Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

One of the following teams is going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Steelers, Jets, or Chargers.

I would pencil in the Packers as the favorite in the NFC to play in the Super Bowl, because they are the best team in the NFC when healthy, but they've suffered too many critical injuries this year to be taken seriously. Their defense is decimated, they've lost their #1 RB, and now they risk losing their TE.

I think the Cowboys are still the most talented team in the NFC but they certainly aren't playing like it. But if you had to ask me, I'd say that one of the following teams will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl: Giants, Cowboys, Vikings, or Bears.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
One of the following teams is going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Steelers, Jets, or Chargers.
No.

Even if they turn it around which I think they will I still think they will fall apart in the playoffs.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the Kansas City Chiefs and everybody else, really.
Wait, you actually believed me?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
It's the Kansas City Chiefs and everybody else, really.
Wait, you actually believed me?
If they had a half-decent QB, they actually would be the one of the top 5 teams in the NFL, easily. That defense is legit.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone remember Peter King getting ripped for his Super Bowl prediction of Pittsburgh vs Green Bay?
He was ripped by many readers for..... the Steelers pick! Not the Packers pick.

Injuries are huge factors and are impossible to predict.

Troy Polamalu showed last year how valuable he was by his absence.
heck, the Steelers went 3-0 without Big Ben this year, but without Polamalu last year, their defense sucked compared to normal.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called Ravens over Falcons at the start of the season, and Ill stick to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
If they had a half-decent QB, they actually would be the one of the top 5 teams in the NFL, easily.
I don't know if I would go that far but if they had a QB I could see playoffs, their D, running game and SP teams are all playing great.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont question Morton, he knows the future. So we can book either the ravens steelers or chargers in the super bowl. Again, isnt it great when people post predictions as fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I agree with the whole parity concept. Good for the game. But you lost me here. I don't want to make this into yet another, "How good is Eli? Where does he rank?" thread, but "chuckin' it really well" is a wee bit much.
Have you seen him play? Eli's been quite beastly and if it weren't for 4 passes that bounced off of his receiver's hands he'd be doing absolutely superbly.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Have you seen him play? Eli's been quite beastly and if it weren't for 4 passes that bounced off of his receiver's hands he'd be doing absolutely superbly.

Yes I have. And I'm sure Eli is the only QB who has had interceptions that weren't his fault.

He's the same guy he's always been. He's not amazing (or not "chuckin' it really well" as the OP said. He's just Eli.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What stands out is how flawed all of these teams really are. Especially in the NFC East and AFC South. I think in the AFC it will come down to if New York can sustain its level of play (Mark Sanchez I'm looking at you!) and which of Pittsburgh and Baltimore survives. The NFC is even more wide open: you have to like New York and Atlanta right now.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
So if San Diego fails to win the AFC West this year who will "their" fans support next year?Kansas City?
Good one! Nobody bandwagons the Raiders!

Just look at this INSANE post game celebration at the coliseum after the first Oakland victory against S.D. in seven years!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been the Parity league for years now.

The surprising season was last year when there was no parity...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This has been the Parity league for years now.

The surprising season was last year when there was no parity...
That's what happens when the top teams stay healthy.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

not the best football this year..
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yardage seems to be easier to come by through the air this year... However that may be because the running game is a shell of its former self and teams are just airing it out.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams are playing more aggressively. It might not be something that is easy to see in the stats per se, but you can see it with almost every game.

Even defensive battles these days have their fair share of offensive fireworks. That Steelers v Ravens game was the perfect example - big plays on offense and defense.

It isn't just week to week consistency that is breaking down in the NFL, it's play to play consistency as well. A defense will force 2 sacks in a row and then give up a 30 yard pass seemingly much more regularly now. As stated, the league is starting to play more aggressively, bit by bit. Coaches* are straying from conservative approaches in an attempt to control a game and are instead starting to focus entirely on how they can stike next, and games regularly end up becomming a battle of who can strike first and last.

* Except Jeff Fisher.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL now comes in graph form to highlight the parity of 2010.

Read it clockwise. Atlanta beat Tampa 27-21, Tampa beat Cleveland 17-14 and so on until the Steelers complete the full circle with their 15-9 win over the Falcons from Week 1.

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many times this has happened? Amazed it only took until Week 11 as well.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** parity. It's bad for the NFL because now I feel like any given moment the game can swing for no ******* reason on a stupid play or series of plays.

I was watching a team dominate for 3 quarters and all of the sudden can't do anything right. They lose or almost lose every time.

Very very few scores end up lopsided. You can almost presume they will come back at the end now.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk i like it, it makes every game exciting and Gus Johnson worthy

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't believe there is parity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
it makes every game exciting and Gus Johnson worthy
False, Gus Johnson makes games exciting, not the other way around.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well yea, but now every game has gus johnson moments

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
idk i like it, it makes every game exciting and Gus Johnson worthy
It's kind of cool when it happens once a week, but every game on TV is now the same.

3 quarters of solid football by one team followed by a shift to a nickel/dime D and the other team scores 17+ points in the fourth to either win or barely lose. It's just not even fun to watch that when you *know* it's coming.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's kind of cool when it happens once a week, but every game on TV is now the same.

3 quarters of solid football by one team followed by a shift to a nickel/dime D and the other team scores 17+ points in the fourth to either win or barely lose. It's just not even fun to watch that when you *know* it's coming.
The NFL has jumped the shark.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote