Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if they were playing the Panthers and Jimmy Claussen, if you can win a game with the way Todd Collins played, you deserve respect.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't care if they were playing the Panthers and Jimmy Claussen, if you can win a game with the way Todd Collins played, you deserve respect.
That was a true Grossman-era style victory. Have the defense play out of their damn minds, run the ball like a crazy person, and get some good returns on special teams. They needed it to overcome Collins there.....he's such a bum. Shouldn't even be on this roster. Should have been cut after the preseason when Hanie got healthy again.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you have the Ravens behind two teams that they already beat? Not to mention the fact that the Ravens are statistically a better defense then the Steelers. Keep sleeping on them, but once the offense clicks into gear they are going to make some serious noise. We are 4-1 with our offense out of sync...good luck once it gets going.

And am I the only one who doesn't see it with the Giants? Yes they have a ton of rushers who can get after the QB, but they got absolutely drubbed by the Colts and the Titans. I like the offense outside of the offensive line, but they need to start giving Eli time and the receivers need to get some stickem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 10-15-2010 at 04:51 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How can you have the Ravens behind two teams that they already beat? Not to mention the fact that the Ravens are statistically a better defense. Keep sleeping on them, but once the offense clicks into gear they are going to make some serious noise. We are 4-1 with our offense out of sync...good luck once it gets going.
In case you haven't hear the Steelers are getting Big Ben back this week. If the Ravens were getting Big Ben to be their starting QB this week then I would have them first, but they aren't
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
But you have a quality QB who should play this week....that alone puts you ahead of the Vikings who've looked like crap and don't have quality QB play right now. Stumble your way to 9-7 and you'll probably be a wildcard team.
My thinking is the Vikings are going to get dangerous again with Moss and Rice (random thought...what if it was Jerry?) and their defense should play pretty well.

The Packers, realistically, are probably only going to get more injuries. We can scrap together an average defense but they folded under pressure last year, imagine what will happen with guys playing hurt, street free agents, and UDFAs starting. Offensively, Rodgers has been good but offensive production hasn't translated into points, as well as it should. Teams don't respect us deep (IMO, others disagree here) and we don't have a running game, so we have to go down the field 80 yards throwing 5-8 yard passes. It works for awhile, but eventually a WR fumbles fighting for more yards, unlucky (or not) interception, one missed throw or drop on 3rd or to put us in 3rd and long, so many things can go wrong the way we are playing offense right now.

Also, our next 4 games or so are against some of the best teams. Next week is Miami who plays tough, physical football and (fact check this) they haven't had an injured starter all year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
My thinking is the Vikings are going to get dangerous again with Moss and Rice (random thought...what if it was Jerry?) and their defense should play pretty well.

The Packers, realistically, are probably only going to get more injuries. We can scrap together an average defense but they folded under pressure last year, imagine what will happen with guys playing hurt, street free agents, and UDFAs starting. Offensively, Rodgers has been good but offensive production hasn't translated into points, as well as it should. Teams don't respect us deep (IMO, others disagree here) and we don't have a running game, so we have to go down the field 80 yards throwing 5-8 yard passes. It works for awhile, but eventually a WR fumbles fighting for more yards, unlucky (or not) interception, one missed throw or drop on 3rd or to put us in 3rd and long, so many things can go wrong the way we are playing offense right now.
Well, as bad as all of that is, I don't think the Vikings are much better. Even when Rice comes back, he's going to be rusty trying to get back in the swing of things. Favre's injuries only seem to be piling up, and he has been the Favre from the end of his Green Bay career throwing wtf-ceptions and missing badly with wild accuracy.

And I don't think Brad Childress is smart enough to say "hey, I'll just give it to AP 30 times and let Favre manage the game!" No....he's not that smart.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, as bad as all of that is, I don't think the Vikings are much better. Even when Rice comes back, he's going to be rusty trying to get back in the swing of things. Favre's injuries only seem to be piling up, and he has been the Favre from the end of his Green Bay career throwing wtf-ceptions and missing badly with wild accuracy.

And I don't think Brad Childress is smart enough to say "hey, I'll just give it to AP 30 times and let Favre manage the game!" No....he's not that smart.
Yeah it really comes down to Favre. He single handedly won and lost so many games for us. He'll do the same in Minnesota. As for being rusty, I don't see that happen to players hardly ever, I think they usually do an incredible amount of prep work in rehab mentally and physically, but one exception was the Vikings offense to start the season...

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-15-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you have the Ravens behind two teams that they already beat? Not to mention the fact that the Ravens are statistically a better defense then the Steelers. Keep sleeping on them, but once the offense clicks into gear they are going to make some serious noise. We are 4-1 with our offense out of sync...good luck once it gets going.

And am I the only one who doesn't see it with the Giants? Yes they have a ton of rushers who can get after the QB, but they got absolutely drubbed by the Colts and the Titans. I like the offense outside of the offensive line, but they need to start giving Eli time and the receivers need to get some stickem.
Eh...the Colts game they just walked into a buzzsaw. Manning, in primetime, coming off a week one loss. Also, they ran that stupid 3-DE front the majority of the game and never came out of it even though they were getting gashed against the run.

The Titans game wasn't nearly as bad as the score indicated. They were in that game, they just had some weird WTF moments down the stretch.

Remember, this was a 13-3 team a few years ago and came out like gangbusters last year before their defense completely collapsed down the stretch due to injuries and plain giving up on their DC. Seems like Fewell has them motivated and playing great thus far.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Yeah it really comes down to Favre. He single handedly won and lost so many games for us. He'll do the same in Minnesota. As for being rusty, I don't see that happen to players hardly ever, I think they usually do an incredible amount of prep work in rehab mentally and physically, but one exception was the Vikings offense to start the season...
Revis was definitely rusty coming back after his holdout, and pulled his hammy from pushing too far right away I think. Nothing a player does on his own can match what gets missed in camp and the preseason...so I think Rice is going to be a bit behind physically.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Revis was definitely rusty coming back after his holdout, and pulled his hammy from pushing too far right away I think. Nothing a player does on his own can match what gets missed in camp and the preseason...so I think Rice is going to be a bit behind physically.
Well a player in a hold out not in the organizations programs is a little different I think. It says something about his priorities as well. If Rice comes back and he's 100% he'll play well, or well enough. Maybe take him 1 game. He'll have it easy with Percy and Randy Moss. Who knows if he'll be at 100% though. I don't know much about his particular injury, if it's something that can slow him down, anything about it really. If it's anything like a hammy I don't see him playing at 100% at all this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact the Cowboys are still a top 5 NFC team in your list is laughable and that's all I'm gonna say.

Like their former head coach said: you're as good as your record is. I don't care how talented they are. Right now they're just as good as my Lions as far as I care. Until they win games, I won't take anyone who says they are a top team seriously. That's insane.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didn't get drubbed by the Titans. We played very well that day but we just made terrible mistakes that killed us. We held Johnson the whole game as well until the last 5 mins of the 4th when we knew we were going to lose.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Also, the Vikings defense hasn't been as good as years past, particularly against the run, where they've fallen to 14th. I don't think they're going to be able to ride it quite the same way as they could a few years ago.
The Vikings defense is just fine and has only given up 53 pts despite being put in bad postions due to turnovers and bad offensive play. They have given up some rushing yards but it isn't as bad as the numbers would make it seem. while they definatly aren't the sure fire dominant run defense of the past but they are still a very good run defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
The fact the Cowboys are still a top 5 NFC team in your list is laughable and that's all I'm gonna say.

Like their former head coach said: you're as good as your record is. I don't care how talented they are. Right now they're just as good as my Lions as far as I care. Until they win games, I won't take anyone who says they are a top team seriously. That's insane.
I wouldn't put those teams that high, considering how they are playing right now. But than again hardly any team in the NFC is really playing great football right now. Anyways I think everyone puts a bit too much emphasis on records in these early season power rankings. Just like how Morton has the 3-2 cardinals are just about where they should be. Funny thing about that is no one is asking why a 1-4 and a 0-5 is above them in the rankings.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 10-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

29-10 is a drubbing. I watched the game, and while I was impressed with what you did with Johnson, you still played a very sloppy game. Its easy to say that without certain mistakes you would of done better or stayed in the game a little more, but the fact of the matter is those mistakes were made, and they have been made all season with you guys. Eli made that awful, absolutely atrocious play at the goal line, your offensive line does not look solid and your receivers have had trouble with the tip drill all year long. I like the Giants and Id love to see you guys make a strong push, but at the moment I dont think you are the #1 team in the NFC. I'd take the Falcons over the Giants most definitely, and after that it gets a little mucky. You are lucky that the NFC is so wide open this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
29-10 is a drubbing. I watched the game, and while I was impressed with what you did with Johnson, you still played a very sloppy game. Its easy to say that without certain mistakes you would of done better or stayed in the game a little more, but the fact of the matter is those mistakes were made, and they have been made all season with you guys. Eli made that awful, absolutely atrocious play at the goal line, your offensive line does not look solid and your receivers have had trouble with the tip drill all year long. I like the Giants and Id love to see you guys make a strong push, but at the moment I dont think you are the #1 team in the NFC. I'd take the Falcons over the Giants most definitely, and after that it gets a little mucky. You are lucky that the NFC is so wide open this year.
Well if you read my posts earlier in the thread I do agree with you that we're not the best team in the NFC as of this moment. As for the Titans game yes we killed ourselves but even with that we played well. Our red zone offense was terrible but besides that(I know that's huge) they moved the ball very well against a very good Titans defense. The final score wasn't indicative of how that game actually went. Our defense besides the Colts game has impressed me and we're playing the run better this year than any year I could remember in a long long time. We have the potential to do very well this year but we're not there yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Steelers with Roethlisberger are superior to the Ravens. Steelers have a better defense than anyone in the NFL right now, and Roethlisberger is a better QB than Flacco.

Quote:
The only team that really beat up the Giants was the Colts, and the reason they gave up so many points in that game was primarily to a funky scheme wherein they used DEs inside and gave up alot of yards to Addai.

Every other game they've played in they've dominated their opponent. The reason the Titans beat them was because Manning threw some really fluky interceptions in the worst possible situations and the Giants as a whole generated some really bizarre penalties. The Giants have absolutely dominated the offense of every team they've played except the Colts.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

Records are very deceptive. The Cowboys could easily be 11-5 at the end of the season after sorting out their issues and going on an extended winning streak. Romo is playing out of his mind right now, and the only thing holding back their offense from being elite is the offensive line.

I'm almost certain that both the Vikings and the Cowboys will make the playoffs despite starting off slowly. And I hate the Cowboys and dislike the Vikings - I'm an Eagles fan, but I'm being realistic here.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think either one of those teams is nearly as talented as you and all the analysts give them credit for.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
12. San Francisco 49ers - Tons of talent on this team, terrible execution and luck. Can they put it together before the team quits on Mike Singletary?
In a word: no.

Stick a fork in 'em; tear down that stadium, turn that place into a parking lot and phone it in from Santa Clara.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England's bad defense:

4th worst yards per game, 7th worst points per game.

Worst on 3rd downs (even worse than Buffalo). 5th worst in passing 3rd downs given up and our rushing 3rd downs given up is only low because most of them are 3rd and 8 or longer.

Though, middle of the pack in terms of 1st downs given up. I wonder why that is.

This defense really is flimsy at best.

Last edited by descendency : 10-15-2010 at 07:05 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Records are very deceptive. The ________s could easily be 11-5 at the end of the season after sorting out their issues and going on an extended winning streak.
I agree with the quoted.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Despite the records, the Vikings and Cowboys are still more talented than most of the NFC.
So your rankings are based on "individual talent"?
Like how JaMarcus Russell was ranked so high entering the draft?

There's a big difference between so-called talented players and a great team.

And remember, you have to take the coach into account. They matter.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Records are very deceptive. The Cowboys could easily be 11-5 at the end of the season after sorting out their issues and going on an extended winning streak. Romo is playing out of his mind right now, and the only thing holding back their offense from being elite is the offensive line.

I'm almost certain that both the Vikings and the Cowboys will make the playoffs despite starting off slowly. And I hate the Cowboys and dislike the Vikings - I'm an Eagles fan, but I'm being realistic here.
To be 11-5 after starting 1-3 then would need to go 10-2. That is extremely tough, especially with a tough schedule ahead.

I do see 9-7 as a real possibility. The team does have lots of talent, though a bad o-line really hurts. Especially against a very talented giants defensive line.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
New England's bad defense:

4th worst yards per game, 7th worst points per game.

Worst on 3rd downs (even worse than Buffalo). 5th worst in passing 3rd downs given up and our rushing 3rd downs given up is only low because most of them are 3rd and 8 or longer.

Though, middle of the pack in terms of 1st downs given up. I wonder why that is.

This defense really is flimsy at best.
I still have more faith in this unit than the 2005 one. For whatever that is worth.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We played very well that day but we just made terrible mistakes that killed us.
Is it just me, or does this sentence makes no sense?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote