Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher hasn't looked great thus far at LT, right now (when healthy) Gaither is definitely better on the left side. I'd rather get Oher as much time at LT as possible though, and it's not like we have any other options.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I said from day 1 we should have kept Gaither at LT and Oher at RT. IDK why we made the switch. Now its all down hill from there.

We have a elite Oline as it is, with Gaither at LT and Oher at RT it would have been better.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So out of ten, how does Oher look this year?
Old 10-23-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this hurts Gaither in FA. He's shown he can be an elite LT and unlike McNeil he doesn't have a serious degenerative back condition. Then you add the weak draft class at LT and the dearth of quality OL play in the NFL and his value only goes up. This might mean that his contract has less guaranteed money, but he'll still get a massive contract from some team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't mind if the Giants gave him a look. We could use a LT badly. Move Diehl to LG, play Andrews at RT, then we'd just need a Center (maybe, Koets looked impressive) and we'd be good to go.
I'd rather we sign Kalil than Gaither even if the money was equal. Given that I think Kalil would be cheaper I'd definitely much rather see us go after him. Then we add Love, Sherrod or Soldier in the first and our OL is in a good situation.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't think this hurts Gaither in FA. He's shown he can be an elite LT and unlike McNeil he doesn't have a serious degenerative back condition. Then you add the weak draft class at LT and the dearth of quality OL play in the NFL and his value only goes up. This might mean that his contract has less guaranteed money, but he'll still get a massive contract from some team.

I'd rather we sign Kalil than Gaither even if the money was equal. Given that I think Kalil would be cheaper I'd definitely much rather see us go after him. Then we add Love, Sherrod or Soldier in the first and our OL is in a good situation.
I don't see anyway Carolina lets Kalil leave
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I don't see anyway Carolina lets Kalil leave
Yeah, probably not, but i wouldn't be surprised if they did with a new regime coming in to rebuild that team. If we hit him with a massive contract right at the start of FA, provided Carolina lets him get to FA, I actually think there's a solid chance of Kalil moving on just like I think DeAngelo might move on simply because you have to question how much a RB and C are worth a team that's in the middle of a rebuild.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There's no way in hell Carolina lets Khalil go.

Quote:
Yeah, probably not, but i wouldn't be surprised if they did with a new regime coming in to rebuild that team. If we hit him with a massive contract right at the start of FA, provided Carolina lets him get to FA, I actually think there's a solid chance of Kalil moving on just like I think DeAngelo might move on simply because you have to question how much a RB and C are worth a team that's in the middle of a rebuild.
Any new regime would love to have a great Center. They are not letting him go.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta really needs to pay this man. Sam Baker is so atrocious.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
So you're saying that we need a left tackle who never gives up a sack or hit on the quarterback? Pretty sure those don't exist. Who is to say that Jared Gaither or Michael Oher or Joe Thomas or Jake Long also wouldn't have given up a similar hit on the quarterback? According to Football Outsiders, the Lions rank 3rd in the NFL in pass protection and that is with turnstiles at right guard and right tackle. Clearly, the left side of the line must be doing something right.
Ok so Backus has played great this year. When do you think you should address LT, just curious? It's not like Gaither would cost you a draft pick, it's not like you have a ton of excellent players who need re-signed in the next year to two, and it's not like franchise LT's are just popping up in every draft outside of the top 10(which I think Detroit is slowly moving towards picking on the outside of).

So when would be a good time to address LT? Also how long do you expect Backus to play this well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Doubja94
Rookie

Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Atlanta really needs to pay this man. Sam Baker is so atrocious.
This X 1000
Doubja94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
So out of ten, how does Oher look this year?
If you ask a Patriots fan, he won't get a very good rating. He had like 5 penalties (holding and offsides) and gave up quite a few pressures and sacks to (rookie) Jermaine Cunningham.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Jermaine Cunnningham was beating him like a wet towel all day long. Oher just couldn't block him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I really wonder if the pressure of the stupid blindside movie had the coaching staff want to put Oher at LT. From day 1 everyone on the board pretty much agreed that Gaither doesnt have that nasty attitude to play RT, while Oher had the perfect attitude for it.

So when Gaither missed a OTA because of his foot he pretty much got attacked by every member of the media saying he is just pissed abouting the position change. But the media should know better, a bad toe ended John Ogdens career. Who gives a **** if a guy misses a OTA, Gaither missed time in the season because of his foot. So its a legit injury

He lost 30 pounds in the off season so he obviously cares about his health to play in the season. He didnt want all that weight on his foot. Usually when a slacker shows up w/ a weight issue he gained 30 pounds not lost 30.

I think Gaither got his feelings hurt w/ all this media attacking him.

Call me crazy but I think that movie may play a role in this whole mess.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

He lost 30 pounds in the off season so he obviously cares about his health to play in the season. He didnt want all that weight on his foot. Usually when a slacker shows up w/ a weight issue he gained 30 pounds not lost 30.
you really think he lost 30 lbs to take pressure off his foot? When he wants to play LT, and his agent is Rosenhaus? Knowing full well he cant play the RT position (and found out not the LT either) at 310 lbs?

Gaither is full of it. He and Rosenhaus concocted this grand plan, and he ended up hurting his back because he was seriously underweight and out of shape, getting bullrushed in camp.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
DeCrunkMAn
Rookie

DeCrunkMAn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Call me crazy but I think that movie may play a role in this whole mess.
Omg Thank you! I swear I kept thinking this for the longest time lol
Originally Posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.
DeCrunkMAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
you really think he lost 30 lbs to take pressure off his foot? When he wants to play LT, and his agent is Rosenhaus? Knowing full well he cant play the RT position (and found out not the LT either) at 310 lbs?

Gaither is full of it. He and Rosenhaus concocted this grand plan, and he ended up hurting his back because he was seriously underweight and out of shape, getting bullrushed in camp.

I have not seen one article w/ any evidence that Gaither was a slacker. Just a bunch of "The Ravens hate Gaither work ethic so look for Oher to be the LT of the future. Gaither won't be re signed" stuff.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Ravens were ever going to resign Gaither. When Oher took over at LT the writing was on the wall for Gaither. If they perform comparably, I'll take Oher for a few more years on a rookie contract over Gaither on some huge longterm deal. Team's can't resign every one, its a numbers game and he just isn't one of the pressing needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have not seen one article w/ any evidence that Gaither was a slacker. Just a bunch of "The Ravens hate Gaither work ethic so look for Oher to be the LT of the future. Gaither won't be re signed" stuff.
........¿Que?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I don't think the Ravens were ever going to resign Gaither. When Oher took over at LT the writing was on the wall for Gaither. If they perform comparably, I'll take Oher for a few more years on a rookie contract over Gaither on some huge longterm deal. Team's can't resign every one, its a numbers game and he just isn't one of the pressing needs.
Yea, they will probably focus on locking up Ngata and Yanda this offseason, as well as a few others. There are a lot of guys coming due for them.