Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: DeAngelo Williams: Will he be traded or stay a Panther?
Carolina will keep him 36 52.94%
Carolina will cash him in, ala Moss, Marshawn, etc. 32 47.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How about umphrey's right nut? We know TT would take it, either nut !!!
You are officially the first and only person on my block list.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I would give my left nut if TT traded for Williams. Hell I would give my whole damn sack! Guess I wont have to worry because it wont happen.
I'm not so sure it won't happen. Sure I wouldn't bet on it happening, but he did try and trade for Tony Gonzalez two years ago... remember there are two more games between now and the trade deadline.

He's more likely to make a deal closer to that date.

Carolina going 0-5 this week would help increase the chance, IMO, that they cash in Williams.

But they get the Bears and Todd Collins this week, so they might get the win and go to 1-4, heading into the bye week.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I know 1 thing.. Denver could sure as hell use him. I don't think the Broncos having 2 other backs really matters, after all, D is accustomed to splitting the load.
I am pretty sure he will go down when tackled in the backfield just as easily as the rest of our running backs.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I hope Williams gets traded because I would benefit in fantasy football.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Me too, as I am hoping to now do with Marshawn Lynch.
Dang did I want him traded.... but to my Packers! I had Grant anyway, I deserved Lynch to go to the Packers.

I think he would have been a Pro Bowler this year on the Packers for 12 games. Doggonit.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
You are officially the first and only person on my block list.
I'm hoping for a Packers fan civil war.....thin your numbers a little ;)
Old 10-07-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams ought to stay put-the best way to bring along a young QB is with a good running game. Plus Stewart has not shown the reliability to be a feature back. But is it me or does Williams look like he's lost a step this season. Is he playing hurt?

I would honestly attempt standing backflips if somehow Holmgren/Heckert acquired Steve Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring him to Green Bay. Not even kidding.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Bring him to Green Bay. Not even kidding.
The Panthers should trade him for James Jones and a 5-6 round draft pick. Would you be for that? They need another receiver desperately
Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
New England would seem like the obvious frontrunner for Williams, having just acquired an extra 3rd and being in need of a premier RB. I think another interesting possibility could be Washington...Williams would fit nicely in a ZBS and Snyder has never been afraid to move picks for a proven player. Williams doesnt have alot of carries either, so he should have a ton left in the tank if he does get moved.
My two thoughts on teams that would have the pieces were Washington, who have the type of DT (Haynesworth) Carolina needs, for what ever reason that makes sense to me, and New England who certainly has the draft picks to make a deal happen. Although I am not close to the situation and have not read up on it, I dont see why they move him unless they do not think or plan on resigning him.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'd move him because it's smart. You don't pay RBs big money, especially if you've got another good one behind him. They can just draft another one early and be set for another few years until Stewart's contract is up.

I'd be in favor of a Mankins for Williams trade.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOOOO! Give the ball to The Law Firm and Brandon Tate as much as possible!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Williams ought to stay put-the best way to bring along a young QB is with a good running game. Plus Stewart has not shown the reliability to be a feature back. But is it me or does Williams look like he's lost a step this season. Is he playing hurt?

I would honestly attempt standing backflips if somehow Holmgren/Heckert acquired Steve Smith.
I was thinking of this too... why not trade Steve Smith? or at least see if anybody will throw a first (NE) maybe (Washington?) They would be left with absolutely nothing at WR besides lafell and gettis. I don't see that team competing for a playoff spot anytime soon so maybe clean house, including coach Fox.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
The Panthers should trade him for James Jones and a 5-6 round draft pick. Would you be for that? They need another receiver desperately

Not that desperately. Williams is at least a top 10 RB in the league.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
This. (QFT)
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Uh hell yeah.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Uh hell yeah.
The Packers don't have any players left to trade now. Only draft picks.
And our GM values his draft picks like winning lottery tickets.

The Redskins will probably get DeAngelo.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

he looks slower because he has to dodge defenders 3 yards behind the line every play this year, as opposed to the past few years where it was only 1 out of every 4 plays

Every other player on the current Panthers offense (with Smith out) is playing like (or is) garbage and Williams still has a 4.7 YPC. For comparison, Stewart and his busted toe which will never heal is at 3.3 YPC. Williams' one flaw is that he's a bit of a boom/bust runner, but if you put him on a good team where he doesn't have to deal with 8 and 9 man fronts on literally every play he would kill people.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
he looks slower because he has to dodge defenders 3 yards behind the line every play this year, as opposed to the past few years where it was only 1 out of every 4 plays

Every other player on the current Panthers offense (with Smith out) is playing like (or is) garbage and Williams still has a 4.7 YPC. For comparison, Stewart and his busted toe which will never heal is at 3.3 YPC. Williams' one flaw is that he's a bit of a boom/bust runner, but if you put him on a good team where he doesn't have to deal with 8 and 9 man fronts on literally every play he would kill people.
Right now you might say he is boom or bust because he is literally the only playmaker on the field when Smith is down.

I don't really understand where these rumors start or why they survive. Why would we trade the running back that is the healthier one? They've both had some injuries but Stewart is constantly hurt and DeAngelo is the better all around back. But I guess that decision would really cap off the bone head moves this front office has made.

Steve Smith is more likely to be traded in my opinion.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
I don't really understand where these rumors start or why they survive. Why would we trade the running back that is the healthier one? They've both had some injuries but Stewart is constantly hurt and DeAngelo is the better all around back. But I guess that decision would really cap off the bone head moves this front office has made.
its not so much a question about health but more about money and contract situations.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see the thinking behind what there doing with Williams. If you're going to keep him then why not sign him to a long term deal and if not get something back for him. The Pack seems like the best place for him. Someone said something about James Jones, I could see and would do a deal if I was Panthers. Maybe a James Jones and a second round pick for Williams. My thinking is you don't want to pay a soon to be 28 old running back big money when your D line is trash you don't have a second WR or a top 20 TE.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones and a 2nd is way too much. Hell a 2nd alone is a high price and good enough. If your gonna add James Jones I wouldn't offer more then a 3rd or 4th. Jones may likely be their #2 WR after Driver stops playing at age 54 and he's pretty damn good, he'd be a huge upgrade at their #2 WR position.

I agree they need to trade him though, but GB just doesn't do deals like this for some reason. Lynch isn't as good but was much cheaper and made alot more sense with the Cal connection with Rodgers, they let that opportunity go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

Steve Smith is more likely to be traded in my opinion.

How many games has Stewart missed in his entire career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not arguing but it has to be acknowledged that he's participated in 0 training camps and 0 training sessions during the regular season since like, ever.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

The Panthers are stupid if they don't trade him ASAP. If they don't trade him he'll just walk in free agency and they'll get nothing good in return.

Trade him now, get a pick, and build for the future. They're not winning anything this year, so they'd be better off just declaring it a rebuilding year and hording picks.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The Panthers are stupid if they don't trade him ASAP. If they don't trade him he'll just walk in free agency and they'll get nothing good in return.

Trade him now, get a pick, and build for the future. They're not winning anything this year, so they'd be better off just declaring it a rebuilding year and hording picks.
I agree, they should. They ain't going anywhere for 2 years anyway. Cash him in and speed up the rebuilding process.

But they won't. They think they'll get a new deal done with him or else they'll franchise him.