Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tennis & Golf

Neither sport is popular enough to draw enough attention on here to have its own thread apparently, so let's try a 2-fer. My European and Aussie friends, help me out here with these sports!

Nice win by Federer over Djokovic today in Shanghai. Strange for me to see Roger as the #3 seed and Djoker the #2 seed, as if that was an upset. I still can't believe Fed lost to Djoker at the US Open, up 2-1 in sets. The ladies would have been all done by then. They only have to play 3 sets, and still get paid the same **** money for slams? That's bull****.

Anyway, Murray vs Federer tomorrow in the finals. Gotta like Roger.

What's going on in golf right now?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennis yes, golf no

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennis no. Golf, **** yeah

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Women's Tennis **** Yeah!

We are clearly in the best era of women's tennis and I'm really not talking about the standard of play if you get what I mean.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually there is a golf thread - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...light=pga+golf

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golf is mad hard but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Golf is mad hard but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.
Your mom is mad hard (:O)but is for sure a beautiful sport and is fun to play.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
mitchaldavis
Rookie

mitchaldavis hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

few golf updates:
1. Johnson pulls out of Sony for personal reasons
2. Byrd needs playoff to win at Kapalua Video | Sobel
3. Oosthuizen wins Africa Open in playoff | Scores
4. Europe dominates singles to claim Royal Trophy
5. Gulbis confirms that she's dating Dustin Johnson
mitchaldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good effort from Federer today, but again he loses to Nadal.

Federer could have won this match today, but he choked the 1st set, when he was leading 5-2 and a point away from wrapping up the set and taking a 1-0 lead.
He had 2 break points on Nadal in that game, and the 2nd one he played a too-cute drop shot that was a centimeter wide. He didn't need to go for the line on that shot. The point was his even if Nadal had gotten to it. Then Federer got broken serving for the set at 5-3. That can't happen. Serve good, get the 1st serves in.

Then Federer lost in the tiebreaker in the 2nd set when he got behind early because he hit FOUR forehands into the net, totally unforced errors.

He didn't serve big at the big moments like he did vs Djokovic.

That was the difference. This match should have gone 5 sets, and perhaps Federer should have won in 4 sets. But he is mentally psyched-out by Nadal.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Fed sure **** the bed in the first set. The match was over as soon as he let Nadal back into it.

Fed is psyched out by Nadal on clay, that's for sure!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a glorious Sunday for me watching King Rafa further cement his legacy. I have nothing but love for a fellow Madridista & can't wait til the all England club!! And I called before the match Rafa in 4 sets because the Fed is just too damn good to sweep often & I felt great calling that comeback down 5-2. Came out looking like a genius.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 06-05-2011 at 10:52 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Tiger is out for the US Open next week.
That kills the ratings for NBC, but now they might talk about the real golfers more... the guys who have won something in the past 2 years. Maybe.

I like Geoff Ogilvy next week to win.
Watch out for Hunter Mahan, world #1 Luke Donald, and YE Yang!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my pick for the US Open is Nick Watney...he came close to finally winning a big event last month at Sawgrass and his game has all the necessary tools to get it done at an Open venue

Aaron Baddeley has been playing some solid golf too, prolly go with him as a bit of a "sleeper"

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 06-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What physical traits are needed to be a good golfer? Like, what sets Tiger or Rory apart from the other golfers? I keep thinking about it but all I can come up with is whoever has the best form and has good concentration.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
What physical traits are needed to be a good golfer? Like, what sets Tiger or Rory apart from the other golfers? I keep thinking about it but all I can come up with is whoever has the best form and has good concentration.
Well, yeah, pretty much. Tiger had a sick putting game in his prime, and he could outdrive most golfers.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:06 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dedication.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that golfers are successful into their 40's and 50's casts aside notions that athleticism or physical skill set have anything to do with it. It's all about putting in the hard work, golf is a mental game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very proud of Rory McIlroy as he grew up just 8 miles from myself on the suburbs of Belfast.

Amazingly that's consecutive US Opens for Northern Ireland (pop approx 1.7 million) after Graeme McDowell's victory last year. A new golfing superpower has emerged. lol ;) While I say that with tongue in cheek McIlroy is undoubtedly the sport's next global superstar.

I currently live in London but probably won't be attending Wimbledon this year. Nadal over Federer in the final is my prediction. The womens final - two 6-foot East European stunners please.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Very proud of Rory McIlroy as he grew up just 8 miles from myself on the suburbs of Belfast.

Amazingly that's consecutive US Opens for Northern Ireland (pop approx 1.7 million) after Graeme McDowell's victory last year. A new golfing superpower has emerged. lol ;) While I say that with tongue in cheek McIlroy is undoubtedly the sport's next global superstar.

I currently live in London but probably won't be attending Wimbledon this year. Nadal over Federer in the final is my prediction. The womens final - two 6-foot East European stunners please.
You're from Belfast??? I didnt think anyone else on here was except my brother.

I think it's funny about McIlroy. I used to work with a fella who played him a few times in the West of Ireland championships when McIlroy was like 14 or 15 and he hammered him

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
You're from Belfast??? I didnt think anyone else on here was except my brother.

I think it's funny about McIlroy. I used to work with a fella who played him a few times in the West of Ireland championships when McIlroy was like 14 or 15 and he hammered him

Yes, I'm from the north-west of the city while Rory is from just outside East Belfast in Holywood. McIlroy went to Sullivan Upper school who we used to play against in rugby, field hockey and cricket.

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching McIlroy win it makes me want to get out on the course so bad. I haven't played at all yet this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
That's right.
It's more mental strength in this "sport".
Consistency. Same swing over and over and over and over.... it's a precise game of inches. Fractions of an inch make a world of difference.

Think about this: You can get as good as your mind (and body) will let you, and nobody can do anything about it. No opponent can guard you, pitch to you, cover you, tackle you, trick you, etc. It's just you vs the course.

That's why even though I love golf and play a lot, it's not a true "sport" to me. It's more of a game, like a video game or chess. No defense in it, no running, no jumping, no defense.

Anyway, now to Wimbledon:
Will anyone derail the BIG 4 from the semi's:
  • Nadal
  • Federer
  • Djokovic
  • Murray?

Delpotro looks to get Nadal in the quarters, which will be a good one. And Murray will get Roddick in the quarters. Murray just anhialated him on grass a week ago, and they have split vs each other here at Wimbledon, with Roddick beating him 2 years ago here in the semifinals, with Roddick then losing to Federer in the marathon thriller in the final.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Today's Tsonga-Dimitrov match was semifinal-quality! Great stuff, tremendous drama.

Ryan Harrison is giving the #7 seed Ferrer all kinds of trouble, up 2-1 sets but down in the 4th. I don't see ANY young American player (male or female) who is ever going to win a Grand Slam.
Certainly not Isner or Querrey.

But Harrison has the best chance to eventually get into the top ten one day.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Evidence that golf is not a "sport".
This is your leader thru 2 rounds (or 1 stroke behind), in this week's LPGA event, which is one of their 4 "majors".

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/gallery...-117221386%3A1
Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had to wait 60 years for an Irishman to win another major but since 2007 Irish golfers have won 6, more than any other country.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote