Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5 - St. Louis at Detroit(-3)

This game is a toss up for me.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we beat the Rams, we were able to keep up with the Packers pretty well so we should be able to beat the Rams. But it will probably come down to the last few minutes of the game.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're due for a win. I can see Shaun Hill effin this up, but I think we'll rattle a young QB. Hopefully Shaun continues to understand that passing it to Megatron early and often is a good thing.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford meet Ndamukong Suh and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Their hobbies are embarrassing O-linemen and destroying quarterbacks.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the dline will be able to get at Bradford. If we make him uncomfortable he will make mistakes but he will pick us apart with time in the pocket. Steven Jackson is always dangerous and can take over a game. I really like Danny Amendola. Former Lion James Hall is having a big year for them but they don't have a dominate pass rusher.

I think Best is poised for a big game. His toe should be back to 100% and I think we are going to start to see a trend where he has his big games on the turf. Burleson is planning to play and that can be huge. They don't have a corner that can go 1-1 with Calvin so I expect Scheffler and Pettigrew to be open all day. Feed Best, focus on getting it to Calvin, and find Pettigrew/Scheffler/Burleson underneath.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bradford should call his lawyer....cause he's about to get SUH'd!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Former Lion James Hall is having a big year for them but they don't have a dominate pass rusher.
I always wondered what happened to James Hall, I wasn't even aware he was still playing football.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It would be cool to see Bradford vs. Stafford.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
It would be cool to see Bradford vs. Stafford.
Yeah it would. But, hopefully Stafford starts throwing again and will be back to 100% soon enough.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I always wondered what happened to James Hall, I wasn't even aware he was still playing football.
Yeah I didn't think he was still around but he has 4 sacks and 3 FF on the year.

Quote:
Yeah it would. But, hopefully Stafford starts throwing again and will be back to 100% soon enough.
He started throwing last week. I'd say 65-35 he goes.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
He started throwing last week. I'd say 65-35 he goes.
He was suppose to start throwing last week, but they pushed that back to sometime this week. I guess he was still having problems with that shoulder.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Let's not rush him.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Let's not rush him.
I agree, I don't really want to rush him. If we win a game without him, then there wouldn't be as much urgency as there is being winless so far.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

If we are able to win a game without him, it'd be this one (even though we unnofficially beat the bears, came short against the pack, barely lost to Philly, and played sloppier than Minny).

I know we've racked up L's, but I'm impressed with Schwartz. If we went O-fer again, i'd still want him as our coach. He has us in the right direction, and it shows. Just sucks that Stafford got injured.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Schwartz is a great coach. People have to keep in mind what he was handed with when he came to the Lions. After that 0-16 season the Lions were basically the equivalent to a expansion team. Despite are current record though, I can honestly say I have not seen this much fight from the Lions in a long time. All we have to do is get Patrick Peterson next year and upgrade a few more spots and we will be pretty competitive.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Schwartz is a great coach. People have to keep in mind what he was handed with when he came to the Lions. After that 0-16 season the Lions were basically the equivalent to a expansion team. Despite are current record though, I can honestly say I have not seen this much fight from the Lions in a long time. All we have to do is get Patrick Peterson next year and upgrade a few more spots and we will be pretty competitive.
Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.
I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.
Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.
*shakes head* Just needed two or three more wins and they could have been playoff bound.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams at home. I think we win this. It does scare me that they held Seattle to only 3 points last week, but we have a more explosive offense than Seattle. I'm feeling good about this one even if Hill starts.

Good thoughts...
Good thoughts...
Positive Lions feelings...
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have a more explosive offense than seatle in about every single category. There is no way that the Rams should be able to cover our offense with Calvin, Burleson, Pettigrew and Scheffler.

And if they do then Best should have a field day.

Schwartz and the coaching staff, although i still have much faith, better be prepared to take serious heat if we lose this game IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

I know i've been bagging on Detroit but i think they win this one 24-20. Our defense was impressive last week and the Rams offense has been horrendous this year. Our defense will be able to control this game. And I think Linehan finally found a good gameplan for our offense. I just really see us controlling this game. But of course in typical Lions fashion, The Rams will make a big come back in the 4th quarter just to give us a scare.
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

now, all that being said, this is a must win for Schwartz. If we lose this game, we WILL go 0-6 into the bye week and the coaches will be on the hot seat. Not only that but if we lose this game, i believe the players will start to lose faith in the Schwartz, and you're going to see players not trying as hard as they did the first 4 weeks. I really, really hope that doesn't happen.
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...id-TV-blackout

4,500 tickets available, blackout likely.

-Released Manny Ramirez, OG and claimed Jamon Meredith, OT from the Bills

-Shaun Hill confirmed Sunday starter.

Last edited by Scotty D : 10-06-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest advantage (other than being at thome) the Lions have in this will be their sense of urgency. It's a very big game for them for a multitude of reasons. Past that, they've played good teams close all season so far and they match up well against the Rams. Our biggest weakness (secondary) is up against a rookie, albeit a good one, in Bradford.

I think the Lions take this one 31-20.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote