Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.
Default Trading up...

I was curious to know if the trade talks have died off or if we are working under the table...If anyone can fill me in on the possibilities for us that would be great.....

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I haven't heard anything really at all. I don't see us trading up. The Jets would have been better suited to trade up before the Thomas Jones trade if they planned on doing it.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Johnny4

I could see us trading up, especially if Alan Branch falls past 11. We have 3 picks in round 1-2 and have filled our biggest need which was RB and resigned a starting RT. At this point our 2 biggest needs are CB and 3-4 DL. If the right guy is thee, why not trade up? We know Bradway will trade up and he is stll part of the front office. If Tangini is truly doing the NE plan then they won't trade up and might take the best available player. This would be interesting because the best/avail at 25 will probably be an OL.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4 View Post
I could see us trading up, especially if Alan Branch falls past 11. We have 3 picks in round 1-2 and have filled our biggest need which was RB and resigned a starting RT. At this point our 2 biggest needs are CB and 3-4 DL. If the right guy is thee, why not trade up? We know Bradway will trade up and he is stll part of the front office. If Tangini is truly doing the NE plan then they won't trade up and might take the best available player. This would be interesting because the best/avail at 25 will probably be an OL.
as much as i agree that there could be some very talented oline players there, i still would much rather have revis if he is available...becuase i think 25 is a bit too high for blalock considering we could get manny ramirez with our 3rd or 2nd 2nd..not the overall athlete blalock or sears is but hes one strong mother and the run blocker we could use..thus i think the difference between revis and a low second round CB is much greater than blalock to ramirez

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
as much as i agree that there could be some very talented oline players there, i still would much rather have revis if he is available...becuase i think 25 is a bit too high for blalock considering we could get manny ramirez with our 3rd or 2nd 2nd..not the overall athlete blalock or sears is but hes one strong mother and the run blocker we could use..thus i think the difference between revis and a low second round CB is much greater than blalock to ramirez
Agreed, very well said.

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could Alan Branch play NT? Or a 3-4 DE?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Could Alan Branch play NT? Or a 3-4 DE?
He's too tall to play NT. He'd make a very nice 3-4 DE across from Ellis though. That tandem just might match the Pats (well, almost).
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Branch's Pro Day it seems like he is out of shape and lazy. He's a talented guy but I think he's going to flop in the NFL. I want no part of him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

I'd rather trade up for the monster Patrick Willis. 6'1 247 and a sub 4.3 40!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely do not want to trade up for Willis. One, his stock is going to be higher than it should be, because although he is the best LB in the draft I don't think he plays that fast on the field. Secondly, we really can't afford to trade up anyway, I think we need picks to address a few different areas. Thirdly, he's basically a Vilma clone, if we were going to draft an ILB for our defense we'd need more of a run thumper like David Harris.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Just FYI it wasn't sub 4.3, it was a sub 4.4. Sub 4.3 would be ridiculous, nobody has gone sub 4.3 this year that I know of so for a LB to do it would be absolutely insane.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Just FYI it wasn't sub 4.3, it was a sub 4.4. Sub 4.3 would be ridiculous, nobody has gone sub 4.3 this year that I know of so for a LB to do it would be absolutely insane.
I meant sub 4.4. Sorry. Anyway, I don't want to trade up for him, but I'm saying at rather trade up to 15 or so for Willis than 11 or so for Branch.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Willis was overpowered by Tony Hunt multiple times in the Senior Bowl.

That told me all I needed to know about Willis.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
He's too tall to play NT. He'd make a very nice 3-4 DE across from Ellis though. That tandem just might match the Pats (well, almost).
Jamal Williams is 6'3.
Ted Washington is 6'5.

Haloti Ngata is 6'4 and while he was not the NT, he was essentially doing the job of one from what I understand.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alan Branch is 6'6.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Jamal Williams is 6'3.
Ted Washington is 6'5.

Haloti Ngata is 6'4 and while he was not the NT, he was essentially doing the job of one from what I understand.
Branch is 6'6"

Ngata and Washington are 4-3 NT's primarily.

Are you going to chop 3 inches out of Alan Branch's frame?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Branch is 6'6"

Ngata and Washington are 4-3 NT's primarily.
Ted Washington played a pretty big part in the Patriots second lombardi.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea but you're talking about guys who tip the scales raniging from 355-370 Branch is depending on who covers him 325-335 thats not as stout for a man of his height

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

If we get Branch (which I don't believe would be the guy we trade up for), he is going to DE. He is too tall to play NT. He would eat up blockers but he is a little too tall for NT. He also is a bit of a slacker. That is not a Tangini player.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Ted Washington played a pretty big part in the Patriots second lombardi.
Without him, they surely wouldn't have won it.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

If the Jets were to trade up it would be for Alan Branch to play DE (he would be a UT in a 3-4) or Leon Hall, maybe. I'm surprised no one mentioning Adam Carriker.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah View Post
If the Jets were to trade up it would be for Alan Branch to play DE (he would be a UT in a 3-4) or Leon Hall, maybe. I'm surprised no one mentioning Adam Carriker.
I would love Carriker, but he's not exactly the guy most teams would trade up for. He'll be a great DE, but he's not a must-have guy.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Im not sayin the Jets should give a lot up. If Carriker were at say the 20 spot, I think that isa fair assesment.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
gang_green03
Rookie

gang_green03 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd trade up for Carriker or Branch (preferably Carriker), but that's about it. If either of them fell out of the Top 15, I'd have no problem with trading up providing it only costs 1 of our 2nd rounders (I think the value works out). Both have stud potential at what's probably our weakest position.
gang_green03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
jetboy09

if Carriker fell out of the top 15 then i could see us trading up, we could just get asante samuel next year