Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Luckily there are two stud CB's that can be had at the top to middle of the draft. I find it highly unlikely that two teams are going to need a CB in the top 10, leading to one to fall to us.

I personally don't care if it's Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara (what is up with the names at Nebraska???) they are both complete studs and could be lockdown corners for years.

Of course there is also that Dowling kid from Virginia who could be a solid late 1st round pick.
My big board would probably look like this at the top:

Locker
Luck
Peterson
Akamura
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright this has kinda been dead for awhile. So if you could have anyone in this draft, who would it be? Regardless of where we are picking, basically who gives ya a woody in this draft?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck obviously. Then:
A.J. Green
Prince Amukamara/Patrick Peterson
Da'Quon Bowers
Robert Quinn (if his off the field stuff doesn't translate to onfield)
Jake Locker
Justin Blackmon
Robert Kerrigan

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Positional needs:

1. Quarterback- Hasselbeck has been terrible. He has no ability to extend plays. If pressure gets to him, he either makes a terrible throw or else falls down. He needs to go. I have no confidence in Charlie Whitehurst, either. The few times he's been on the field, he looks scared to throw the football. Seattle needs to get on the ball and draft a quarterback. Luck'll be gone, Locker might be on the board. If Cam Newton is on the board when Seattle picks... I say take him. Maybe even over Locker, although I think it'll end up being one or the other on draft day; I don't think they'll both be on the board in the 10-range.

2. Cornerback-Our secondary is bad. We need a guy who can cover anyone. The End.

3. Wideout- I like the talent we've got, but I don't think we've got a "number one" on the roster. BMW provides some nice size out there, but he's still dropping some passes and lacks deep speed. Tate and Butler are guys I like, but they're both pretty small. If we could pick up AJ Green or another of the top wideouts, I'd be ok with that. This is a deep class, so I think receiver would be a good option in the second round, going on need.

We lost Unger early on this season, and Okung missed a bunch of time. So that's two of our best lineman out of action for substantial stretches of the season. I'm a fan of loading up on offensive linemen, but don't really consider it a "need" as of now. We just need our line to stay healthy. Following that thought, I don't think running back is an area which requires attention, either. Marshawn and Justin Forsett are a nice 1-2; they just had very little room to run this year. They both ran hard, but defenses were getting to them too fast.

And everyone and their grandmother is mocking us a defensive end. I am going to be pissed if we take a defensive end with our first pick. We do not need a defensive end. Our defense was adequate at getting to the passer this year. Not elite by any means, but not terrible. The coaching staff did a good job of being creative and using pressure packages. The problems we're having this year have almost everything to do with our offense being abysmal. They aren't giving the defense a chance to rest. Offense should be first priority in this draft.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and I meant to mention Red Bryant's injury. I think the way our defense tanked after his injury shows we've got a pretty good player in him, too. It shows a lack of depth, but you don't use the 10th pick of the draft for depth. If the 'Hawks pick D-line, they ought to take a disruptive tackle, perhaps Nick Fairley.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-01-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Positional needs:

1. Quarterback- Hasselbeck has been terrible. He has no ability to extend plays. If pressure gets to him, he either makes a terrible throw or else falls down. He needs to go. I have no confidence in Charlie Whitehurst, either. The few times he's been on the field, he looks scared to throw the football. Seattle needs to get on the ball and draft a quarterback. Luck'll be gone, Locker might be on the board. If Cam Newton is on the board when Seattle picks... I say take him. Maybe even over Locker, although I think it'll end up being one or the other on draft day; I don't think they'll both be on the board in the 10-range.

2. Cornerback-Our secondary is bad. We need a guy who can cover anyone. The End.

3. Wideout- I like the talent we've got, but I don't think we've got a "number one" on the roster. BMW provides some nice size out there, but he's still dropping some passes and lacks deep speed. Tate and Butler are guys I like, but they're both pretty small. If we could pick up AJ Green or another of the top wideouts, I'd be ok with that. This is a deep class, so I think receiver would be a good option in the second round, going on need.

We lost Unger early on this season, and Okung missed a bunch of time. So that's two of our best lineman out of action for substantial stretches of the season. I'm a fan of loading up on offensive linemen, but don't really consider it a "need" as of now. We just need our line to stay healthy. Following that thought, I don't think running back is an area which requires attention, either. Marshawn and Justin Forsett are a nice 1-2; they just had very little room to run this year. They both ran hard, but defenses were getting to them too fast.

And everyone and their grandmother is mocking us a defensive end. I am going to be pissed if we take a defensive end with our first pick. We do not need a defensive end. Our defense was adequate at getting to the passer this year. Not elite by any means, but not terrible. The coaching staff did a good job of being creative and using pressure packages. The problems we're having this year have almost everything to do with our offense being abysmal. They aren't giving the defense a chance to rest. Offense should be first priority in this draft.
Like your list there and agree with most. I would take Jake over Newton, i know Locker can make all the throws and Newton's resume is just too tiny. I dont want to gamble on character, we know who wins that battle.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with your list, but saying we don't need a pass rushing DE just doesn't feel right to me.

I'm not saying that we take one in the first round, we have bigger needs at QB, CB, and WR and there will be at least 1 elite talent on the board when we pick. However, we do need depth at DE. Clemons is our only respectable pass rusher and he is 29, getting close to the point were DE's start to drop off.

We need to have someone else that can rush the passer on downs when Clemons is out of the game.

Also we may want to take someone as depth behind Bryant. His problem coming out of college was his ability to stay healthy. With constant action this year he got injured. We can't afford to put all of the effectiveness of our defense on the back/knees of one player.

So I guess the positions that we need to address and when to address them is:
QB: 1st/2nd
RB: 7th/UDFA
FB: 5th-7th
WR: 1st-4th
TE: UDFA
OT: 5th-7th
OG: 4th-6th
C: 4th-6th
DE: 3rd-6th
DT: 3rd-6th
LB: UDFA
CB: 1st-4th
S: 5th-7th
P: UDFA
K: 7th

Hope I didn't leave anything out

Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Well, my sentiment isn't so much that we shouldn't draft a defensive end at all, but I'm adamant about it not being the position we should target with out first pick. I'm pretty sure we don't have a third-round pick, thanks to the Whitehurst deal, but if there's a guy we like in the 4th or later... sure, take him. But not at 10.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Wouldn't mind drafting a guy like Pierre Allen or Sam Acho in the middle rounds.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Again about the defensive ends: Did you guys even know that Raheem Brock has had 9 sacks for us this year? I actually just realized this. He did that pretty quietly. But that being the case, we've got Chris Clemons with 11, and Raheem Brock with 9. That's solid pass-rush production out of not one, but two players. Anyone one here want to convince me that DE is a position we should target with our first pick?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Not DE with our first pick unless there is no value at QB, WR, or CB. Then I would go DE/DT.

But in other news, anyone think we should go after Vince Young if we don't draft a QB in the first this year? I mean it sounds like he is done in Tennessee.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Vince Young is still going to command a fairly expensive contract, and I wouldn't want him as more than a stopgap. In other words, no I wouldn't want the 'Hawks to pursue Young.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TT Gator
Rookie

TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.

I just don't see QB as an option anymore. After Hasselback's performance againest New Orleans I think Carroll will believe himself safe at the moment with him for at least a year or two with Whitehurst (who he seems to be fond of) waiting on the side. Add that the late season success has knocked them out of getting any of the top tier QBs anyway. RB is set with Lynch and Washington. Williams came out of no where at WR and with some other new blood with talent (Tate, Butler, Stokely) I just don't see it as a priority. O-Line should be addressed in the 2nd. I think an inside lineman like Kris O'Dowd at C or the other Pouncey brother at G would be a nice pick. In the first round it needs to be either a DE or CB and i think you go DE since if you improve your pass rush your pass defence will always follow. In the late first round some possible players would be Clayborn and Cameron Heyward. Both had somewhat disappointing seasons but are still good DEs and could end up being steals. Aldon Smith is an absolute freak of nature and may not go as high as he should if he declares cuz he sat for much of the season. He'd be perfect but will likely be long gone by then. If there is a run on DEs early in the 1st then a CB like Janoris Jenkins would suffice but I really think a pass rusher is a more immediate need.
TT Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Hasselbeck is gonna 36 next season. Charlie Whitehurst will be 29. If we just pick up talent at other positions and ignore QB.

When we finally do draft a QB, he will be entering his prime, when the other key players on this team will be exiting theirs. Giving us maybe 1-3 years of good football before we are forced to rebuild again.

Whitehurst is not the answer, and a knee jerk reaction to Hasselbeck's game does not help this team long term.

They may be comfortable with one of them next year, but they still bring in a young QB to start grooming.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not DE with our first pick unless there is no value at QB, WR, or CB. Then I would go DE/DT.

But in other news, anyone think we should go after Vince Young if we don't draft a QB in the first this year? I mean it sounds like he is done in Tennessee.
No. He's a headcase and even if he wasn't he's still nothing more than an average QB on his best days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Gator View Post
I just don't see QB as an option anymore. After Hasselback's performance againest New Orleans I think Carroll will believe himself safe at the moment with him for at least a year or two with Whitehurst (who he seems to be fond of) waiting on the side. Add that the late season success has knocked them out of getting any of the top tier QBs anyway. RB is set with Lynch and Washington. Williams came out of no where at WR and with some other new blood with talent (Tate, Butler, Stokely) I just don't see it as a priority. O-Line should be addressed in the 2nd. I think an inside lineman like Kris O'Dowd at C or the other Pouncey brother at G would be a nice pick. In the first round it needs to be either a DE or CB and i think you go DE since if you improve your pass rush your pass defence will always follow. In the late first round some possible players would be Clayborn and Cameron Heyward. Both had somewhat disappointing seasons but are still good DEs and could end up being steals. Aldon Smith is an absolute freak of nature and may not go as high as he should if he declares cuz he sat for much of the season. He'd be perfect but will likely be long gone by then. If there is a run on DEs early in the 1st then a CB like Janoris Jenkins would suffice but I really think a pass rusher is a more immediate need.
Just thinking about another few years of Hass makes me sick. Sure he played lights out for ONE GAME, but that doesn't change the fact that for the last few seasons he's looked like he needed to go to the glue factory. His play was abysmal all season. Whitehurst's accuracy has looked really suspect from the limited numbers of snaps I've seen him take and a lot of his balls seem to sail on him. If I were in charge of the team, no way has he shown me enough to prevent me from going out and getting a new signal caller.
Quote:
Hasselbeck is gonna 36 next season. Charlie Whitehurst will be 29. If we just pick up talent at other positions and ignore QB.

When we finally do draft a QB, he will be entering his prime, when the other key players on this team will be exiting theirs. Giving us maybe 1-3 years of good football before we are forced to rebuild again.

Whitehurst is not the answer, and a knee jerk reaction to Hasselbeck's game does not help this team long term.

They may be comfortable with one of them next year, but they still bring in a young QB to start grooming.
Yes please. I would do anything to get ourselves a franchise QB.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so I was looking to see what the Seahawks could use in the draft and see mid round-late round for the entire defensive line... a defensive line that got pushed around by the Bears offensive line that needs all 5 starters replaced. Are you sure the DLine is a mid round issue?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

In terms of needs elsewhere yes. We need talent at QB and CB (hell even OL & WR) far more than we need it on the DL.

Am I saying that we don't take a stud for the DL in the 1st or 2nd? No. But we have gotten good production from players that no one expected this year, and our defense was actually one of the better ones in the league before Red Bryant went down with an injury.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

So you lose about 90 spots over the course of the entire draft to get to within a game of the NFC title game, i guess it was worth it.

The draft should be interesting because they need help at almost every position on the roster except maybe RB, S, LB and TE. I'd probably take best available in the first couple of rounds but if the Hawks are in a position to trade up for a Jake Locker i wouldnt hesitate. If someone knows what Pete Carroll is thinking feel free to let me know.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look at the draft order and see that no team after 16.Jacksonville needs a QB. If Jake/any QB drops beyond that he should be there at 25, barring trade ups of course.

Also,
Our first+second and 4th round picks give us 1158 points, enough for the 13th pick. If any of the top QBs slip past Minny, we could trade up and get them as well. Of course, the only team that needs a QB after is Miami and possibly Jax.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Overview of the Seahawks for the 2011 draft

Positional Assessments:

Quarterback- Matt Hasselbeck had the game of his life against New Orleans and probably earned himself a two-year contract to finish out his career in Seattle with it. Pete Carroll has publicly said that one of the team’s top offseason priorities is to retain Hasselbeck, but it’s painfully obvious that the Seahawks need to bring in some young talent at the position. I’m not sure what the team thinks about Charlie Whitehurst, but from all I’ve seen of him, his proper role is that of “Clipboard Jesus.” He’s backup-quality. Frankly, he appeared afraid to throw the football when he finally made it into games. I don’t want him as our QB. From a fan’s perspective, we need to try to make a move for one *now*, but at the same time, I’d rather trade for Kolb than draft a rookie I dislike, such as Ryan Mallett. I actually think Ricky Stanzi is quite similar to Matt Hasselbeck, which would be an interesting dynamic if the Seahawks were to look his way during the mid rounds. Bottom line: the ‘Hawks need a new QB in a bad way, and the clock is about to hit midnight for Matt Hasselbeck.

Running Back- I like the combo we’ve got with Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett. Leon Washington is one of the better third-stringers in the league. Of course, if someone extraordinarily talented fell to us, I wouldn’t mind adding some flash to what has been a very, very dull offense the last few years.

Fullback- I was disappointed to see Leonard Weaver go. We’ve got Michael Robinson playing fullback right now, and while I like him, he’s really more of a utility player than a true fullback. I’m one of those folks who loves having a smashmouth fullback on the roster to clear lanes, but we haven’t been a power-running team. Carroll said he wanted to build that kind of offense last year, but it didn’t really happen. If there was a chance we could draft Marecic or someone else of similar tenacity, it could be a boon for our running game.

Wide Receiver- I like the guys we have here, too. Between Mike Williams, Deon Butler, Golden Tate and Ben Obamanu, we have a fairly deep receiving corps, in my opinion. We are lacking a proven number one, though, but unless we can land AJ Green (we can’t), there are certainly more pressing needs at the top of the draft.

Tight End- Another position where I feel we have decent depth. Cameron Morrah and John Carlson can both get it done, but this is yet another position where we don’t have a guy that I’m really excited about. Not a position of *need*, per se, but this team can use talent upgrades across the board.

Offensive line- Our two best linemen were hurt most of the year. Unger went down early, and Okung was week-to-week most of the season. When Okung was in, there was a HUGE difference. I imagine if Unger had been there, too, our offense would’ve been considerably better. However, there are five offensive line position, and those are only two guys. If there’s an opportunity for us to nab a stud lineman early, particularly a run-blocking RT, I would hope the Seahawks make that pick. Like everyone knows, and I mentioned before, they couldn’t run at ALL this year.
Defensive End- Though numerous people have been mocking defensive ends to the Seahawks, I’ve remained adamant that this is not a position of need. We were in the middle of the pack last year in terms of sacks, Chris Clemons having 11 sacks and Raheem Brock having 9, and had a sack in both playoff games. The problem with our pass defense is the secondary, not the pressure. It would be a good idea, as always, to pick up talent where it’s valuable, but defensive end is not a pressing need at this time.

Defensive Tackle- Brandon Mebane is a good player, but beyond him we don’t have much. Defensive tackle is a position where I think a high pick would be warranted. We basically played a hybrid scheme last year, and probably had the heaviest 4-3 defensive end in the league, the 320-ish Red Bryant, before I got injured. He was basically an “edge tackle,” and our run D went down the pipes after he got injured. Pete Carroll likes to move guys around, and on our team a guy like Cameron Jordan could be drafted to play the role Bryant did last year. I’m doubtful Jordan would be on the board at 25 (think that’s where we’re picking), but I like him quite a bit, and think he’d be a good player for that role. With his size, we could rotate him in and out, a bit like Justin Tuck. Jordan is a 290 lb DE with athleticism, so he has the positional versatility Carroll craves. He’s a good fit for our D, which is almost… a 3.5-3.5. Not quite a 3-4, but not quite a 4-3. Any good penetrating tackle-type would see the field early and often on this team.

Linebackers- Lofa Tatupu is good, we’ve got quite a bit invested in Aaron Curry, and the rest of the LB corps is solid if unspectacular. I’ve probably got less to say about them than anyone else. Not real flashy, but good enough that we don’t need to be looking for LBs early in this draft.

Cornerbacks- We could absolutely use a good cover corner. I may have even less to say about this than I do about the linebackers because we HAVE to upgrade this position. If quarterback wasn’t such an important position, I’d say cornerback was our first priority, because we don’t have a lot. Walter Thurmond may well turn into a good player, but we definitely do not have a lockdown guy.

Safety- We’ve got a ballhawk back there in Earl Thomas, but he’s not the greatest tackler. Lawyer Milloy is ancient, and Kam Chancellor isn’t the greatest cover guy. If there was a chance we could pick up a good Strong Safety to lurk in the middle of the field, that’s another position that I think would be well worth looking at early.

In Conclusion, we need:

A Franchise QB, whether through free agency (meh…), or through the draft. Although I have to say that my gut is telling me that the QB’s who will be available when we pick are not going to be the ones I want.

Shutdown Cornerback. As does everyone, but until you get one… (apply football cliché here)

Offensive Line. Bring in some more big nasties to get the ground game going and keep the QB out of the dirt.

Strong Safety. We could definitely use a guy to pair with Thomas and take away the middle.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Realistically, I like Brandon Harris in the first. I think I'm going to go with that as my optimistic prediction, for now. He breaks up passes like nobody's business, tackles well, has great speed.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-04-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Realistically, I like Brandon Harris in the first. I think I'm going to go with that as my optimistic prediction, for now. He breaks up passes like nobody's business, tackles well, has great speed.
That's what I'm hoping for too. I personally feel that he's a better prospect than Prince and I would be very happy to have him in Seahawk blue next year.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I was looking at Scott's mock after I made that big post there, and he's got both the guys I mentioned, Cameron Jordan and Brandon Harris going in the two spots ahead of us. Of course, he also gives us Locker. If those guys are all on the board, who'd you want to pick? Brandon Harris, Cameron Jordan, or Jake Locker?

I gotta say, though, I think Cameron Jordan could very easily be off the board in the top-20. Less sure about the other two. It wouldn't surprise me if Locker went top-15, top-30, or even went in the second. I don't think Harris will be on the board after the first round, though.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-05-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I like your writeup on draft needs. However I still think that we need an early DE, probably not a first round one though.

Here is a great article about our pass rush this year. It shows that Chris Clemons is probably overrated and Raheem Brock is probably our best pass rusher.
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/2/4/1...nd-blitz-sacks

Pretty much the jist of it is that of Clemons 11 sacks, 64% came on blitzes while of Brocks 9 sacks, 1 came on a blitz. One thing to remember when regarding the percentages though is that he considered a blitz bringing additional people instead of where the pressure came from.

And yes, I would love Cameron Jordan, Brandon Harris, or Locker. If it comes down to choosing between those three you have to go with the QB. Just from how much each position is worth, QB is way more important than CB or 4-3 DE/DT.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure. Except for the fact that Locker is the inferior prospect.

All the rumors are that we'll be looking QB, which I think sucks because I don't really care for any of these QBs.

I've seen a report linking us to Mallett, a few mocks with us taking Locker (duh), and a few with us taking Kaepernick in the first lol.

I'd personally rather go CB in the first and then possibly take Locker or Kaepernick in the 2nd round (don't be blinded by homerism, it's VERY possible Locker slips like Clausen did).

But if we pass on that position all together I don't think it will be "ignoring QB" more than making sound decisions based on evaluations. The Bills were ridiculed for passing on Clausen but would that have been a good move? Hell no. You have to be diligent and smart with QB stuff - you can't just take a guy because you need one.

And next year we could win the division again. Hass looked as healthy as he's been in YEARS during the postseason. If we don't have a rookie QB waiting in the wings this season it's not the end of the world.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote