Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Vjax, floyd, naenae, buster, and then gates did not phase him!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell of a game by Rivers. I think SD is going to do what it does, and rally late to steal the division again.

And good god Houston. Your secondary blows. Your defense blows. The whole thing. It deepthroat blows.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
after the bye he gets Floyd and VJax back and Gates will have healed up a bit

that is going to be scary
Thats what i'm sayin!

Thats gonna be one HELL of an Offense.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was basically a perfect game from Rivers. The interception, he was getting nailed as he threw it. If I'm not mistaken, (possible, but not likely) that was his first 4-TD game, which is pretty crazy if you look at his #s the last few seasons.

Anyway this guy is terrific; no Gates, no Jackson, no Floyd, no Naanee, not even Buster freaking Davis. Making the magic happen with Ajirotuto and Patrick Crayton. Even McMichael looked awesome.

As far as the division is concerned, it'll play itself out. Raiders and Chiefs have 5 wins, we have 4, and we play them both again, so seems like destiny is back in our hands. I don't have too much faith in the D or special teams, so really anything the Chargers do is on Rivers. How far can a team go on the back of one guy? We'll find out.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Losing Vjax, floyd, naenae, buster, and then gates did not phase him!
Because he's Phillip ******* Rivers, *************. I <3 Rivers.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With every productive game that Chargers get out of no-name wide receivers, Vincent Jackson sees his value diminishing.

At this point, I don't even know if Vincent Jackson is even good. When Patrick Crayton and Seyi Ajirotutu put up similar numbers to him, it all becomes very muddled and confusing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Ajirotutu was a sleeper at WR in the draft this year. It was good to see a big game out of him this early in his career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
With every productive game that Chargers get out of no-name wide receivers, Vincent Jackson sees his value diminishing.

At this point, I don't even know if Vincent Jackson is even good. When Patrick Crayton and Seyi Ajirotutu put up similar numbers to him, it all becomes very muddled and confusing.
Yeah at a certain point you have to look at the O (still ranked #1) and think that Jackson should have been at the heart of it putting up 1300 and 12 TDs this year. I think that would have been better for his free agency than pouting for 10 games and showing up at the back end.

Also bad for VJ: the fact that Seyi has basically his exact skillset. I would have no problem throwing him and Floyd out as the starters going into the future, with Naanee running around in the slot and Gates destroying the world.

Last edited by CC.SD : 11-08-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yeah at a certain point you have to look at the O (still ranked #1) and think that Jackson should have been at the heart of it putting up 1300 and 12 TDs this year. I think that would have been better for his free agency than pouting for 10 games and showing up at the back end.

Also bad for VJ: the fact that Seyi has basically his exact skillset. I would have no problem throwing him and Floyd out as the starters going into the future, with Naanee running around in the slot and Gates destroying the world.
TBH, I think that's the best course of action for you to take. You're getting equitable production with the guys you have. Why even risk the problem child coming in, being out of shape, or not trying overly hard because he's protecting himself for FA? Especially when you're going to be fighting for a playoff spot down the stretch.

I'm with you, they should just go Floyd/Ajirotutu/Naanee after the bye week.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the ******* stupid contradictions people make. When Peyton Manning rains in statistics with no-name receivers he is the MVP. When Philip Rivers has done it, Tom Brady has done it and Drew Brees has done it. Those are the top-4 Quarterbacks, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Rivers deserves and has earned a spot next to those other three.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said before the season (my only major prediction of the off-season) that Philip Rivers was going to put up MVP numbers again, even without Vincent Jackson. He's surpassed my expectations. If the Chargers can come back and make it to the playoffs, he's the MVP. No doubt about it. He still on pace to break Dan Marino's yardage record by 200 yards and throw around 34 touchdowns with a 65% completion percentage.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I love the ******* stupid contradictions people make. When Peyton Manning rains in statistics with no-name receivers he is the MVP. When Philip Rivers has done it, Tom Brady has done it and Drew Brees has done it. Those are the top-4 Quarterbacks, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Rivers deserves and has earned a spot next to those other three.
Agreed. I almost put Rivers in that category of truly elite quarterbacks last season but held off. Now, there is no doubt in my mind that he belongs there. Seriously, the Charger's sixth receiver just went for 111 yards and 2 TD.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, let's just accept that a bunch of quarterbacks are being really impressive this year by getting it done with guys who entered the season as 3rd string options.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I love about Rivers is his accuracy. I've rarely if ever seen him just miss a guy. When he throws it, it's on the money, every time.

You gotta respect that. If he makes a good decision and he has time to let it go, it's getting there. Every time.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

With good qbs, its moreso practicing timing and getting a feel for your particular WRs moreso than having the need to have stud WRs line up across the board.

Having great WRs surely helps, but if you have a good qb, its more important for him to build chemistry with whoever he has, and give him a clean pocket. That can be just as effective.

Practice and chemistry. It's how guys like Peyton, Brady, Favre, etc have done it for years.

I'll give you a good example with Eli. Eli had Burress and Shockey, but he could never connect with them. Why? Bc they constantly ran teh wrong routes and wouldn't practice with Eli.

Then he gets Smith, Mario, and Nicks, gets to practice with them and work on timing, and teach them how he wants them running routes and all of a sudden you see the #s.

Chemistry and having guys in the right position is the most important aspect of th passing game.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I said before the season (my only major prediction of the off-season) that Philip Rivers was going to put up MVP numbers again, even without Vincent Jackson. He's surpassed my expectations. If the Chargers can come back and make it to the playoffs, he's the MVP. No doubt about it. He still on pace to break Dan Marino's yardage record by 200 yards and throw around 34 touchdowns with a 65% completion percentage.
Rivers is the MVP right now IMO, even though his team is 4-5 and missing the playoffs at this point. The guy is unreal.

What also is unreal (and dumb as hell) is I obtained Rivers last week in my FFL, and then Sunday morning I traded Rivers for Schuab & Frank Gore. Schuab then went out and threw NO TDs while Rivers slinged 4 against him. I'm suck of Arian Foster. And Andre Johnson with some big drops, WTF is up with that?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers will win the MVP because the Chargers are going to win the AFC West. Will anyone be surprised when they win their next three games division games all at home? I know I won't. Same old song and dance people. The only toss-up in their schedule is Indianapolis, even if they lose that they are going to be 10-6.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think he's a lock for OPOY. MVP? I don't know about that. The press tends to reward players who are on teams with impressive regular season records.

Barely winning the AFC West isn't anything to brag about. In the eyes of many, MVP is probably going to a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, whom I'm expecting to both have better regular season records when the dust settles.

OPOY is more about stats, and I think Rivers gets that.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rivers will win the MVP because the Chargers are going to win the AFC West. Will anyone be surprised when they win their next three games, all home games versus the division and are at 7-5? I know I won't. Same old song and dance people.
We'll just have to see. That passing attack is the best single unit in the whole division, but that run defense is inconsistent and that special teams unit is still utter ****. They're a really good team, but KC and Oakland are competitive matchups. And to be perfectly frank, KC is going to be the favorite in their next 4 games and SD has to face Indy during that same stretch. Even if SD wins those three games before facing KC, making them 7-5, KC might be 9-3.

I think the Chargers could win, but I don't see a viable way where they have any chance of being the clear winner before the very final week of the year.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Then they beat the Chiefs and it will be 8-5 to 9-4 Chiefs advantage. But I don't think KC is as good as their record indicates and I could see them losing to a so-called "underdog" or two.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Seriously guys.

1 team is led by Matt Cassell.

The other team is led by Jason Campbell.

And the Chargers are led by Phillip Rivers.

Who do you have your money on? I know who I'm betting on.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Seriously guys.

1 team is led by Matt Cassell.

The other team is led by Jason Campbell.

And the Chargers are led by Phillip Rivers.

The most favorable stat of all
Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Then they beat the Chiefs and it will be 8-5 to 9-4 Chiefs advantage. But I don't think KC is as good as their record indicates and I could see them losing to a so-called "underdog" or two.
It could definitely happen, I just wanted to point out that KC is past all their hard non-division games and SD isn't. The Chargers have a long road to climb.

Quote:
Unforunately, the same team that has Phillip Rivers is the team that's on pace to give up 9 blocked punts this year.

Rivers is playing out of his skull, but it'd be foolish to claim this is business as usual for the AFC West. The Chargers' competition is way better and the Chargers are way more incompetent.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
That was basically a perfect game from Rivers. The interception, he was getting nailed as he threw it. If I'm not mistaken, (possible, but not likely) that was his first 4-TD game, which is pretty crazy if you look at his #s the last few seasons.

Anyway this guy is terrific; no Gates, no Jackson, no Floyd, no Naanee, not even Buster freaking Davis. Making the magic happen with Ajirotuto and Patrick Crayton. Even McMichael looked awesome.

As far as the division is concerned, it'll play itself out. Raiders and Chiefs have 5 wins, we have 4, and we play them both again, so seems like destiny is back in our hands. I don't have too much faith in the D or special teams, so really anything the Chargers do is on Rivers. How far can a team go on the back of one guy? We'll find out.
Yesterday was actually Philip's 2nd 4 TD game, the first was that week 16 game in Tampa back in 08. That game and the playoff game @ Indy were the two best games I've ever seen him play.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Yesterday was actually Philip's 2nd 4 TD game, the first was that week 16 game in Tampa back in 08. That game and the playoff game @ Indy were the two best games I've ever seen him play.
oooh that's right, the bloody jeff garcia game. Amazing comeback.