Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-23-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone sell me on the idea that he is a guard only? The dude is a dancing bear.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats a good comparison for Osemele? Right now I have him as my 3rd OT behind Kalil and Martin

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Whats a good comparison for Osemele? Right now I have him as my 3rd OT behind Kalil and Martin
Jason Peters.

Men this big shouldn't have feet this good. Osemele has been very underrated this preseason. Just go back and watch the tape from last year. There is a reason Adrian Clayborn AND Aldon Smith were both shut down when playing Iowa State last year, and that's becuase of Osemele.

Honestly, I do need to watch more of Kalil, but have watched a good share of Osemele and Jonathan Martin, and I like Osemele more. Like I said, Osemele reminds me of Jason Peters, whereas Martin reminds me of Eugene Monroe, a prospect I liked, but didn't love, and has struggled a bit so far in the NFL.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osemele is now playing for an awful team with an awful QB, saw a few drives today and he did his job. Stonewalled the DE across from him on pass plays and was a force in the run game. I didn't notice much technique wise, hand placement, footwork wise because the team sucks so badly.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
http://www.cyclones.com/mediaPortal/...0700&id=724004

sounds like a dude who knows what he is talking about. Plus I read this about him

[14:19] <boe> Kelechi Osemele
[14:20] <boe> Having zero sacks against and zero missed assignments this year is pretty near perfect. Last year the business major finished without any sacks against him the entire season. Osemele still wants to improve his footwork this season and find more responsibility on the field by picking up an extra opponent if needed.

I will be keeping a keen eye out on him.

Anyone else got some info bout this dude?

the more I read the more i like about this guy. sounds like a great character kid.
He sounds like he has asthma.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

vs. Iowa this week on National TV. Check him out, #72 LT.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

HE was rolled up on, KO is down. Only played like 8-11 snaps last week. His ankle is ******.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can someone sell me on the idea that he is a guard only? The dude is a dancing bear.
Watch this video and u'll understand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O2UR_FWqas

He can get turned into a whipping boy REALLY quick with those quicker/faster pass rushers. He got beat like a DRUM vs. Oklahoma and i'm afraid that he's gonna be in the same boat as he was in the video above.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're interested, check out KO right now vs. Okie State. From what I understand he's fighting a bit of an ankle sprain so this is a big test for him.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...owa-state.html
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Is he a Guard only or can he play RT?

I would love him at RT, the guy is a monster!
Quote:
Old 02-07-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are people's opinions of him right now?

I have seen the tremedous size and the sneaky athletic ability, but I have not seen him play a lot.

How did he do in the Senior Bowl?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What are people's opinions of him right now?

I have seen the tremedous size and the sneaky athletic ability, but I have not seen him play a lot.

How did he do in the Senior Bowl?
He was pretty bad in the Senior Bowl. Coples had his way with him, after being held down pretty well by Mike Adams and Mitchell Schwartz. I thought he could hold his own at RT in the NFL, but after the Senior Bowl, I'm thinking strictly a LG in the NFL. As a LG though, I still think he can be a poor man's Carl Nicks. I think Osemele could be a top 5 G in the league. Get those feet, long arms and nastiness in a smaller space inside, and I think he'll excel.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
He was pretty bad in the Senior Bowl. Coples had his way with him, after being held down pretty well by Mike Adams and Mitchell Schwartz. I thought he could hold his own at RT in the NFL, but after the Senior Bowl, I'm thinking strictly a LG in the NFL. As a LG though, I still think he can be a poor man's Carl Nicks. I think Osemele could be a top 5 G in the league. Get those feet, long arms and nastiness in a smaller space inside, and I think he'll excel.
With how how much he still has to learn, you don't think a good NFL OL coach can turn him into a Kareem McKenzie? Maybe it's just cause I'm a giants fan, but the kid seems to have everything necessary to become that type of reliable, wide bodied, great run blocking RT.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
With how how much he still has to learn, you don't think a good NFL OL coach can turn him into a Kareem McKenzie? Maybe it's just cause I'm a giants fan, but the kid seems to have everything necessary to become that type of reliable, wide bodied, great run blocking RT.
He can be coached up to play RT but it might take too long. It could be a Vlad Ducasse situation. Probably way easier to make him a guard. Solid 2nd round player.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
midwestpatsfan
Rookie

midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.midwestpatsfan is so money.

I am an ISU grad and have watched a ton of KO. This is my take on him.

Size wise he has the look of a tackle. He is tall with really long arms and is has a good overall body structure.

If you re-watch the Senior Bowl, you will see one of the few offensive lineman that continues to hit his guy even after the play is by him, so he shows that he has a bit of a nasty streak.

Played with a bad ankle almost all season long and has had other injuries throughout his career. Will play through the injuries but injuries are somewhat of a concern.

Has heavy feet but has shown glimpses that he can be coached up and move better than what he is currently given credit for.

What I think is his weakest aspect and can easily be corrected is his use of hands and using his arm length to his advantage. When he gets his arms extended and on the guy, it is over, no one is getting by or around him. When he keeps his hand close to his body and lets the defender get into him, then he struggles to keep leverage. I though he did well in the Senior Bowl except the 2 times against Coples where his hands never left his shoulder pads.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
He can be coached up to play RT but it might take too long. It could be a Vlad Ducasse situation. Probably way easier to make him a guard. Solid 2nd round player.
That's one of those thigns that'll come down to how hard he's willing to work, how well he learns and adjusts, and how good of coaching he receives. I might be over-rating him based off of limited viewing but if he's a quick learner I don't think him become a good sophomore starter is unrealistic. Seems like the interview process will be huge for this kid.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id love him as the steelers second round pick...even more so if we draft glenn, konz, or adams in 1...the oline could go from a glaring weakness to an incredible strength

i think his stock right now is similar to ben ijalana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without a doubt I see him shooting up to the first round, sort of like James Carpenter last year. Only he's a way bigger, more physical prospect than Carpenter.
No doubt in my mind he'll put up huge numbers in the bench press
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could probably play Tackle (there are plenty horrific ones currently in the NFL), but if you want the best out of him, then you make him a Guard and that's ultimately where I see his future NFL team using him at.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Without a doubt I see him shooting up to the first round, sort of like James Carpenter last year. Only he's a way bigger, more physical prospect than Carpenter.
he's not as good a pass blocker. Carpenter had great balance and feet. I don't think he's ready to start instantly (at tackle) and that will keep him out of the 1st round.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
No doubt in my mind he'll put up huge numbers in the bench press
if anyone does that i think it will be brandon washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is he a Guard only or can he play RT?

I would love him at RT, the guy is a monster!
Personally, I think he "can" play tackle. But I think his absolute best position and best chance at great success is at guard kind of like Carl Nicks. I wouldn't mind the Chiefs taking him in the second to replace Lilja and give us some size and power on the offensive line. Size and power that we could REALLY use.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can be a RT - his wing span makes it a long trip around to the QB. Technique at times looks good - others sloppy. Main concern was talk from NFL Network at the Senior Bowl that there are some work ethic concerns. I think he's probably a 2nd rounder if all checks out off the field.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, he is strictly an OG, he is going to have to watch his weight and could easily eat himself out of the NFL. He is lazy on the football field and needs a strong dose of aggression and toughness if he wants to play effectively in the NFL.
His ceiling is off the charts but he has to want it and work hard to achieve it and he hasn't shown those traits in college.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About what round is Osemele projected to go in?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote