Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
meh.....Locker hasnt put up many W's either.
He's beaten your Trojans twice

and a pretty good Oregon State team
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TD Marc Tyler, great way to start this 2nd half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Wonder I just did some research. I don't think Vincent, Spencer, or Stallings played with Eli so knock them off. Andrews did and Metcalf must have as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
He's beaten your Trojans twice

and a pretty good Oregon State team
yeah i know this, but lets count how many hes won over 4 years? I love Locker, ive played against him and hung out with him numbers of times but the guy hasnt been the definition of a winner so far. I mean they went 0-12 2 years ago.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh.....Locker hasnt put up many W's either.
Locker's struggled at times, i dont think anyone is disputing that. I'm just trying to put it in the context of a real bad supporting cast but at some point he has to find a way to win some of these games.

Someone brought up a good point. If you had Locker playing with Stanford and Luck the Huskys would there have been a differant result. I think it's safe to say Jake would have found all those open receivers and he would have scored on that 50 yard keeper. (in less time too)
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Locker's struggled at times, i dont think anyone is disputing that. I'm just trying to put it in the context of a real bad supporting cast but at some point he has to find a way to win some of these games.

Someone brought up a good point. If you had Locker playing with Stanford and Luck the Huskys would there have been a differant result. I think it's safe to say Jake would have found all those open receivers and he would have scored on that 50 yard keeper. (in less time too)
I agree, no one would be very successful behind that O line

and people keep in mind i do enjoy watching U Dub, its just the truth lol

Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah i know this, but lets count how many hes won over 4 years? I love Locker, ive played against him and hung out with him numbers of times but the guy hasnt been the definition of a winner so far. I mean they went 0-12 2 years ago.
He played 3 whole games in that 0-12 season, as i'm sure you know.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey Wonder I just did some research. I don't think Vincent, Spencer, or Stallings played with Eli so knock them off. Andrews did and Metcalf must have as well.
Spencer definitely did. He was a starter on the team that won the Cotton Bowl in 2003.

Stallings made 2002 all SEC freshman

Vincent may not have, but you said 5 years and Vincent fits in the time frame
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean they went 0-12 2 years ago.
Locker only played in the first four games that season.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
He played 3 whole games in that 0-12 season, as i'm sure you know.
yeah that was a mistake on my part

Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Nos. are fine but Ws count more. How many Ws did Eli put up at Ole Miss?
About 28-30 in 3.5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maehlzzz 3rd TD.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC vs Oregon will go on until midnight PDT, rest of the country asleep.

Locker deserves a decent offense to put up points in the NFL -- watch his smoke when it happens. He has superstar written all over him, decent arm & very good fb smarts, decision-making. The tools are there.

Oregon scores again, talk about luck of the ducks! Dropped the ball on the previous play & recovered it.

USC has to punt now, plenty of time though. This has been a seesaw battle

Last edited by LizardState : 10-30-2010 at 09:43 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Spencer definitely did. He was a starter on the team that won the Cotton Bowl in 2003.

Stallings made 2002 all SEC freshman

Vincent may not have, but you said 5 years and Vincent fits in the time frame
Ok then Spencer was a freshman. Also Vincent doesn't count since I said drafted. Eli played half a year in 2000 and then started from 2001-2003. Do you know if any WR's or Rb's made the NFL?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok then Spencer was a freshman. Eli played half a year in 2000 and then started from 2001-2003. Do you know if any WR's or Rb's made the NFL?
Spencer was a junior for the 2003 season. He was in the 2005 draft after the 2004 season.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Maehlzzz 3rd TD.
Obviously the Trojan corners cant cover anyone.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Spencer was a junior for the 2003 season. He was in the 2005 draft after the 2004 season.
Well I have no idea what I read then. Anyway my point still stands that Eli in a tougher conference still didn't have much around him either and at least came out with winning records.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Also Vincent doesn't count since I said drafted. Eli played half a year in 2000 and then started from 2001-2003. Do you know if any WR's or Rb's made the NFL?
You said in the NFL. Not drafted.

And WR Taye Biddle is apparently in the NFL.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You said in the NFL. Not drafted.

And WR Taye Biddle is apparently in the NFL.
Ok I meant drafted. Nobody good in the NFL I really should have said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I have no idea what I read then. Anyway my point still stands that Eli in a tougher conference still didn't have much around him either and at least came out with winning records.
Eli Manning was a helluva QB and the season they won the Cotton Bowl and had 10 wins was definitely impressive.

I can't help thinking most if not all the guys on that Ole Miss offense would start on this Washington team, but I'm sure many would disagree.

I hope Locker ends up on the Browns.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli Manning was a helluva QB and the season they won the Cotton Bowl and had 10 wins was definitely impressive.

I can't help thinking most if not all the guys on that Ole Miss offense would start on this Washington team, but I'm sure many would disagree.

That was a long time ago and I can't say I remember much about those guys, but I'm willing to be that even though they'd be better than Washington's team, the level of competition they had to face in the SEC nullified that.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:

A better comparison for Locker was probably Jay Cutler at Vanderbilt. Cutler was like 11 for 35 while throwing at around 60%. Pretty similar offensive weapons that each guy had to work with, although there is a guy in the NFL that Jay had to throw to. (Earl Bennett?)
Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

30-22 Baylor with 2:09 to play, my God Texas stinks on ice this yr.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A better comparison for Locker was probably Jay Cutler at Vanderbilt. Cutler was like 11 for 35 while throwing at around 60%. Pretty similar offensive weapons that each guy had to work with, although there is a guy in the NFL that Jay had to throw to. (Earl Bennett?)
Cutler had Bennett as a true freshman iirc. Not that big of an impact though....

Cutler has to be wondering right now what offense he made towards the football gods to keep sticking him on teams with poor supporting casts. He at least has better weapons with the Bears, but pressure in his face every play.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

****....that ball is uncatchable.

Quote: