Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.
Default Player Value

OK, here's the idea, someone names a player (name, age, position, team, w/e), and someone else says how much they think they're worth in terms of a draft pick.

Chad Clifton, 30, LT, Green Bay
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
OK, here's the idea, someone names a player (name, age, position, team, w/e), and someone else says how much they think they're worth in terms of a draft pick.

Chad Clifton, 30, LT, Green Bay
Solid 1st rounder, he is 30 and has some mileage but is still very good.

Next:
Ladell Betts HB 28

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Solid 1st rounder, he is 30 and has some mileage but is still very good.

Next:
Ladell Betts HB 28
a 4th or 3rd since hes 28. if he was young hed be worth more

next
Randy Moss WR 30

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
a 4th or 3rd since hes 28. if he was young hed be worth more

next
Randy Moss WR 30
3rd-4th, problems with attitude and is getting older

Old 03-18-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

KGB 4th or 5th rounder because he's declining fast.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT, age 23
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT, age 23
Unproven at this point. Id say a 2nd rounder but if he reaches his potential easily a first for a while.

Justin Smiley, G, age 25

49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's ridiculous. the #4 overall pick who played WELL last year has declined an entire round in value? that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
Yeah, I have only agreed with one in the whole thread.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Chad Clifton for a first rounder?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's ridiculous. the #4 overall pick who played WELL last year has declined an entire round in value? that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
I wouldnt give up a first rounder, at this point. I heard he had problems with speed rushers.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
*49er fans everywhere rejoice that you are not their GM*

that's because you apparently have no concept of player value.
Thats fine, i dont pretend to be a professional.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Unproven at this point. Id say a 2nd rounder but if he reaches his potential easily a first for a while.

Justin Smiley, G, age 25

4th Rounder, hasn't proved anything yet as you said.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
neither do most users here. they just exhibit some degree of common sense.
I wont give up a first round pick just because of where they were picked. He hasnt been spectacular. He didnt fare too well in the game i saw him, against buffalo. I dont know how he fared in the other games, but id rather get mcneil.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just going with the thread.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Tommie Harris, he might be tough for us to resign

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, I have only agreed with one in the whole thread.
ooo was it mine????:)

Old 03-18-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Oh ok, my bad.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235032
Jeremitrus Butler

Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
so you wouldn't give up a first round pick for bush? he wasn't really spectacular all year. neither was cutler. or 99% of the first round last year. but he's a franchise left tackle who played well enough to justify belief that he will become a great LT. but hey, might as well pick-up levi jones instead. i'm sure he'll be light years better, especially as a rookie. and just because you'd rather get mcneill doesn't mean they can't *gasp* BOTH be worth a first round pick.
Of course he can be worth a first round pick. I never disputed that. I just wouldnt spend it. To be traded for a first round pick, you need production, not potential. Ferguson played well, but he didnt play elite. Thats not a knock on him, i just wouldnt spend a first round pick yet.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Of course he can be worth a first round pick. I never disputed that. I just wouldnt spend it. To be traded for a first round pick, you need production, not potential. Ferguson played well, but he didnt play elite. Thats not a knock on him, i just wouldnt spend a first round pick yet.
Then the Giants are stupid for getting Eli

And Butler 3rd-5th

Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I agree. I mean, why even have a draft?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree. I mean, why even have a draft?
I said TRADED for.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Then the Giants are stupid for getting Eli

And Butler 3rd-5th
For what they gave up, yes.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ooo was it mine????:)
Nope

mmmmmmm
Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
I said TRADED for.
If you wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for a 2nd year player who's proved to be an above-average player in his rookie season, whom you would otherwise have selected as a 1st rounder, it defeats the purpose of that draft pick and thus the draft.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for a 2nd year player who's proved to be an above-average player in his rookie season, whom you would otherwise have selected as a 1st rounder, it defeats the purpose of that draft pick and thus the draft.
No. I would look at the draft, see what players are available at the position, and see if they had higher ceilings. I trade for production only. Besides, you would have to wonder, why would that team be trading their first round pick away after 1 year? If theyre willing to give up on a first rounder after 1 year, isnt that a major red flag?