Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Who wants to tie a cinder block to their leg and jump into Lake Washington with me?
I'm right there with you man. What a terrible pick, such a reach.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp. Hopefully tomorow will be better.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he is an OT for us. I think they slide him into one of the G positions and he starts for us from day 1. Not a flashy pick, but he is someone who will come in and make an immediate improvement in the run game.

And the Seahawks are not the only ones to pass on Bowers. The fact that he fell all the way out of the 1st should tell you how serious his injury is.

I think the early run on QB's really screwed them over since no one wanted to move up into the late 1st. I mean the only team to move was NO for Ingram. Not a lot of options there.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think two things upset us.

#1 - we were clearly trying to trade down and couldn't. That sucks. Bad, bad job. We didn't buzz the pick up enough. I fear the Saints weren't talking to us because they were mad WE SPANKED THEM.

#2 - The last time we took an interior OL in the first round we were told he was a sure thing and he was not only a bad use of a first rounder but was not good at all for a position of such little value. Now we are expected to embrace a guy at the same position who is NOT being billed as a "sure 10-year starting center"? It's tough for us to do that.

The fact is, we don't know. This kid could form a Jones-Hutch-like left side with Okung. We needed to build the OL. He's clearly talented. It's not sexy, it's not fun, but it's the type of pick we needed to make. I'm fine with the player and I'm hopeful he'll contribute for many years at guard.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Just found out bower's injury is more serious than I knew it to be. My apologies. But I still think it was a bit of reach. However, if he can be solid for 10+ years i'll be fine.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just heard that Carpenter was rated higher than Carimi and Sherrod on the Packers boards.

He can also either play RT or LG. I personally see Carpenter as the LG for the next 5-10 years.

Also, I would still rather have Chris Spencer as our starting center over Max Unger. Unger is just too small to handle NT. He gets pushed around at G, whats going to happen when he has the NT right over the ball.

And I think the reason we couldn't trade down is that there was no one who was a great value pick. None of the QB's left were rated as 1st rounders. The elite DL men were gone. The only impact player left was Ingram and Smith. No one was going to trade up for Jimmy Smith, too much baggage. Ingram is a RB, if he falls to a more affordable position great, if not he's just another RB.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

hopefully we address corner today

Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
hopefully we address corner today
Two names to think about: Aqib Talib and Janoris Jenkins.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

I wouldn't mind getting dowling though.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My guess is if they wanted a knucklehead they would have taken Jimmy Smith. The two you mentioned are not worth the trouble.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Were you trying to say that any corner we take will end up like them or that you want us to go after one of them?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My guess is if they wanted a knucklehead they would have taken Jimmy Smith. The two you mentioned are not worth the trouble.
They'd both be ridiculously cheap for their talent. A 4th at most for Jenkins and no one is going to pay Talib what he's worth on the field.

There's really no risk in going after both of them and hoping one sticks. Carroll's a great influence on problem guys...
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Also consider Nnamdi. We could pay him probably more than any other team (Paul Allen's wallet, the fact that a good amount of $ will likely be coming off the books with Hasselbeck, Locklear, Spencer, etc.)...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
They'd both be ridiculously cheap for their talent. A 4th at most for Jenkins and no one is going to pay Talib what he's worth on the field.

There's really no risk in going after both of them and hoping one sticks. Carroll's a great influence on problem guys...
Eh but is it really worth the risk for such a young/rebuilding team?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
Eh but is it really worth the risk for such a young/rebuilding team?
What's the risk? That they infect the locker room? These are grown professional athletes. If the guys are that bad, we cut them. TB loved Talib as a player and teammate. Then he shot someone. I'm willing to *risk* maybe triple the minimum salary to find out if he won't go out and shoot someone as a Seahawk.

As for Jenkins, he's clearly an idiot but again we are risking a late-round pick... You're never finding CBs with that kind of talent in the 5th or 6th round...

If you can't tell, I'm all for *risking* with red-flagged players. I think if your team has a good foundation and support system you can work to help keep those young men on the field and in great shape. I never understood how D-Jax fell to the late second round...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Personally I wouldn't do it. But that's because I don't think that Talib is that great.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

If they do sign Talib, he is going to have to fit into Carrol's way of doing things or he is gone. Same thing that happened to LenDale White last year. If they can bring him in on a low risk contract then do it, if he isn't working cut him.

I doubt they spend a draft pick on Jenkins, mainly because i don't think that this front office is going to work that way. It's one thing to take on a rehabilitation project when that project has already been a pro. It's another thing to risk a potential draft pick for someone who already has issues.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Carpenter is going to be a solid lineman for years to come. He's big, powerful, and great with his hands. Sure, he's not a big name and was projected to go a little later than 25; he could have been had after a trade-down picking up an extra selection or two in the process. At the end of the day, however, you got yourself a guy who--along with Unger--is going to bolster that interior line making your backs that much more dangerous. A reach, yes. A bust? Not likely.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll prolly rock this as a sig for a while. Sigh. Still cant come to terms with the pick.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be exposing my ignorance, but I didn't know who James Carpenter was.

Also, Cameron Jordan getting picked the spot before us killed me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Might be exposing my ignorance, but I didn't know who James Carpenter was.

Also, Cameron Jordan getting picked the spot before us killed me.
Lol I agree with both of these statements.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer to Mike Williams could be a good combo for awhile. I'm totally open to bringing in Aqib Talib as well. Both proven veterans who'll come pretty cheap.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Who are you guys hoping for today? Kaepernick or Dalton probably won't last. Brandon Harris probably won't last. Marvin Austin? Aaron Williams? Ryan Mallett? Greg Little? I'd be happy with any of those guys if they make it to #57.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

If Kaepernick is there I think we take him. I really, really, really hope we don't take Dalton.

I've heard Mallet isn't on their draft board, but if he does fall, eventually he becomes too much of a value to pass on.

I have no idea who is going to be there, so outside of Kaepernick I am just hoping that they take someone who can come in and be valuable at DT, DE, or CB. I just don't think any of the remaining QB's are worth a 2nd-3rd round pick outside of Kaepernick and Mallett.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I think Mallett goes in the first few picks today. That said, I prefer Kaepernick. And for what it's worth, I prefer Dalton to Ponder. And I don't know what that's worth. That Vikings pick was weird. My reaction was to yell, "Hooooly ****!"

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-29-2011 at 02:48 PM.