Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And yes im serious about eli, i know im gunna catch hell for it but ive been very very impressed with his play this year dude looks fantastic. I know hes had a lot of picks on the stat sheet but the majority (and thats no exaggeration) have hit recievers in the hands and theyve just tipped it into the air for grabs. If you dont go by the stat sheet and just watch them play, this is how i see it.
Eli's legit...If any QB is actually underrated in the league it's this guy.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i throw like rivers with the sidearm. my hand was too small to grip the ball as a little kid so i pushed it, i dont know his reason for his weird mechanics but while it looks weird hes like 6-4 so its not a big deal
That's actually why Rivers throws it sidearm as well. I promise you that if Rivers was on your team, you would love him dearly as well. The guy also isn't a douche off the field like Big Ben was in the past before his "rebirth" especially when it comes to the fans. You also never have to worry about any off the field problems because he just disappears during the offseason with his family.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is one of my favorite QBs in the NFL. . . No bias at all. . .
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
People do the same thing to Peyton Manning, go back and check that thread from the beginning of the year. 'its not that hes good, its that collie and garcon are better than they thought, so and so thought he was a very underrated prospect blah blah blah.' im sure tamme is another guy everyone thought was sick and its still his weapons that are making him great. Some of the playoff loses are his fault and bad games, but people just remember those and forget the vanderjagt miss in the dome and the drops and dissappering acts by Harrison.

look ill admit it, i dont like rivers as a person, he bitches on the field a lot and i especially hate him after that INT last year against the jets when he got in the refs faces screaming at them that they were wrong. then they show the replay...it was a pick. it pissed me off to no end that he freaked like that and was clearly wrong, rubbed me the wrong way permanently really. I also thought he was very overrated and benefited from big targets and gates (still do to some degree but thats wearing off a bit). I also hate his girlyass throwing motion.

But hes proven this year that when his team sucks he can carry them and give them a chance. Hes not quite there yet (they somehow keep losing despite him throwing it all over gods 40 acres) but hes reaching that elite level and while i dont like him as a person you gotta give the player props.

Now better than Big Ben, Rodgers, and (**** it, im throwing him in there too) Eli? Idk its tough to rate them because theyre all pretty damn close (yes eli too, watch him, especially in the clutch, very consistent player). as far as WHO PLAYING BETTER RIGHT NOW AND WHOD ID RATHER HAVE THROWING THE BALL FOR MY TEAM:
Peyton/Brady, Rivers, Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Ben. (calm down)<---thrown in because everyones gunna be like "qb from my favorite team is too low blah blah stat homer homer blah." i think this is howd id put it off the top of my head but gotta think about it a little more might come back to this. just sayin, im tired. (ryan orton flacco henne hasselback cutler schaub vick i know i gotta think a lot more and see where they all fall)

To me, Rivers' play puts him in the convo for 3rd with Brees all things considered and basing it off right now, id say brees hasnt looked himself until this past week so we'll see if that keeps up, very close though.

And yes im serious about eli, i know im gunna catch hell for it but ive been very very impressed with his play this year dude looks fantastic. I know hes had a lot of picks on the stat sheet but the majority (and thats no exaggeration) have hit recievers in the hands and theyve just tipped it into the air for grabs. If you dont go by the stat sheet and just watch them play, this is how i see it.

i hate writing a lot and getting stuck at the bottom of the ******* page
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is legit as balls. Take it from someone who has witnessed his stretch run shenanigans first hand. He just wills that team to victories in order to get into the playoffs. He's the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league for my money, right after Manning and Brady, maybe Brees too depending on whether or not he recaptures the magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not saying he's not legit, hell, I just compared him to a HOFer.

I just don't view him as top 5 in the league. That doesn't mean I don't view him as a great qb, I absolutely do. Just not top 5 in my eyes.

And while I'll readily admit Nate Kaeding totally choked the Jets game away last year, let's not pretend that Rivers had a great game either. He actually had a very poor game, so it wasn't all Nate Kaeding.

I just want to see more, that's all.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Philip Rivers > Chuck Norris

i mean anyone who can spell their name PHILIP with one L has to be a prodigy
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I just don't view him as top 5 in the league. That doesn't mean I don't view him as a great qb, I absolutely do. Just not top 5 in my eyes.

And while I'll readily admit Nate Kaeding totally choked the Jets game away last year, let's not pretend that Rivers had a great game either. He actually had a very poor game, so it wasn't all Nate Kaeding.

The biggest things were the interceptions, but both of them were on Vincent Jackson. The first was a weird play that VJ should have caught, but it ended up bouncing off his legs and into Revis's hands. The second interception was also on VJ. He gave up on that dig route.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I definitely think you need to see more Rivers, because you keep making statements with with no support and ignoring the refuting statements. I really think by the time you're falling on the 'Rivers is a fantasy football driven quarterback' argument, you are basically admitting you haven't seen him play much.

This is kind of a problem with SD in general. Nobody even woke up on Ladainian until 2006.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is at worst, the 4th best QB in the league.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys do realize that Rivers is one pace to break some big records with a group of WR's that are made up of special team players and practice squard players.

Peyton is obviously the best in the game but I think you can start to talk about Rivers at #2.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
The biggest things were the interceptions, but both of them were on Vincent Jackson. The first was a weird play that VJ should have caught, but it ended up bouncing off his legs and into Revis's hands. The second interception was also on VJ. He gave up on that dig route.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8PoD6RHBbg <--first pick you were talking about
It wasnt a very good throw though, that looked like a fade or go route (maybe a post) and he underthrew it and lobbed it and made it just a jump ball against the best corner in the game that year. I know VJ is bigger but idk that was off the back foot too not the best lookin play. To me, thats on both of them, he shoulda bailed rivers out but he sucked too and the protection got blown up in half a second, just a bad play all around.
Cant remember the other one though so no idea ill take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I definitely think you need to see more Rivers, because you keep making statements with with no support and ignoring the refuting statements. I really think by the time you're falling on the 'Rivers is a fantasy football driven quarterback' argument, you are basically admitting you haven't seen him play much.

This is kind of a problem with SD in general. Nobody even woke up on Ladainian until 2006.
Eh hes good but its definitely arguable hes not as great as you guys are saying. Not saying he sucks, i ranked him third over brees based on their play this year, but some guys are ranking him based off body of work or the last season or two at least and he hasnt come through in the playoffs as well as you SD fans seem to think. I mean, you had a loaded team for a few years and he did nothing with it. Again, i like him as a player, but its definitely arguable and legitimate to feel very different about him.

Its odd because for how good hes played and got that offense moving, he cant seem to will them to victory early in the year. If he can do it again in december then idk i kinda think that the great weather and area makes the whole team work less over the summer so they can go out and enjoy the ladies and party scene and then they pay for it early before putting it back together. wild stupid guess lol

But the fact that he goes through long streaks of losing (start of each year) doesnt really inspire confidence in me when i watch him. hard to explain what i mean (as you can tell)

Quote:
That's actually why Rivers throws it sidearm as well. I promise you that if Rivers was on your team, you would love him dearly as well. The guy also isn't a douche off the field like Big Ben was in the past before his "rebirth" especially when it comes to the fans. You also never have to worry about any off the field problems because he just disappears during the offseason with his family.
check the video i posted. maybe hes cool off the field, but on the field on that play he was an enormous dbag, running down the field screaming his head off at the refs when they were very right and made a good call, it was very classless. I hate when he does things like that, between his girly throwing motion and ***wipe looking face its very hard to like him as a person, but hes a good QB and gets it done so eh

Last edited by hockey619 : 11-03-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, i think hes a douche bag on the field....but i cant blame him for being competitive and getting fired up. he is asked to lead a team so emotion isnt really a negative thing
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
check the video i posted. maybe hes cool off the field, but on the field on that play he was an enormous dbag, running down the field screaming his head off at the refs when they were very right and made a good call, it was very classless. I hate when he does things like that, between his girly throwing motion and ***wipe looking face its very hard to like him as a person, but hes a good QB and gets it done so eh
Are you going to get on Peyton and Tom for doing the exact same things as well?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ZrS...eature=related

Why I would want to play on Rivers' team as opposed to any other QB in the league (outside of Peyton)
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Quote:
Are you going to get on Peyton and Tom for doing the exact same things as well?

I can honestly say ive never seen any other player act like that toward the refs in any game. He RAN down the field and went nuts at the refs, never seen anything on that level from a QB and not sure ive seen it from any other player, though i do remember some DT back in the day getting hit in the eye with a flag and flipping out but that seems fairly warranted imo

Peyton and Brady will ***** and lobby for calls (especially Brady immeddiately post knee injury, hes calmed it down a little now to normal levels) but ive never seen either do anything like that, especially when they were so clearly wrong. And he was. How could you possibly not see how big of a jack*** he was being?

I get it, youre a Chargers fan and you like him cause hes your QB, try taking the homer glasses off for a second and look at it objectively: it was far from his finest moment and was really embarrassing for him considering he was completely wrong.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ZrS...eature=related

Why I would want to play on Rivers' team as opposed to any other QB in the league (outside of Peyton)
.................................what about that was impressive at all? He prevented a touchdown, nice play by him. Wasnt a big hit or like he ran someone down. what was so bad*** about that that youd want him for that play? i like his competitiveness which is a reason to like him. Idk why the hell an ankle tackle like that would sway anyone.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
I can honestly say ive never seen any other player act like that toward the refs in any game. He RAN down the field and went nuts at the refs, never seen anything on that level from a QB and not sure ive seen it from any other player, though i do remember some DT back in the day getting hit in the eye with a flag and flipping out but that seems fairly warranted imo

Peyton and Brady will ***** and lobby for calls (especially Brady immeddiately post knee injury, hes calmed it down a little now to normal levels) but ive never seen either do anything like that, especially when they were so clearly wrong. And he was. How could you possibly not see how big of a jack*** he was being?

I get it, youre a Chargers fan and you like him cause hes your QB, try taking the homer glasses off for a second and look at it objectively: it was far from his finest moment and was really embarrassing for him considering he was completely wrong.
Well first of all, I really think you're exaggerating how he's acting in that video. But then again, it may because that's pretty normal behavior for Rivers to me. He likes to go overboard with certain things especially when it comes to penalties that don't go his way. Very similar to almost every other QB in the league especially Brady and Peyton. With Rivers, however, it's sometimes hysterical times ten due to his personality.

As for being clearly wrong....you forget that he didn't have the luxury of seeing it on the tv and that the replay had not happened yet. From his distance and perspective, it probably did look like the ball hit the ground first before Revis got it.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
.................................what about that was impressive at all? He prevented a touchdown, nice play by him. Wasnt a big hit or like he ran someone down. what was so bad*** about that that youd want him for that play? i like his competitiveness which is a reason to like him. Idk why the hell an ankle tackle like that would sway anyone.
He's not saying that anything's overly impressive. Its just showing that rivers is going to pour his heart out for his teammates no matter what happens in the game. He's just that kind of competitive.

And just to show some people up. Rivers went 27-36, 305 yds, 2 tds sunday against the Titans and a pretty decent D with Patrick Crayton, Buster Davis, and Seyi Ajiratutu as his WR's. I would call that extremely impressive. There's only one other guy in the NFL who can make such a group of awefull players look so good and his name is Peyton Manning.

And Hockey619, yah he underthrew a ball running away from Ellis (i think) to his 6'5" 240 lb receiver. He can get away with doing that sometimes with Floyd and Jackson, but there's no reason Jackson shouldn't have made that catch. Its like the old saying, if it hits your hands, you should catch it. I understand that you dont like the guy (i dont know if you do or dont, but your argument sounds like you dont) but thats just nitpicking trying to find SOMETHING wrong with him.

Last edited by Duffman57 : 11-04-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8PoD6RHBbg <--first pick you were talking about
It wasnt a very good throw though, that looked like a fade or go route (maybe a post) and he underthrew it and lobbed it and made it just a jump ball against the best corner in the game that year. I know VJ is bigger but idk that was off the back foot too not the best lookin play. To me, thats on both of them, he shoulda bailed rivers out but he sucked too and the protection got blown up in half a second, just a bad play all around.
Cant remember the other one though so no idea ill take your word for it.

Eh hes good but its definitely arguable hes not as great as you guys are saying. Not saying he sucks, i ranked him third over brees based on their play this year, but some guys are ranking him based off body of work or the last season or two at least and he hasnt come through in the playoffs as well as you SD fans seem to think. I mean, you had a loaded team for a few years and he did nothing with it. Again, i like him as a player, but its definitely arguable and legitimate to feel very different about him.

Its odd because for how good hes played and got that offense moving, he cant seem to will them to victory early in the year.
If he can do it again in december then idk i kinda think that the great weather and area makes the whole team work less over the summer so they can go out and enjoy the ladies and party scene and then they pay for it early before putting it back together. wild stupid guess lol

But the fact that he goes through long streaks of losing (start of each year) doesnt really inspire confidence in me when i watch him. hard to explain what i mean (as you can tell)

that's all i'm basically saying. i don't think its a crime to believe he's not top 5, and I think there are valid reasons to believe he's underachieved with his teams.

its not like im saying he stinks, he's a franchise qb, a stud qb, i just don't view him as a top 5 qb is all.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Quote:
Well first of all, I really think you're exaggerating how he's acting in that video. But then again, it may because that's pretty normal behavior for Rivers to me. He likes to go overboard with certain things especially when it comes to penalties that don't go his way. Very similar to almost every other QB in the league especially Brady and Peyton. With Rivers, however, it's sometimes hysterical times ten due to his personality. Thats the part i was talking about, every QB lobbies for calls, no one goes as hysterical as he did that time. It just rubbed me the wrong way, i was just using it to explain why i dont like him as a person. but like you said if youre used to seeing him then thats probably not a huge deal. I just know that if i was playing with him on my team that kinda stuff would irritate the hell out of me. dont rip me yet, keep reading.

As for being clearly wrong....you forget that he didn't have the luxury of seeing it on the tv and that the replay had not happened yet. From his distance and perspective, it probably did look like the ball hit the ground first before Revis got it. which is why he shouldnt have been yelling like that considering the ref was right there and he was twenty+ yards away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
He's not saying that anything's overly impressive. Its just showing that rivers is going to pour his heart out for his teammates no matter what happens in the game. He's just that kind of competitive. thats the thing i do like about him, his personality is annoying as hell but the dude is willing to take hits and play hurt cause hes so damn competitive and you gotta respect that regardless. as i said before, if i were his teamate id hate the yelling crap but that willingness to play through pain and fight and scrap like hell would be something id love about him

And just to show some people up. Rivers went 27-36, 305 yds, 2 tds sunday against the Titans and a pretty decent D with Patrick Crayton, Buster Davis, and Seyi Ajiratutu as his WR's. I would call that extremely impressive. There's only one other guy in the NFL who can make such a group of awefull players look so good and his name is Peyton Manning. i thought of this too and yes it is very impressive when him or peyton make a bunch of guys look like pro bowlers and also shows how hard rivers must work that he can plug a guy in and have his timing down and be comfortable working with them. he still needs to keep winning with just about anyone before he enters the Manning/Brady circle of 'just give me 10 guys you will listen to me and get out of my way' level of awesome. but seeing him succeed without those tall weapons (even with gates still) is impressive

And Hockey619, yah he underthrew a ball running away from Ellis (i think) to his 6'5" 240 lb receiver. He can get away with doing that sometimes with Floyd and Jackson, but there's no reason Jackson shouldn't have made that catch. Its like the old saying, if it hits your hands, you should catch it. I understand that you dont like the guy (i dont know if you do or dont, but your argument sounds like you dont) but thats just nitpicking trying to find SOMETHING wrong with him. i thought so too must not have made that clear enough and yeah rereading it it does sound a little haterish. but i dont think he was without fault there either though like someone was making it sound, it wasnt a very good throw. then again, the line got blown up right away and the play fell apart he tried to make a play so im sticking with my original thinking of it was just a bad all around play for the team. Rivers didnt make the adjustments beforehand so guys got through (maybe he thought jackson could get deep with revis and beat him on that jump?), his line let guys through right away, rivers threw a jump ball off his back foot that got close enough to the target, jackson had a huge size advantage and still failed to bring it in. granted, it was revis so maybe he should tried somewhere else with the ball, but jackson probably shouldve had it. that was a long explanation sorry, just explaining how i see it which is, in summary: no one on the chargers had a particularly great play on that one
Quote:
that's all i'm basically saying. i don't think its a crime to believe he's not top 5, and I think there are valid reasons to believe he's underachieved with his teams.

its not like im saying he stinks, he's a franchise qb, a stud qb, i just don't view him as a top 5 qb is all.

Yeah with that i was basically defending your point that youd made before, i agree hes good but i can completely understand if some dont like his style as much as others. someone was saying rivers out of the top 5 is absurd, which i dont think is right. out of the top 10? yeah absurd. out of the top 5? arguable.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:

Right now, Rivers is basically having the same problems that Peyton had earlier in his career. He's playing lights out during the regular season but not so well during the postseason. Some of it is on him and some of it is on others and some of it is on just dumb luck. I mean if one was to just generalize, I could say that Eli hasn't had that much success in the postseason either, and that it was his defense that led to that Superbowl victory.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah with that i was basically defending your point that youd made before, i agree hes good but i can completely understand if some dont like his style as much as others. someone was saying rivers out of the top 5 is absurd, which i dont think is right. out of the top 10? yeah absurd. out of the top 5? arguable.
I just want to clarify that by hysterical I mean funny, not crazy. He's a funny dude sometimes. I love his trash talking as well since it's so out there. One example is when one of his receivers manage to catch a ball over a defensive back.

This is what he says: "How do you like that bowl of wheaties scooped?" What a country bumpkin. lol
Old 11-08-2010, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as an update again...

Rivers today was 17/23 for 295, 4 TD's and 1 INT. And again this is with Seyi Ajirotutu, Patrick Crayton and the guy who was picked up 2 days ago in Kelley Washington at WR, and No gates at TE. I'd start to say that he's a stud. Think if he had all his weapons now. This just shows up all the people who think "he's never had a bad O" and he has now, and he still goes for a hell of a game.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after the bye he gets Floyd and VJax back and Gates will have healed up a bit

that is going to be scary

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote