Michigan.

Last edited by Sniper : 09-27-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
If you could explain the relevance to the conversation, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Um, yes, I am. It's probably necessary to go for 73 points against the worst D-1 team in the country. It's probably unnecessary to call halfback passes to your Heisman contender QB just to pad his stats. Your God is not immune to criticism.
He's definitely not a god. He's just a pretty good coach who parses too much of what he says. It makes one wonder wtf really goes on. Too much political speak is disturbing. OTOH, he gets cracked on for being too conservative or he gets cracked on for running up the score.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

Note to Sweatervest, this is why you take your star out of the game, not leave him in longer. If true, what a completely moronic decision by JT. Imagine if Pryor got his knee blown out, you think JT saying, "Well, they were trying to hurt him, so I decided to keep him in longer to make them pay," would go over well? I really hope that isn't true.

And I get pissed when Iowa leaves their starters in until the 4th quarter in blowouts. Going into Saturday, we had 1 RB with gameday experience and we kept him in the game until the end of the 3rd while up 5 scores. Awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Note to Sweatervest, this is why you take your star out of the game, not leave him in longer. If true, what a completely moronic decision by JT. Imagine if Pryor got his knee blown out, you think JT saying, "Well, they were trying to hurt him, so I decided to keep him in longer to make them pay," would go over well? I really hope that isn't true.

And I get pissed when Iowa leaves their starters in until the 4th quarter in blowouts. Going into Saturday, we had 1 RB with gameday experience and we kept him in the game until the end of the 3rd while up 5 scores. Awesome.
I agree that the logic in that argument makes no sense. I think TP was in the game for practice (the HB pass back to him OTOH, I have no idea wtf tressel was thinking).

The knee thing scared the crap out of me.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that the logic in that argument makes no sense. I think TP was in the game for practice (the HB pass back to him OTOH, I have no idea wtf tressel was thinking).

The experience/reps argument is ok in my book, but on the other hand how much different is facing the EMU defense than facing OSU's 2nd string (let alone starters) in practice? Sure, it's not the same atmosphere, but if Pryor needs experience playing at the Shoe at this point in his career, then there are much bigger problems to be dealt with.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think the "experience" was meant just for pryor. There are 11 guys on the field at once. And the halfback pass was explained like so:

Quote:
"[the pass] also made the OSU offense a whole lot better for the entire upcoming season. Whenever Hall is in the game now, defenses will have to respect at least the possibility that Hall can throw it to Pryor. That has an enormous impact on the defense as starting center Mike Brewster explained.

'You always want to give them (upcoming opponents) something to think about, give them something to take time off during the week to work on. You're always going to have to follow Terrelle when he carries out his fakes,' Brewster said."
when you play a team with defense like EMU, then you score a bunch of touchdowns in garbage time with your 2nd and 3rd stringers, even if you're just running basic run plays. Jaamal Berry runs for a 65 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter, is he supposed to not do that when he gets a chance to play? We score like 3 touchdowns after Pryor was taken out. It's not like we score that many points in garbage time every (we haven't scored 60+ ever in the Tressel era until saturday, John Cooper did it all the time)...I think the fact that our backup runningbacks are more talented and explosive (but younger) than our starting RBs has a lot to do with us scoring more with backups this year.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 09-27-2010 at 02:53 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Like I said, I have no problem with getting everyone experience and what not. And you bring up a good point about the HB pass, how it adds an extra dimension to the offense that will make defenses stop to think at least for a half a second.

However, the HB pass could have been called at any time during the first half. I have no problem with it being called vs. EMU, but calling it when up like 5 or 6 scores, there's just no reason for it. Why not call it earlier in the game if you wanted to show it off to other defenses?

With regards to the scoring is going to happen regardless if it's 1st team or 2nd/3rd team, again like the HB pass, it's not that it happened it's when/how. There's a big difference, at least with respect to the game, in scoring 70 where it's your 1st team O scoring the 56th or 63rd point late in the game (idk if that's what happened) vs. your 2nd/3rd team O scoring the 56th or 63rd point late in the game. It doesn't matter that it was going to happen inevitably, just how they chose to do it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Iowa leads country in total defense.

Would be leader in scoring defense if the Pick 6 and KR TD against AZ are not included.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Iowa leads country in total defense.

Would be leader in scoring defense if the Pick 6 and KR TD against AZ are not included.
You've played 4 games, 3 against terrible OOC opponents. I think it's time to settle down.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-27-2010 at 04:35 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You've played 4 games, 3 against OOC terrible opponents. I think it's time to settle down.
DOMINATION!!!!!!

To be fair, though, you just described like 75% of FBS teams. So while it is a little early to be crowning anyone/any team, it's not like teams like Nebraska or Texas or Ohio State or other top defenses have played drastically harder schedules. Comparitively, it can be taken as an impressive feat, but in the grand scheme of things who gives a **** if you dominate teams worse than your practice squad.

Also, where is DG slacking with the week 5 thread? I want to post a picture to rile up some PSU fans.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DOMINATION!!!!!!

To be fair, though, you just described like 75% of FBS teams. So while it is a little early to be crowning anyone/any team, it's not like teams like Nebraska or Texas or Ohio State or other top defenses have played drastically harder schedules. Comparitively, it can be taken as an impressive feat, but in the grand scheme of things who gives a **** if you dominate teams worse than your practice squad.

Also, where is DG slacking with the week 5 thread? I want to post a picture to rile up some PSU fans.
That was my point pretty much. I wasn't trying to knock Iowa or anything. Once conference play begins and you're not playing awful teams at home every week, then get excited about having #1 overall defense.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DOMINATION!!!!!!

I always post them Tuesday you impatient mofo.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
That was my point pretty much. I wasn't trying to knock Iowa or anything. Once conference play begins and you're not playing awful teams at home every week, then get excited about having #1 overall defense.
Yup, pretty much. It's fun to gloat about now, but like I said, congrats to all the top defenses for not letting high school teams gain yards on you.

The one thing I'm not encouraged by for Iowa is the lack of turnovers compared to the last 2-3 years. We are still generating some, but nowhere near the same amount. Probably has to do with the new LBs and relatively weaker CB play.

But hey, WE'RE #1!!!!!!

Interesting also, the top 2 in total defenses (Iowa and Tejas) have both lost a game already. Weird.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Showcasing him for the NFL.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I always post them Tuesday you impatient mofo.
Well now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

I will have to wait until tomorrow it appears to mock some Nittany Kittens.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 of the top 8 defenses have lost a game already.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 of the top 16 offenses are undefeated.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Pretty sure we played two teams that went to bowl games last year in Iowa State and Arizona.

#5 rushing defense, #1 total defense..
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

hey I know a big ten team that's top 10 in the nation in offense AND defense :D (hint: it's not iowa)