Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where would you rather have advertising?
Jerseys 4 10.81%
TV Timeouts 27 72.97%
Other 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Advertising

The lesser of two evils?

Other does not mean neither. There has to be some sort of advertising.

Last edited by kalbears13 : 10-20-2010 at 02:46 PM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make the refs wear sandwich boards. Problem solved.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think tv timeouts are the worst thing ever but they can be annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make all the bad calls by refs have a sponsor during the instant replays.

"Today's Wrong Call is brought to you by Super Lasix, where we feel eye sight is a terrible thing to waste."

The next bad call:
"Today's Wrong Call is brought to you by Nike. Is the game passing you by? Our new turf shoes will help you keep up with the Joneses" (insert MJD or Felix or James or Thomas....)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind commercials at all, but what really pisses me off is the commercial after the extra point or field goal, and then ANOTHER commercial after the kickoff. I wish they'd get rid of that. Then again, I watch NFL RedZone for 95 percent of the games that are played, so I don't really have to worry about it.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, here's what I'll say.

Firstly, give the network 3 commercial timeouts per quarter which they can use any time they want, including during plays. They can call these timeouts and the refs will whistle the play dead no matter whats going on at the time.

Secondly, make the uniforms look like stockcars ad-wise. Covered head to f'n toe in advertisements. Ooh, and what if they could have eye shields with holographic advertisements? They don't really disrupt players vision THAT much, but they are a great place to put advertisements for highlight replays.

And thirdly, pop up ads. Networks do this already, but not nearly enough. Usually television pop up ads just advertise upcoming shows? Screw that, thats a golden opportunity being missed right there. Where are the pop up ads for McDonalds? Or Chrysler?

Now, unfortunately, the NFL will need to make sure other professional sports leagues go along with this to make sure NFL fans don't attempt to simply find a new sport to follow.

Get it done National Football League. Oh, there's anther one. Teams sell stadium naming rights, why not league naming rights?

Its working for the New York Red Bulls, right?

Next up, Buffalo Wild Wings vs. The New York Delta Airlines Jets.

Get it done National Exxon League.

[/e-rage]
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that as a european all the advertising during games drives me insane. I don't know how Americans stomach it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who watches commercials? turn the channel. redzone is your friend. if it were up to me, it'd be commercials because i wouldn't be forced to look at a mcdonalds logo on Rodgers' jersey the whole game.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have them on jerseys than this many ads. I don't mind some ads, but as mentioned above there's nothing I hate more than the TD, Ad, Extra point, Ad, kickoff, Ad, Timeout, Ad.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The #1 thing that's going to prevent the NFL gaining popularity in countries dominated by soccer is the constant stops due to advertisements. It makes a halting game dramatically moreso versus a game that often has the bare minimum of ads. If the NFL really wants to expand the game internationally, I would imagine that moderately sized ads on the jerseys would probably make the most sense.

Not that the idea makes me particularly happy, but it seems inevitable. I like how clean NFL jerseys are these days and have always disliked the chest-placed sponsorships that are present in soccer. Personally, I'm inclined to prefer television ads (along with the media timeouts) for the time being if only because as more and more of the game's presentation moves towards the internet, the way it's advertised will change. Putting ads on jersey's is a hard thing to go back on, but continuing to create extra time in which to show ads is okay with me for right now.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

commercial breaks, for me, are pee breaks and refill time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The #1 thing that's going to prevent the NFL gaining popularity in countries dominated by soccer is the constant stops due to advertisements. It makes a halting game dramatically moreso versus a game that often has the bare minimum of ads. If the NFL really wants to expand the game internationally, I would imagine that moderately sized ads on the jerseys would probably make the most sense.

Not that the idea makes me particularly happy, but it seems inevitable. I like how clean NFL jerseys are these days and have always disliked the chest-placed sponsorships that are present in soccer. Personally, I'm inclined to prefer television ads (along with the media timeouts) for the time being if only because as more and more of the game's presentation moves towards the internet, the way it's advertised will change. Putting ads on jersey's is a hard thing to go back on, but continuing to create extra time in which to show ads is okay with me for right now.
Trying to get Europeans to care about American football was about as successful as trying to get them to care about Euro Disney. It's just a cultural thing, and most Europeans simply don't care.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commercial breaks are fine with me, allows to check out other games, take a pee, etc. Sure they can be annoying, but it gives players extra rest, and since we've all been watching it our whole lives its just part of the game to me.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Trying to get Europeans to care about American football was about as successful as trying to get them to care about Euro Disney. It's just a cultural thing, and most Europeans simply don't care.
Disneyland France is the most visited tourists site in the entirety of Europe (granted, lots of those tourists are Americans, but I thought that was an interesting number).
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game has been played for years with TV timeouts and without a bunch of advertisements on uniforms. I don't want to fix what isn't broken. No TV timeouts would affect the games themselves, because the players get fewer breaks.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I could care less because I find it very easy to, you know, switch channels during advertisements.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote