SWDC's Rick Bennett Updates his Mock Draft
1.) Buffalo Bills – QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
– Bills get their franchise QB.
2.) Carolina Panthers – WR AJ Green, Georgia
- QB is a possibility as well, if not, get a weapon for Clausen.
3.) Cleveland Browns – QB Jake Locker, Washington
- McCoy doesn’t look like the answer if the Browns are picking this high.
4.) San Francisco 49ers – DE/OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina
- QB is a possibility, but pass rush help is also a major need.
5.) Detroit Lions – CB Patrick Peterson, LSU
- A blindside protector would be nice, but a CB with elite tools is an excellent consolation.
6.) Dallas Cowboys – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
- Cowboys get a prototype 3-4 DE to keep their defense running strong.
7.) Denver Broncos – DE Marcel Dareus, Alabama
- Finally, another piece to their 3-4 puzzle that currently uses too many journeyman.
8.) San Diego Chargers – WR Julio Jones, Alabama
- If they trade Jackson, Jones would be a very capable replacement.
9.) New England Patriots (from OAK) – CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
- Amukamara would give them their best shut-down corner since Ty Law.
10.) Minnesota Vikings – QB Christian Ponder, Florida State
- A slight reach, but a major need for the Vikings. He fits their system and is loved by many in their FO.
11.) Cincinnati Bengals – QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
- Palmer has badly regressed and a replacement is needed ASAP.
12.) St. Louis Rams – DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
- A stud pass rasher to compliment the finally emerging Chris Long.
13.) Green Bay Packers – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
- A well-rounded rusher to bring some balance to the Packers otherwise powerful offense.
14.) Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt
- A stud WR to help out whoever their QB of the future may end up being.
15.) Washington Redskins – DE Allen Bailey, Miami
- A versatile defender like Bailey would greatly help Washington’s rebuilding efforts on defense.
16.) Tampa Bay Bucs – OL Marcus Cannon, TCU
- The Bucs need help across much of their o-line, including G and RT, spots Cannon could help at.
17.) Miami Dolphins – S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson
- Safety is one of the weaker positions for Miami, and McDaniel would give them a stud there.
18.) Seattle Seahawks – CB Aaron Williams, Texas
- CB is a spot that Seattle could use a talented youngster at.
19.) Tennessee Titans – TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
- The Titans get their best TE since Frank Wyceck.
20.) Indianapolis Colts – OT Derrick Sherrod
- Keeping talent around Peyton is an absolute must, and LT is a spot that needs help.
21.) Kansas City Chiefs – LB Donta Hightower, Alabama
- The Chiefs finally land a real thumper for the inside of their 3-4 defense.
22.) Arizona Cardinals – LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
- The Cards grab a versatile LB to help make up for the loss of Dansby a year ago.
23.) Chicago Bears – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
- Keeping Cutler upright will do wonders for this team and Carimi looks to be an excellent RT.
24.) Houston Texans – CB Brandon Harris, Miami
- Their secondary has been torched in 2010 and Harris will surely help them out there.
25.) Philadelphia Eagles – OL Michael Pouncey, Florida
- The Eagles grab the versatile Pouncey to help out the interior of their o-line.
26.) Baltimore Ravens – WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
- Age is a major problem for their WR corps, and Floyd has a ton of potential.
27.) New Orleans Saints – DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
- The well-rounded Kerrigan would give NO some much needed front 7 help.
28.) New England Patriots – DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
- The Pats land some much needed help for their d-line with the Seymour-esque Crick here.
29.) Atlanta Falcons – OL DeMarcus Love, Arkansas
- Several of the Falcons o-lineman are FAs and Love gives them a versatile option to replace anyone lost.
30.) Pittsburgh Steelers – NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
- The Steelers grab their future NT in the massive Powe here.
31.) NY Giants – OT Anthony Castonzo, BC
- They draft their eventual replacement for Kareem McKenzie at RT here.
32.) NY Jets – DE Christian Ballard, Iowa
- Could develop into an elite 3-4 DE to keep their defense as a top unit in the league.