Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 3 Team Trade?

What you guys think about a 3 team trade involving Atlanta, Green Bay and Oakland?

Being that Atlanta really don't want Moss and Green Bay does.
Oakland needs a QB and they are high on SCHAUB plus they would pick CJ with their first pick and keep him out of TAMPA, also Atlanta needs Picks because of a new system. The more picks the quicker the turnover.

Picture this:

Atlanta gets: 2nd from Oakland
3rd from Green Bay
Oakland gets: Schaub
Green Bay gets: Moss

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Raiders fan I would not mind getting Schaub at all, it would be a nice fit and than we could draft CJ.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

that's certainly possible.

however, i suspect that the three teams would deal separately, with OAK getting as much from GB as they could for Moss, and then, once they had got rid of Moss, and knew they would pick CJ rather than Russell, trying to get Schaub from ATL.

The value is probably about right, though I'd obviously rather have OAK's 3rd than GB's 3rd.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it from a Green Bay stand point; I think Atlanta may be getting the short end of the stick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A third for Moss is a steal...if it was a 2nd and a 2nd I'd be fine with that trade.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know though, now looking at it again...Atlanta is giving up Schaub and getting 2 2nd rounders...I'm not sure how it would work...
Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Atlanta would be getting the 33rd pick, which is just like a first in my opinion and a 3rd from GB would give Atl 5 first day picks.
Being that the Falcons are strapped for cash (CAP room), I think 2 first rounders would break the bank.
And we keep CJ out of the NFC South.
Who knows how much Moss has left.... I definitely wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

.................Maybe Green Bay can add a 2007 5th or a 2008 3rd ...............

Who knows, Oakland will probably have the first overall pick again next year with Knapp at the wheel.

Last edited by Mr. Myogi : 03-19-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, all this speculation is really starting to annoy me lol. I mean it's fun, but I wanna know what is actually going to happen with our font office!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

That's basically what prompts the speculation............inactivity
April 28 can't get here quick enough.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Picture This:

RD
1 Laron Landry -S -LSU
2 Aaron Sears -OT -TENN (from Oakland)
2 Quentin Moses-DE-GA
3 Tony Hunt - RB - PENN
3 Aaron Rouse -S- Va Tech (from Green Bay) (if he's still there or Kenny Scott -S/CB- Ga Tech)

Can The Birds work with this as a First Day Mock?

Last edited by Mr. Myogi : 03-19-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a mistake to assume Schaub will be traded. I for one, am taking a wait and see approach.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

If they don't trade him they get burnt like they did with Kerney.
Get something for him now or get nothing for him next year.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

Well, I have been dreaming about that kind of scenario since a wile.....

My only two concerns are:

1. Randy Moss fat contract must not be easy so sell, will he be willing to get a pay cut to play with Favre and get out of Oakland where he isnt happy?

2. That may make to much sense for Al Davis.....

You know what, for some reason I have been thinking about CJ future highlights with the Raiders, but not JR. I just have that gut feeling that Russell wont work hard inough no maximise his potential. I dont have any concerns about Calvin Johnson and I know that he will be a game breaker from day 1 for anybody at the next level.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
If they don't trade him they get burnt like they did with Kerney.
Get something for him now or get nothing for him next year.
You are not looking at the big picture here.

Schaub Trade;
  • Reward - Low-first round value when the sum of parts are added up.
  • Risk - There is no insurance policy if Michael Vick holds back the offense, or is injured, next year. Putting all your eggs into one basket is risky in and of itself.

I would gladly accept the loss of value, if Schaub walks, when calculated against the risks. You don't want to make the wrong decision, with the QB position, or it will set the whole franchise back a few years. Did trading Brett Favre for value help the team?

Old 03-19-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

I Understand that, but how many Brett Favres come around in a lifetime? Are you saying that Schaub is the next Favre?
I understand there's always a chance that he can go elsewhere and shine, and on the other hand he could flop.
I Like Schaub, but there is always the 'Volek Factor'.........Great back-up and Avg starter (at best).
If these teams are so high on Matt Schaub why not trade him and get what we can while we can......Believe it or not I think Shockley can be a successful back up to Vick.

Risk: Getting 0 for him in 2008, when he chooses to test the market
Reward: Picks - to better the TEAM and Increase the chances of being a SUPER BOWL contender.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
Believe it or not I think Shockley can be a successful back up to Vick.
The season is lost if Shockley has to play in meaningful games.

Quote:
Risk: Getting 0 for him in 2008, when he chooses to test the market
Reward: Picks - to better the TEAM and Increase the chances of being a SUPER BOWL contender.
I think the team is a year away from serious contention, regardless of what the organization does with Schaub.

They very well could trade Schaub. I just don't think any of us should assume that he will, for a certain, be traded.