Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't really agree. the red zone offense is still horrific. orton isn't really throwing that well, outside of his league-leading number of attempts.

except the o-line isn't really improving. they can't run block. and yet mcdaniels continues to call running plays. the other team isn't even respecting them at this point, there's literally no point. there's no setup for other plays, there's no keeping safeties in the box. it's a constant "well, i think we need to lose 2 yards on this play, we should run it."

the issue i have is more that he's still viewed as a genius, when his play-calling shows that he's anything but. calling draw after draw on third and mid? they haven't worked all year. why not just take a knee, if you plan to not try? punting from the 37 in a close game in which your defense just finished getting gashed? brilliant. calling screen pass after screen pass, when those screen passes have been averaging something between -3 and 1 yard per play?

i don't really mean to argue through your thread about our ineptitude, but i don't see why people keep giving him the genius appellation. he's not. i'd be willing to bet that nearly every nfl coach not named haley or childress is capable of calling a better offensive game.
Redzone offense is horrible bc your run game is horrible. If you can't run in the redzone, you will struggle. That's why Philly has had poor redzone efficiency the past couple of years.

The oline could never run block. But at least the right side of the line is cleaned up now in pass pro. This is a passing team, McDaniels has always been a shotgun spread offense coordinator. Your screen game is your run game, that's why you run so many screens.

The bottom line is when you look at the talent on that offense, I think he's overachieving with it. Now the lack of talent on that offense is all his fault, bc his egotistical ass decided to trade away all his talent, but the fact remains, he's churning out yardage with no run game, a mediocre qb, and no WRs. That has to count for something.

Give him more time to develop his own talent and he'll be fine. Like YFS always likes to remind us, players make plays. Give them more time in his system and he'll show you what he can do.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
A couple of things on the OP:

Houston has come back to earth because Andre Johnson and Mario Williams arent 100%. Reduce the strength of any team's top 2 players and you'd see the same result.

Stewart Bradley. 99% of the LBs in the NFL cant cover Vernon Davis down the middle of the field, it isnt a knock on Bradley that he is in that group.

Matt Ryan 62% comp rate, 7 to 3 tds to ints and he's been sacked 10 times (which tells me he isnt getting the best line play in the world). He's managing things and winning.
Im not basing my statement on Bradley based off of that. He's been a step slow to the hole and to the sidelines all season. Before his ACL, he had a lot more range. Right now he's playing like good Jeremiah Trotter, a great run stuffer who is ok but not great in coverage.

Before the ACL he had it all. Some likened him to the next Urlacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Mathews is recovering from an ankle injury sustained against Jacksonville. He's being eased in again since Tolbert is the hot hand right now. But Mathews is the better back. He just has to make sure not to fumble the ball again like everyone else on this team has been doing.

You know the sad thing about all this is. I was right that we wouldn't miss McNeill and VJ this year. However, I would never have guessed that we would miss David Binn and Kassim Osgood this badly. Maybe, we'll get the latter back if Jacksonville decides to cut him after this season. We paid him more than good money to be a special team's ace, but he wanted to play receiver. Now he's a tight end with the Jaguars who gets thrown at once in a blue moon. Good times.
Mathews seems ready now. He had what, 10 rushes for 60 yards yesterday? They just passed the ball way too much yesterday.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think it's so funny how McDaniels looks so bad with some of those moves, it's obvious if you don't take away his power to make those decisions he's not gonna last long at all. The irony of the Alphonso Smith situation is funny as hell, as well as giving up PLUS picks for probably the worst player listed as a QB in the NFL, then Hillis is churning out 100 yard games and now they are stuck with Maroney lol. The jokes just make themselves.

No Madden Curse BBD, come on now. I thought it was you had to be hurt? Then once that didn't happen people start saying that it's the Madden Curse if your not playing like an all-pro. Stuff happens, people can't always play at an all-pro level.

Just look at Andre Johnson, what if he was on the cover? What would people be going crazy over right now? Exactly. In the NFL it's hard to play at a high level for a consecutive amount of seasons, or stay healthy, etc, but people always just fit the Madden Curse to anything they want to now, it used to be injuries now it's any bad throw, loss, showing up on the injury report, basically Madden Curse if your not on the 1st team All-Pro.

I agree with Finley being the 2nd best TE, Gates deserves the love you gave him, but Finley is a man out there. He's been leading that team in receptions and yardage, cannot be covered, and is the #1 target.

I also very much agree with Roddy, he is underrated in general. He's gotten so much better since his first 1200 yard season and is still improving. Sadly I agree about Matt Ryan too, someone on here said he's more Matt Hassalback then Peyton Manning like people were assuming he'd be after his rookie year and that seems like it fits. He'll be solid like Hass has been, but not the elite player some were thinking. Roddy makes that team click.

Nicks needs more love. He's not far from being a top 10 WR in the league, right now consistency is the only thing people wanna see, not a flash in the pan.
Brees has a MCL sprain I think. You can see it effect some of his throws yesterday. Call me crazy, but I'm just a superstitious guy. So I'm a sucker for the Madden Curse and all that stuff.

I don't wear any Giants apparel on gameday bc of my superstitions, and I won't ever listen to a Giants or Knicks game on the radio, bc every game I heard on the radio, both teams lost. So I refuse to listen to them on the radio. If I'm in someone else's car, I'd make such a hissy fit about it I'd literally beg them to turn the radio off. That's how superstitious I am.

I won't ever go to a Giants playoff game either, bc every playoff game I went to, they lost.

So yeah, I'm superstitious.

I think Matt Hasselbeck is a great comparison to Ryan. That's pretty spot on.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I never believed in the 49ers. And the reason why was bc of the coaching staff and Alex Smith. But even I never thought they'd consistently lose the way they have this year. This year is such a heartbreaker for them.
I didn't realize it was possible to shoot yourself in the foot as often as the team has.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Carolina players know that Fox isn't putting them in a position to win, so they've quit on him.

Thankfully it's his last season in Charlotte. I'm tired of being out coached every week.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

John Fox needs to take a year off from football, relax his brain, then become the next Giants head coach when Coughlin retires.

I can't wait to see what Fox can do as a coach with the kind of talent the Giants have on defense, and franchise qb on offense.

Fox can only overachieve with the Panthers for so long. He'd turn his career around with the Giants.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure you were one of those anti-Freeman guys....has your opinion on him changed yet?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeeeemmaaaaannnzzzzz <3

Holding the fort for me on fantasy till Vick gets back.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I am pretty sure you were one of those anti-Freeman guys....has your opinion on him changed yet?
Yes I was.

It's starting to change. But again, I'm not going to fully comment on him until I really get to sit down and break him down, and unfortunately, I still haven't caught any Bucs games this year.

I could give you a half ass commentary on him, but it would be based off highlights and articles, and it wouldn't be based off what I see with my own eyes, and I try to avoid that kind of commentary.

So I rather stay away and not mention him at all then say something based off highlights and what other ppl say.

But I will eventually get to him and break him down, then I'll have an honest, genuine opinion of his improvements this season.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates is gonna break the TD reception record. The guy is in SSJLvl.9,000!!! mode. Rivers is insane too.

Brandon Lloyd runs two routes: The comeback/hook route where he run 7 years, and turns back to face Orton as he falls to his knees. Orton just drops it in to him on a 3-step drop for an easy completion and gain. The other is the post route. Both of them work well for him, and the first sets up the second with a nice fake.

Finnegan lined up on the opponent's #1 prior to McCourty getting hurt. He did only line up at RCB for a long time, and this past offseason, they decided to put him on the opponent's #1 full time. But after putting in a rookie in Verner, I'm guessing they felt it was best to assign sides of the field to each CB, that way they didn't have to move the rookie all over the field which could cause confusion.

I'm likin' our defensive scheme too. Cecil is much more aggressive than Schwartz was, and watching our DL is like watching Rex Ryan's "controlled chaos" Ravens defenses. The rotation is always changing, and guys are lining up all over the place. It still gives up yards, but that's fine as long as they dictate some of what the offense does.

Matt Ryan has been nothing but above average for the past two seasons. Dunno what's happened with him. Maybe the loss of Turner?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is missing any thoughts on the Bears.
Hate them? Or are they semi-real.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Gates is pretty much crazy. The dude is on pace for 1500+ yards and 22 TD. I'd support an MVP candidacy if he keeps it up.

Prior to this season, I was touting the Chargers as my pick for the best of AFC. I thought they were going to be great. Overall, they've done everything I thought they would. That passing game is crazy effective, the running game is back on track (and that's even without a healthy Mathews) and the defense is better than I would have anticipated. They just aren't winning games. They gave Oakland that win yesterday.

I guess they'll either start playing mistake free football or they won't, but if they do, everyone should look out.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Matt Ryan is killing me. He's so mediocre. He's my fantasy qb so obviously I have a vested interest in him, but he's just so mediocre. And I'm not talking about his statistics, forget that for a second. I'm talking about his performance, he's just missing guys, he's not getting it out to the right read sometimes, he just doesn't look that great for whatever reason. The defense and run game are doing their part, he has weapons, but he's just doing such a mediocre job out there. He needs to step it up. The Falcons are winning ugly bc Ryan isn't being consistent. If they want to be a true playoff contender and not a 1 and done team come playoff time, they need Ryan to step up.

-Roddy White needs to be seriously considered as a top 5 WR in the league. We never talk about the guy, but he just gets it done. He's the total package as a WR. He's viewed as the same caliber as Greg Jennings, but he's been far more productive than Jennings the past 2 years.

Ryan is simply average, maybe slightly above average at this point. I was willing to write off last year as a combo of sophomore year/injuries/lack of a run game, and just wait for the big improvement this year. I'm still waiting. The only thing I've noticed is that he's more mobile, and has less of a case of happy feet. I agree with him missing guys far too often, but I also think Mike Mularkey deserves a lot of the blame. There were countless times where absolutely no one had a route that got them open, so Matt had to run and chuck it out of bounds. Not to mention, we only see a playaction deep ball to Roddy about once every 4 games when it really should be a major part of our offense.

I will argue with him having the weapons though. Good running game, good run blocking line, decent pass pro line, Roddy White, and a clearly aging Tony Gonzalez. I believe you said it last year, Gonzo's time is coming towards the end. He still attracts attention, and is an extremely reliable target, but his speed and explosiveness is clearly diminished at this point in time. Other than Roddy, there's been nothing, as Harry Douglas has struggled coming off an injury.

And as previously mentioned, Mike Mularkey has gotten away from what made Matt so successful his rookie year. And I will completely agree with us not being a superbowl contender unless Ryan elevates his game. I've stated this countless times.

The thing I can give Ryan is he does live out that "Matty Ice" nickname, as he is a tough ************ who can come through in the clutch. With that, there is the chance he gets on a hot streak in the playoffs ala Eli.

On Roddy, I brought this up to my fellow Falcons fans a couple weeks ago, and I've already seen it mentioned in this thread. I think it's time to place Roddy at that #3 spot.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Brandon Lloyd is a product of the sytem, just like Brandon Marshall was.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Brandon Lloyd is a product of the sytem, just like Brandon Marshall was.
Do you even watch football?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders TE Zach Miller is a stud. Our last 3 games he has had 21rec 248yards and 3 tds. He is still 24 years old and well the best player we have on offence. Future pro bowler????

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Raiders TE Zach Miller is a stud. Our last 3 games he has had 21rec 248yards and 3 tds. He is still 24 years old and well the best player we have on offence. Future pro bowler????
He'll make the pro bowl once the Raiders get an oline so they won't have to leave Miller in to block half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This is missing any thoughts on the Bears.
Hate them? Or are they semi-real.
Don't know yet. It really depends on that run game to me, which prior to the Panthers has looked pretty mediocre. I'll say they're semi-real.

I can see them being 1 and done in the playoffs or maybe a fringe playoff team.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Brandon Marshall reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson.

The good Keyshawn. Circa the Jets under Bill Parcells. Not the mediocre Keyshawn that went to the Bucs and Cowboys.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll make the pro bowl once the Raiders get an oline so they won't have to leave Miller in to block half the time.
Even without it, he might make it. He's on pace for 90 catches, 1000 yards, and 10 TD.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan has been good, not great, his stats bear that out. Doesn't matter though, in the NFC the way it is, with our schedule, we should be an NFCCG team. It is scary that we already went through the difficult part of our schedule and our 4-1 (could have been worse, but who cares).

Last edited by Shiver : 10-11-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Brandon Marshall is not a product of any system, he's a complete beast.
yeah, if Marshall was the product of the system then why did he have two monster years in two different systems in Denver? It's not like he's doing badly in Miami either. He'd probably be doing a lot better if his QB didn't stink so much.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Brandon Marshall is much, much better than Keyshawn Johnson ever was. The guy is literally just like Terrell Owens. Only he has had worse QB play thus far in his career.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Matt Ryan has been good, not great, his stats bear that out. Doesn't matter though, in the NFC the way it is, with our schedule, we should be an NFCCG team.
I don't like the Falcons playing in cold weather in the postseason.

I can see that happening if they play at home or in a dome/warm weather. If they have to go to GB, Chicago, NY, Philly, or Washington I think they'll be one and done.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Brandon Marshall is much, much better than Keyshawn Johnson ever was. The guy is literally just like Terrell Owens. Only he has had worse QB play thus far in his career.
When Keyshawn was a Jet, he was pretty damn dominant. His game was identical to Marshalls.

The thing is, everyone remembers Keyshawn's entire body of work, so he's viewed as a mediocre player. But Keyshawn started his career out as a dominant WR.

He beat down DBs just like Marshall did underneath, and like Marshall was an ok but not great downfield threat.

TO had better speed than Marshall. Marshall wishes he was as fast as TO in his prime.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees does have an MCL injury, and you can certainly see it on his throws. This is a guy that literally won't miss when he sets his feet, and two of those picks were just flat out underthrown balls, and even the TD was a poor throw that Meachem slowed down and had to fall down to catch.

The issues are definitely deeper than just Brees, we are missing Bush's ability to draw a double and free up our mediocre receivers that aren't Marques Colston, and our running game is suffering without Bush and Thomas.

I really think it is the madden curse though when I consider how the Cardinals scored. Really, Max Hall runs and gets destroyed, coughs up the ball. Great play D, right? No, Levi Brown falls on it and scores. Chris Rose sadi that was his first TD ever. Pop warner, high school, college or pro.

Then you have another score where Ladell Betts just coughs it up and it rolls into Rhodes hands and he runs it in.

Curses.... that's what you see when you cause a bunch of fumbles, or you fumble, and every bounce goes the other way :(

Anyway, Bush and Thomas, get well soon. The O-line needs to step up too, I honestly would rather see Strief come in for Stinchcomb.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote